Champions miniatures

Lupus

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions miniatures

Definetly like. Did you coat the mini in sand for the texture?

Specifically: I cut off the pointy elf eartips, topknot, blades and pommels; carved out the crotch, brushed on glue, rolled her in sand and primed her in white.

It was at that point I realized she still looked male from several feet away (like on a gaming mat) so I added more 'breast' to her and re-applied sand. Scraped sand away from areas where I knew her costume would be; primed fig in white, painted red, drybrushed black (to represent the cooling lava) and then painted the costume in the group colors of blue and white and painted the eyes yellow to represent the heat within. Sprayed flat coat twice, touched up the eyes with pot gloss. Standard for bases (back then): Painted the base green. Glued on flock, inked for shadow and drybrushed the 'grass'.

It was a fun project. I had it all planned ahead of time (except for the slight setback with her chest) in my head and I still feel it came out great. It made playing her all the more fun having this minature of Magmarock. :)

Mags

Nery nice as usual Magmarock. Are you going to be pulling up the previously posted figs to make memory room or are you planning on pulling from the art thread?

A cleared out all of my pics except for 7, before I started posting these photos of my miniatures. I will try to have an alternate link in place for each pic before I delete any of the new ones. Contrary to what some have stated (in other threads) I didn't actually store my pic/files here, only displayed them here. I still have each and every one on my PC and I am trying to get them back into the threads. :)

Mags

In City of Heroes, I've got Teen Anthem, the online version of my character Anthem. Eventually you can buy multiple versions of your uniforms. Well, I liked this one enough that I'll likely use it in my campaign when we reconvene.

I still need to transplant it to a better base and repaint the feet.

More pictures (as well as the drawing of the costume for comparison) available HERE.

clix_anthem2.jpg

In City of Heroes, I've got Teen Anthem, the online version of my character Anthem. Eventually you can buy multiple versions of your uniforms. Well, I liked this one enough that I'll likely use it in my campaign when we reconvene.

I still need to transplant it to a better base and repaint the feet.

She's really good, Blue. I'd try to put some separation between the shorts and her legs, though. I suggest either a gray line to define the edge, which you can then make extremely thin again by painting on more white over the gray, or by making her skin a darker shade of tan. Right now, she kinda looks nekkid from the hips down and that she seriously needs to hit a tanning booth, you know? ;)

I really like the mask.

Mags

Good work Blue and nice website. Any plans on doing her in the animated style costume?

Thank you Mags and RM.

Any nakedness is more a photographic issue. It doesn't look that way at all in person.

I planned to do one of the earlier costumes, but with most I couldn't figure out a way to make the psuedo-coat thing she wears. At least not do it well.

But any further attempts will wait until after I've done one for every member of the Sentinels.

WOW!! Nice butt!!

LOL! I only painted it, I didn't sculpt it! Actually, this fig came from a fantasy (D&D like) slave set that was rated for ages 17+ because all the women were naked. In addition to the human females, this are two dwarven wenches, two halflings, a catlady (or tiefling, maybe), and a mutant gal with four breasts (haven't figured out what to do with that one).

Anyway, all I had to do to prep this fig was file away the nipples and, erm, the "bushy' crotch area. :nonp:

Cheers,

Mags