Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

They have been doing repair work outside the flats and now finally ! the work on the water vpipes is finished and the hole has been filled in.

[London Calling] London is drowning-and I live by the river [/London Calling]

Y'know' date=' I studied music and played clarinet throughout my childhood and I do not get this humor at all. What am I missing ?[/quote']

Apparently, Cancer has had 'disagreements' with clarinet players before, thus he labels them evil. What he doesn't realize is that clarinets are inherently good, thus he must be the evil one.

*Runs away*

letsee, Evidence of Evil in instruments. *puts on inquisitor hat*

England banned bagpipes. Evil! Harps too, at one point: Evil!

"Play an accordion, go to jail!" semi-common bumper sticker: Evil.

on the other hand, I'm being tapped to provide skimpy leather outfits for the Accordion Babes calander, and a particular redhead I know...

Who am I kidding...EVIL

I think Hurdy Gurdy's, Theremins, pipe organs, and combolins should also qualify for Evil, just based on the players I've known

and piccolos. Because Shoggoths like them....

letsee, Evidence of Evil in instruments. *puts on inquisitor hat*

England banned bagpipes. Evil! Harps too, at one point: Evil!

"Play an accordion, go to jail!" semi-common bumper sticker: Evil.

on the other hand, I'm being tapped to provide skimpy leather outfits for the Accordion Babes calander, and a particular redhead I know...

Who am I kidding...EVIL

I think Hurdy Gurdy's, Theremins, pipe organs, and combolins should also qualify for Evil, just based on the players I've known

and piccolos.

:confused:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43099[/ATTACH]

Because Shoggoths like them....

What about the Glass Harmonica?

A cute little paper in the latest Science points out that the explosive growth in the human population ... "—more than three orders of magnitude within fewer than 400 generations—can be divided into one epoch of moderate exponential growth followed by accelerated explosive growth starting fewer than 100 generations ago." That kind of population growth means there are a lot of mutations in the modern population that haven't been selected out (or in) because there hasn't been enough generations to winnow things out.

So, there are lots of mutants around now, so watching for people with superpowers isn't as silly as one might guess. :doi:

Or not quite as ridiculous as it would be otherwise.

In my Pulp game I'm thinking that the transition to a superhero world would be easier insofar as the population growth and spread of civilization to hidden areas would mean that "cryptids" and superbeings would be MORE likely in the modern age simply because there are more samples on the same percentage chance, and are more prone to be noticed.

JG

A police car chase in my town? Huh.

Woo! We want a Joe Bob Briggs style capsule summary! Something like, "Fourteen bodies. Seven breasts. 1.5 quarts blood. Bimbo fu. Reindeer fu. Two exploding cars. Two stars. Joe Bob says check it out."