Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Huh? The show has been on tv for 3 years and has been a very popular program, how could you not be aware of Zara?

I find your reaction surprising.

Not everyone keeps up with the latest TV fads. For instance America's Got Talent has been on even longer than that, and I couldn't tell you the name of a single person who has been on it. Heck, I couldn't tell you who any of the judges are either.

I hardly watch TV' date=' and certainly not any pop-fad-Idol-kinda shows. That she's just a kid makes it even worse.[/quote']

They've got everything, not just "pop". Stage magicians, performance art, comedians, and singers who sing all sorts of stuff. The ones who made it to the finals were all rather good.

Don't dis what you haven't seen.

I'm not sure what to say about the Denver bashing. Do I join the fun as my heart tells me or do I get mad at people for usurping my only reason for living?

I'm not bashing the city. Just the football team.

Pretty much where I am too. In a lot of ways I still miss living there.

I imagine once I've lived out here long enough I'll have equal disdain for the team(s) out here. :)

Oh no I have had a disdain for the Broncos and the Cowboys going back to the 80s.

I didn't loathe the Broncos until the Seahawks were begun in the late 1970s, but my Cowboy hatred goes back to the mid 1960s. Of course, being a Brit, you can be forgiven coming late to the table.

I dunno' date=' doesn't BBC World carry cricket?[/quote']

It might, but I refuse to pay for cable access so we get very little from the Beeb. We happen to get one station with rotating international content (though all English-language) but that station is based in Vancouver BC, with repeater stations here in the Puget Sound area. So like Prohibition era booze in these parts, it's almost bootlegged out of Canada.