Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I like to be nice and friendly with the new people I'm register training. I give them the impression that this is the kindest, most laid-back, fun place to work in the whole wide world.

I figure that makes it more fun for their boss when he crushes their souls.

Hehe. You rock. The work of pure evil. :)

Just found where my cats officially made their first post, though I may have missed others.

I should hide my credit cards.

If you find huge expenses from the catfood place "Mice 'R Us", you know who to blame. :D:sneaky:

I had an assignment similar that a few years ago in my astronomy class. We were to sketch/draw the full moon using a telescope or binochulars. We were to include what surface formations we could see' date=' labeled of course; and had to mark if we used a telescope or binochulars. Oddly, I used neither and was able to make out most surface formations, though I wasn't able to label them. However, I marked that I had used binochulars. When I recieved the graded paper back, the professor had but one question "Are you sure you used binochulars for this assignment?" Ummm...I used neither cause I'm a lazy student. But I never admitted that her. [/quote']

Yeah, we can tell about that sort of thing. It just tends not to be worth the fight. It's obvious that you, at least, looked, which is much more than half the battle.

Three panicky emails about the moon lab assignment in the last 12 hours, one of which claims to speak for two people. Sigh. We'll see when they appear at my office.

Note:

To all those who like Firefox as a browser and think it is the bees-knees really should give Opera a try. why?

1) it is standards complient (acid 2)

2) it is FAST both in rendering javascript and CSS. much faster than firefox.

read more here. The article is Mac-focused but has plenty for Windows users too (IE the javascript and CSS stats)

I used Opera a long time ago... yeah it screamed right along. It really was, at the time I used it, the absolute faster browser I've have ever seen.

But couldn't implement Java to save its life. Even simple Javascript choked it up and caused issues. If they've fixed those problems I may give it another go....

thnx for the tip.

Kittens eat paint.

Why did no one tell me this?

There's a lot of things that'll eat paint, especially the old lead-based pigment paint. Apparently the lead compounds taste good to lots of animals. Including children.

Now, if it's newer, non-lead paint, I have no idea.

There's a lot of things that'll eat paint, especially the old lead-based pigment paint. Apparently the lead compounds taste good to lots of animals. Including children.

Now, if it's newer, non-lead paint, I have no idea.

I'm a bit worried about it. It's not like these kittens were exactly playing with a full deck to begin with.

I used Opera a long time ago... yeah it screamed right along. It really was, at the time I used it, the absolute faster browser I've have ever seen.

But couldn't implement Java to save its life. Even simple Javascript choked it up and caused issues. If they've fixed those problems I may give it another go....

thnx for the tip.

No probs. As the article is max based, read it. I'm sure you'll pickup something new. I did.

thnx for the tip.

Just as a note, Java != Javascript. The two are unrelated, except for a slight similarity in syntax, and the fact that the name "Javascript" was chosen because Java was so popular at the time. They are not the same language, they are not related languages.

Just as a note' date=' Java != Javascript. The two are unrelated, except for a slight similarity in syntax, and the fact that the name "Javascript" was chosen because Java was so popular at the time. They are not the same language, they are not related languages.[/quote']

I'm talking about working with both Java apps inside a webpage (like some of those found on Yahoo Games) and simple Javascript written into a webpage (like a call to open a second window).

I'm well aware they are not the same thing. Anything beyond simple HTML used to make Opera freak. I'm sure had i tried anything with Flash it would have freaked as well - but i wasn't that adventerous with it.

Tuesday is 6/6/06.

The Devil Rays are playing The Angels.

A few years ago, the Australian Football League had the Melbourne "Demons" play the St Kilda "Saints" on Easter Monday.

The Saints won in an upset.

EDIT: Just realised these two teams played again today, the closest possible game day to 6/6/06.... and the Demons won.

I'm talking about working with both Java apps inside a webpage (like some of those found on Yahoo Games) and simple Javascript written into a webpage (like a call to open a second window).

I'm well aware they are not the same thing. Anything beyond simple HTML used to make Opera freak. I'm sure had i tried anything with Flash it would have freaked as well - but i wasn't that adventerous with it.

Cool, just checking. I'm just used to seeing people assume that since it is called Javascript that it must be related to Java in some way. Frequently programmer types unfamiliar with both assume that Javascript is the scripting language version of Java. Sorry, just one of my buttons. :)

A few years ago, the Australian Football League had the Melbourne "Demons" play the St Kilda "Saints" on Easter Monday.

The Saints won in an upset.

Well that doesn't surprise me. The Demon's had the umpires in their back pocket. :) and cheaters never prosper.

EDIT: Just realised these two teams played again today, the closest possible game day to 6/6/06.... and the Demons won.
is this an omen?

Well that doesn't surprise me. The Demon's had the umpires in their back pocket. :) and cheaters never prosper.
Actually, quite the opposite - one of the umpires in that particular game was a Lutheran (IIRR) minister.