Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I've finally quantified what it is that I despise about certain songs: if' date=' as the songwriter, I'd have been embarrassed to write down "lyrics" like "b-b-bow bow bow bow bow, b-b-bow bow bow bow bow, b-b-bow bow bow bow bow, bow-bow bow-bow, d-do do-do-do", I'd have ditched that part, left my song at 1:34 long and called it good.[/quote']

Hmmm' date=' and at about 2:15, is that the Doctor Who theme I hear entwined in the song?[/quote']

I'm not really hearing it. I know that artists often embellish their performances over what is put on the album -- maybe it is more audible in that version?

I have never kenned Dr. Who Fandom.

This is not to say there is anything wrong with Dr. Who Fans.

When it comes to entertainment I'm a "smoke 'em if you've got 'em" kind of guy.

I'm sure I am a fan of things many Dr. Who Fans don't ken.

But, truth be told, when my friends who love Dr. Who are giddy and bouncing on the couch as they stare at the screen... I'm checking my watch.

As far as the theme goes' date=' I think I like the early Tom Baker era the best.[/quote']

That's the first (and up til BBC America) only Who I'm familiar with. Of the new Whos I like them all but am a bit disappointed that Ecclestone didn't stay more than one series.

JG

That's the first (and up til BBC America) only Who I'm familiar with. Of the new Whos I like them all but am a bit disappointed that Ecclestone didn't stay more than one series.

JG

When I was growing up in South Jersey in the 80's, the Philadelphia PBS station ran Dr. Who. Not only the then-current stuff with Tom Baker, but the older shows, as well. It lost my interest with Doctor #6 (that outfit was *too* much, and I simply didn't like #7 much at all. By the time it was rekindled, I never had regular TV access, so I never got see much of the nw stuff, though what I *did* see was much to my liking.