Favorite Abuses

JmOz

Re: Favorite Abuses

...until there's a chase down a narrow corridor or some such.

I tried it :D

N-Ray Perception. You may not be physically present, but you can track the guy and feed info to your teammates.

You can also nuke him from orbit, depending on your vehicle, or perhaps Megascale UAA Teleport. . .

( this isn't even bringing up the *really* obscene tricks, like Summon used to produce android avatars. . . )

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool until the vehicle gets trashed. Look at the DCV for most vehicles sometimes... hard to not hit. Hell, given modifiers, even called shots are usually easy to do on vehicles.

I reported before on Big Brother, the guy who thought he was cool, sitting up in orbit with scads of telescopic N-Ray Vision and craploads of mental powers, mind-blasting people from outer space. He wasn't so cool when the GM sent flying bricks to go smack the crap out of his space station, leaving him stranded in space.

He obviously didn't big a nasty enough space ship.

Granted, I'm thinking along the lines of "750 point character spends 500 points on vehicle, of which a sizeable portion are spent on a big ass "Omni Technology" VPP. . ."

He obviously didn't big a nasty enough space ship.

Granted, I'm thinking along the lines of "750 point character spends 500 points on vehicle, of which a sizeable portion are spent on a big ass "Omni Technology" VPP. . ."

Heh. That was a campaign based on 100 pts plust up to 160 in Disads. He was lucky to be able to afford what he was able to do - which was plenty enough.

Really, no campaign would benefit from a character like Big Brother equipped with something more or less equivalent to a Death Star.

I could demonstrate in our campaign, if you'd like ;)

You know, I had a character (Special Agent Trent, for those who care) with the power 7" Teleportation, Safe Blind Teleport, x2048 Non-Combat Multiplier. That gave him about an 18-mile teleport. It wasn't much of a problem, because we misinterpreted the rules on non-combat teleporting to mean that you had to spend a phase more or less Stunned on arrival, so I never used it in combat.

A quick check of the Megascale rules suggests that I could get this kind of range for fewer points using Megascale, but I wanted better accuracy than "somewhere in a 1-Km hex". On the other hand, even on a 3, I'd miss the target hex by nine or ten hexes at that range.

Zeropoint

You know, I had a character (Special Agent Trent, for those who care) with the power 7" Teleportation, Safe Blind Teleport, x2048 Non-Combat Multiplier. That gave him about an 18-mile teleport. It wasn't much of a problem, because we misinterpreted the rules on non-combat teleporting to mean that you had to spend a phase more or less Stunned on arrival, so I never used it in combat.

A quick check of the Megascale rules suggests that I could get this kind of range for fewer points using Megascale, but I wanted better accuracy than "somewhere in a 1-Km hex". On the other hand, even on a 3, I'd miss the target hex by nine or ten hexes at that range.

Zeropoint

Did you consider building it as a multipower, with a megascale slot and a normal slot??

My character Office Worker has a base built with all of his available points. His base is a desk in an office building. Somewhere in the world. Given 350 points to work with, this means his base has 620 point to play with, assuming he has 4 of them (3 are back-up bases "just in case"). Assume the desk costs 5 points to build.

Using the remaining 615 points, his base buys a follower with 200 points + 150 in disadvantages (40 points) and then uses the remaining 575 to buy multiple followers, giving him 2^115 followers. Keep in mind he has 4 such bases, meaning he really has 2^117 followers (that ^ symbols meaning "to the power" so 2^117 mean 2 to the 117th power, or double the number one a total of 117 times).

Each follower has a Multiform taking up 350 active points (with instant change) that lets them go from normal human to alien death-dealer. Their alien form is built on 1725 active points.

The alien form has only two powers:

1) Duplication built on 850 points allowing him to make 2^101 duplicates of his 1725-point self.

2) A Summon taking up 874 points. The creature summoned are amiable (slavishly devoted) and clock in at 2185 character points. They have about 685 points devoted to movement, perception, attributes and defenses. The remaining 1500 is in a cosmic VPP (600 point pool size).

Ultimately, this yields 2^218 summoned creatures worth 2185 points indirectly slavishly loyal to Office Worker. He general keeps a few thousand around him (all invisible no fringe to every sense which is outside their VPPs) that apply Usable By Others on every possible defensive power, perception power and positive adjustment power (aids) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Since he has at minimum 600,000 real points (normally closer to 2 million) in defenses being applied to him he's basically indestructable and also aware of nearly anything occuring within a sizable distance of our galaxy (given his mega-scaled perceptions granted through the VPP of his bases' followers' duplicates' summoned pets).

This should effectively make him ruler of the universe. And I didn't even reuse any power/perk (otherwise you can nest followers in followers ad nausem). Feel free to make him the villian in your next campaign ;) Just expect your players to beat you unconscious shortly afterword.

This is a GM strikes back one.

Teleport Multipower

(various normal teleport slots requiring a OIF Teleport Bracelet and...)

u....10" Teleport, 0 END, Persistent, -1/4 On Unless Teleport Bracelet used, -1/2 Half-Move Only. Safe Teleport. Linked to 2D6 RKA, 0 END, Persistant, No Range (Safely Teleport into something and do 2D6)

So, the good guys knocks the teleporter unconscious and spends a turn taking the bracelet off (he been using it to do the teleport tricks in his multipower)...

Then pandamondum breaks out as an uncoscious teleporter starts blipping around into objects doing 2D6K to everything one phase at a time.

Sadly' date=' no. Other members of the group have. And I wonder why I don't seem to have enough points to compete with them...[/quote']

If I were you, I'd discuss it to the side, privately, with the GM. At least to get his perspective. Heck, if he wants things that way, you may as well avail yourself to be on a level playing field.

If I were you' date=' I'd discuss it to the side, privately, with the GM. At least to get his perspective. Heck, if he wants things that way, you may as well avail yourself to be on a level playing field.[/quote']

I agree, and hell if you need help: Just ask, abuse are us will help you out...

how about

Discriminatory Anlytical Detect "Susuceptibilities and Vulnerabilities"?

with a vpp of course.....

if he uilds them the you can blast them...

I don't have a problem with this one, assuming one limits it a bit more - for example, as only applying to biologically-based susceptibilities and vulnerabilities. Given that the Champs U has remote sensors which can detect mutant genomes - which means, really, you have something that can analyze DNA without taking a physical sample (!!!) - I don't have a problem with sensors existing which would detech physical weaknesses, allergies, biochemical abonormalities and such. The same system wouldn't work against some other sorts of Susc/Vuln Disads, though. For example, if someone has such a strong aversion to outside control that they are Susceptible to Mind Control, or someone is so easily frightened that they take extra damage from PRE attacks, that is not likely to show up on bio scans - though a similar power with a psionic special effect, only to detect those sorts of Susc/Vuln Disads, would be valid, too.

Hmm' date=' how about a Stun/Body Transfer Damage Shield??[/quote']

With the right special effect - Life-Leech Lad or somesuch - I don't find that one abusive - just annoying. It also pretty much guarantees Life-Leech Lad will attract big Ego Attacks and RKAs, so he might as well enjoy it while he can. :)

With the right special effect - Life-Leech Lad or somesuch - I don't find that one abusive - just annoying. It also pretty much guarantees Life-Leech Lad will attract big Ego Attacks and RKAs' date=' so he might as well enjoy it while he can. :)[/quote']

Yeah, but imagine if it were comboed with reasonable defense and HtH skill?? You'd have one hell of a brick buster.

As for the Vulnerability Sense/VPP combo, I'm thinking the only time an unlimited version of that would be appropriate would be for a Karnak-type character, and even then, there should be some defense ( perhaps any Lack of Weaknesses is applied as a penalty to the PER check ).

Yeah' date=' but imagine if it were comboed with reasonable defense and HtH skill?? You'd have one hell of a brick buster.[/quote']

Sounds like an interesting way to build a demonic or entropic-powers sort of character, really. Dangerous, sure, but I don't think it's imbalanced. For one thing, significant Damage Shields are really expensive.

As for the Vulnerability Sense/VPP combo, I'm thinking the only time an unlimited version of that would be appropriate would be for a Karnak-type character, and even then, there should be some defense ( perhaps any Lack of Weaknesses is applied as a penalty to the PER check ).

If I was going to allow that at all, that's probably how I'd do it, yeah. Good idea.

WINNER!!!!!!

My character Office Worker has a base built with all of his available points. His base is a desk in an office building. Somewhere in the world. Given 350 points to work with, this means his base has 620 point to play with, assuming he has 4 of them (3 are back-up bases "just in case"). Assume the desk costs 5 points to build.

Using the remaining 615 points, his base buys a follower with 200 points + 150 in disadvantages (40 points) and then uses the remaining 575 to buy multiple followers, giving him 2^115 followers. Keep in mind he has 4 such bases, meaning he really has 2^117 followers (that ^ symbols meaning "to the power" so 2^117 mean 2 to the 117th power, or double the number one a total of 117 times).

Each follower has a Multiform taking up 350 active points (with instant change) that lets them go from normal human to alien death-dealer. Their alien form is built on 1725 active points.

The alien form has only two powers:

1) Duplication built on 850 points allowing him to make 2^101 duplicates of his 1725-point self.

2) A Summon taking up 874 points. The creature summoned are amiable (slavishly devoted) and clock in at 2185 character points. They have about 685 points devoted to movement, perception, attributes and defenses. The remaining 1500 is in a cosmic VPP (600 point pool size).

Ultimately, this yields 2^218 summoned creatures worth 2185 points indirectly slavishly loyal to Office Worker. He general keeps a few thousand around him (all invisible no fringe to every sense which is outside their VPPs) that apply Usable By Others on every possible defensive power, perception power and positive adjustment power (aids) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Since he has at minimum 600,000 real points (normally closer to 2 million) in defenses being applied to him he's basically indestructable and also aware of nearly anything occuring within a sizable distance of our galaxy (given his mega-scaled perceptions granted through the VPP of his bases' followers' duplicates' summoned pets).

This should effectively make him ruler of the universe. And I didn't even reuse any power/perk (otherwise you can nest followers in followers ad nausem). Feel free to make him the villian in your next campaign ;) Just expect your players to beat you unconscious shortly afterword.

Actually, it's not near the winner's circle, but given Damage Shield prohibits taking "No Range", taking adjustment powers (which have no range to begin with) as a damage shield has an element of abuse to it.

BTW, for LifeLeechLad, that should be a Linked Drain and Aid, not a transfer. That way, the Drain doesn't cap when Life Lad gains the maximum STUN and BOD.