Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Rather to my surprise, our weather let us see the eclipse last night. It happened right after moonrise here, and since our house is just west of a densely wooded hillcrest, I loaded the kids into the truck and we drove to the other side of the hill. I haven't transferred the images off my camera yet to see if any of them are any good.

I'd throw Madonna some luvins. Just to show the poor kid some mercy, you know. :winkgrin:

We also went out to see the eclipse last night. Didn't think we'd see a thing, but about 10 minutes before totality the clouds moved out of the way. We sat out and watched it for about half an hour before we got cold and went back in. Very cool! :thumbup:

Reading what the web-posting student population has to say about you and your colleagues is interesting.

For a while if you googled my best friend's name the first site that popped up was a blog titled: Bill Carone is Wrong.

it came from one of his students when he was a TA.

I am enjoying my week off... on the plus side, I've been sleeping late, having breakfast with my daughter (serious mother/daughter bonding going on there) catching up on projects around the house and generally being a lady-of-leisure. I got to tell the office where to get off when they wanted to fog the place for roaches (I break out head-to-toe hives and had my doctor fax them a note saying so).

On the down side, I discovered that I screwed up my W-4 last year and didn't have any Federal Tax withheld...so we keep paying them $100 a month and try again next year...

All in all, not bad... and I still don't have to be back to work until Tuesday...

I am enjoying my week off... on the plus side, I've been sleeping late, having breakfast with my daughter (serious mother/daughter bonding going on there) catching up on projects around the house and generally being a lady-of-leisure. I got to tell the office where to get off when they wanted to fog the place for roaches (I break out head-to-toe hives and had my doctor fax them a note saying so).

On the down side, I discovered that I screwed up my W-4 last year and didn't have any Federal Tax withheld...so we keep paying them $100 a month and try again next year...

All in all, not bad... and I still don't have to be back to work until Tuesday...

thanks for sharing. nice to know that mum and daughter are close and the "lady-of-leisure" sounds...intriguing. ;)

On the plus side I don't have to go to work until Wednesday (Tuesday your time) so will I be seeing you more over the next few days? (hoping)

We screwed up our 2006 W-4's and wound up having to pay way more taxes than expected, so this year we probably over compensated. Which might not be bad since I did have inheritance stuff so extra wiggle room is good.

Now if I can get the $$$ out of Wells Fargo, I'll be done with that...

thanks for sharing. nice to know that mum and daughter are close and the "lady-of-leisure" sounds...intriguing. ;)

On the plus side I don't have to go to work until Wednesday (Tuesday your time) so will I be seeing you more over the next few days? (hoping)

definitely around... I occasionally step into the chat room to see how big a wrench I can throw into the monkey works... have you seen the two new threads? :D

definitely around... I occasionally step into the chat room to see how big a wrench I can throw into the monkey works... have you seen the two new threads? :D

Yes, to saw you with your cartoon in the chat room.

No, to the new threads.

I think I've discovered the negative to downloaded music.

I bought an album from iTunes, the track titles were all wrong.

I bought an album from Amazon.com one of the tracks was "cut" wrong. Ending in the middle of the song, the next song starts with the remnants of the prior song. Which is fine unless you shuffle it..

Gah, and I reported both instances to the sellers and they acted like I was the problem.

*sigh*

out of curiosity, can anyone suggest how I would repair the two tracks that were intertwined?

Well, I've seen actual albums where it happens that the end of a song is on the next track so...

As for your question you'd need editing software to change where songs break, but it's easy enough to change song titles.

Well, I've seen actual albums where it happens that the end of a song is on the next track so...

As for your question you'd need editing software to change where songs break, but it's easy enough to change song titles.

Yeah, I fixed the song titles. Perhaps the tracks were messed up via the album, I'd be surprised it was that bad though, this isn't a fade in/out the first song cuts out in the middle of the guitar solo and the entire bridge and fade out chorus almost a minute 45 seconds of the song is on the following track.