Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Everytime I think it's going to be Lime, it turns out to be Green Apple. :nonp::sick:

btw, the avatar is still on the work table. Just got distracted.

Thanks, lemming! It is my choice not to nag, no good ever comes of it. You'll get to it when you get a minute. I'm patient and I can wait.

I appreciate your help very much. :)

Well, I was going to be putting together a database of "standard spells" for the Guardians Universe... sort of give the magic operating there a unified feel, if nothing else. But then I realized that what with the Fantasy Hero Grimoire's 1 and 2, the USPD, and the Codex that Mr. Taylor just came out with, not only would such a work be redundant, such a work would likely get me hammered with cease and desist letters, what with there being only so many ways you can present such a database.

Sometimes its just not a good day to expand your gameworld's background...

How about getting permission to include sections of each (or the entire works) in the GGU?

Not only would it save a lot of work, but then you'd only need to add to it, should anything be lacking. Will that work?

And on a related note, just where does the history of magic use fit into the GGU? For instance, the Champions Universe had the Turakian Age, will the GGU have a set period when magic reigned and typical magical beast could be found- such as unicorns and the like? And since the reboot, when magic was added to the GGU, I am assuming that magic was there all along throughout history, not that is just suddenly appeared, right?

I only ask because it has impact on my campaign.

Cheers,

Mags

The Ohio Posters demand a recount!

The Tennesse Posters just don't care ;)

(Truth to tell, I prefer the w/dice too I think)

After the rodent with gun avatar paid for it, we recounted several times. Each time we came up with 100% lemming w/dice. The people have spoken!

The Washington voters are dead tied!

You had to remind me we are the laughing stock of the world.

:nonp::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

I DON'T see this ending well. Can you say at least four years of TRULY HATEFUL partison rancor?

I have to admit it, though it make me happy about myself... :stupid:

I have a suspicion that the "found" 700+ votes from King County are fraudulent. Otherwise they should have showed up at least in the FIRST recount. Shouldn't they?

Recount until you win?

Christine Gregoire won 50% of the votes, DESPITE the fact that her department as state attorney general was blatantly shown to be incompetent. They didn't bother to file an appeal, so the state had to pay a multi-million dollar fine. They then fired the woman who "was supposed to file it" and LOST a WRONGFUL TERMINATION suit by her!!!!!

I seem to recall there were a few other incidents...

doesn't

I heard she was about 124 votes ahead. After three counts she was declared the winner. At least there was a recount and they know for sure.

Unlike Ohio.

Mags

She lost the first count and the first recount, until they dug up the "misplaced ballots"

This state is going to be political HELL.

Magmarock, you commented on the people who take the Davinci code too seriously?

I heard an interview on BBC with a priest who has the lunatics who BELIEVE THE BOOK IS NON-FICTION coming to his church to see the spot where "the girl was murdered by the Opus dei monk" and accuse him of "covering up for it" when he says that NEVER HAPPENED!

:nonp::nonp:

People frighten me. :(

I heard an interview on BBC with a priest who has the lunatics who BELIEVE THE BOOK IS NON-FICTION coming to his church to see the spot where "the girl was murdered by the Opus dei monk" and accuse him of "covering up for it" when he says that NEVER HAPPENED!

Amazing.

Mags

I'm in Oregon... so :tonguewav

Kidding. I hope it works out. I really do. I know how it feels to lose to the other side. It feels like crap.

Like I've been told... it won't be so bad.

Mags

Its not even so much having Rossi lose. I was going to vote for gregoire until I was reminded of the major mistakes her office made.

I just don't feel comfortable with the way those votes were "found" and the very idea of an election that is so close. Our state house was crippled by a 50-50 split in the past. I don't see any good coming out of this election here.

Then there are her mealy mouthed statements about a "mandate to heal" and the fact that she tried to declare she won before they were anywhere near done.

And, of course, our current GOvernor, who I believe I did vote for, wants to change our emissions standards to the CALIFORNIA standards.

SO, now everyone needs to buy 1000+ dollar 4 stroke outboards for their boats, and all the other fun little things the CA standards have mandated.

I didn't THINK I was cranky today! :(

I heard an interview with a guy who interviewed Dan Brown and asked him point blank if the stuff was made up. He phrased it something like, "Now these documents and events you refer to are fictional, right?" Brown's answer was that the documents had really existed and many of the events actually occurred. He apparently wants people to believe it's real.

I DON'T see this ending well. Can you say at least four years of TRULY HATEFUL partison rancor?

I have a suspicion that the "found" 700+ votes from King County are fraudulent. Otherwise they should have showed up at least in the FIRST recount. Shouldn't they?

Recount until you win?

Christine Gregoire won 50% of the votes, DESPITE the fact that her department as state attorney general was blatantly shown to be incompetent. They didn't bother to file an appeal, so the state had to pay a multi-million dollar fine. They then fired the woman who "was supposed to file it" and LOST a WRONGFUL TERMINATION suit by her!!!!!

doesn't

Reminds me of the situation in Kansas years ago when everyone voted for the challenger because we thought no one could be worse than the incumbent governor. Boy, were we wrong.

Guest Skaramine

I finally saw Spider Man 2. I wasn't impressed. It was pretty bad' date=' actually, except for maybe the parts with Spidey and Doc Ock fighting.[/quote']

You must have seen only the Lego movie. The one you want to see has Toby McGuire and Alfred Molina.

Guest Skaramine

Strange dream. I have been reading Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds (so some minor spoilers maybe present). Someone trying to wake an ancient evil, so I am busy hunting it with a .454 Kazol (kinda made the odd switch from fantasy to modern). And when we finally discover the ancient evil it is none other than David Hasselhof.

No more scotch before bedtime.

I like those kinds of dreams... I can never have enough.

WOW. I've been reading that in passing, what a treat to have Washington be the laughing stock of the Northwest for a while

Says the guy from the land of Tanya Harding, Lon Mabon, Bob Packwood and now, the only democrat may grandmother ever liked, Neil Goldschmidt...oh the shame.

Recount until you win?

doesn't

Guest Skaramine

Eyes JAGN carefully as he slinks away' date=' musing "One day, he will be trouble..." :sneaky:[/quote']

I'd worry about Koazilla... AirbagSML.jpg

Bazza's love child... as viewed in Pics that could be superteams.

You alien reptile heathens!

Recount until you win?

doesn't

I dunno, votes are often legitimately found, so who knows?

Of course you know republican counties will be looking extremely hard now.

As I've stated elsewhere, there was a Senate race in NH between Durkin and Wyman back when I was young, in 1974, that was tied so badly they never did resolve it (it dragged on and they finally just held another election). It was pretty rough but IF I recall correctly Durkin and Wyman mostly directly fought and the parties, while supportive, kept it a bit at arms length. Perhaps that's the biggest change since the so-called bipartisan era of the 60s/70s - the parties now pick up for the candidates rather than vice-versa. Anyway, don't worry, it's not the first time this has happened in a state.

Washington should just hold another election; in NH the way the candidates handled the post-election processed influenced for clarity, and turnout also increased, and the result was very clear.