Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Three words: Kiss. My. Ass.

Pass.

First, you were under no obligation at all to follow the link. You did that yourself.

No, I was under no obligation to follow you link, but you folks were discussing Dragon Ball Z. How was I supposed to know it would be linked to something concerning Harry Potter?

Second, once you did follow the link, you were under no obligation to actually read my story. You did that yourself.

How was I supposed to know the context of the story without reading what was on the screen? I don't know how it is for most folks, but when I see writen words in front of me, reading them is a reflex action. I didn't even read the whole paragraph! I skimmed it to see what this was about, only before my brain had processed that it was about Harry Potter (which was confusing to me, as the discussion had been about Dragon Ball Z), I'd already read the spoiler.

Third, the fourth Harry Potter book has been out for at least three years, and the fifth has been out for over a year. The information I "spoiled" for you has been widely accessible in other media for a while.

Yes, it has been out there for a while... and I have been able to dodge all mention of it because I didn't want to ruin the books. I was able to neatly avoid those things because when people are discussing Harry Potter, there is usually something, somewhere, that mentions it. There was no warning at all about that link you posted. None.

There is an absolute time limit to how long we (those of us who read the books regularly) have to bother with being careful around you (those of you who don't). In short, its not my fault you're lollygagging. You did that yourself.

And here I always thought that common courtesy and thinking about your fellow human beings were values without a time limit. Not being psychic, I had utterly no reasonable way to know the link would lead me to something other than what was being discussed. You posted a blind link that had nothing to do with Dragon Ball Z.

And I'm sorry that my "lollygagging" offends you. I'm sure you have some familiarity with not having a whole lot of spare time with which to do liesure activities. I've been faced with the problem for a while myself. Through a quirk of fate, I have about 3 days in front of me where I can truly rest without other things requiring my attention or simply causing my brain to get all tied up in knots. I was actually looking forward to sitting down and reading Book 4 now that had the time to do so.

So do not come crying to me about it. :stupid:

You were careless, and that carlessness screwed me over. Yeah, I'm ticked about it. I think I have every right to be... just as you have every right to be ticked when somebody says something that upsets you even when that wasn't their goal. You also have every right to call them on the carpet for their screw-up. That's all I'm doing here. You were careless, you screwed the pooch, I got screwed for it, and I called you on it. Only you seem to have no sympathy for anyone's anger but your own, you don't see anything you did to be sorry for, and you do not perceive that you made any mistakes. I obviously disagree, but there is clearly no point in arguing the matter further.

Guest Worldmaker

Two points:

The portion of my story that is a "spoiler" for the books you haven't read yet is a good half-to-three-quarters down the page. The fact that its a Harry Potter story is revealed in the first sentence.

You could have stopped reading at any time.

If you want to blame someone, blame your own damned self. You did it to yourself, and no amount of whining on your part changes that.

Two points:

The portion of my story that is a "spoiler" for the books you haven't read yet is a good half-to-three-quarters down the page. The fact that its a Harry Potter story is revealed in the first sentence.

You could have stopped reading at any time.

If you want to blame someone, blame your own damned self. You did it to yourself, and no amount of whining on your part changes that.

Like I said, there is clearly no point in arguing the matter further.

So I won't.

Hmmm... written a few fanfics but never about HP. Maybe because I wanna see what else J. K. Rowling does with it before I take a shot at it.

Have done Vampire Hunter D, Bubblegum Crisis 2040, one-off's on DBZ, and a couple on Dragonlance.

Right now, the all-consuming passion is the DBZ novel. Although one of these days, I might take a shot at writing a story about Spiral.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Hmmm... written a few fanfics but never about HP. Maybe because I wanna see what else J. K. Rowling does with it before I take a shot at it.

Have done Vampire Hunter D, Bubblegum Crisis 2040, one-off's on DBZ, and a couple on Dragonlance.

Right now, the all-consuming passion is the DBZ novel. Although one of these days, I might take a shot at writing a story about Spiral.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

How "up" are you on the cast of Ranma 1/2?

How "up" are you on the cast of Ranma 1/2?

Not really, I'm afraid. Only seen a couple of episodes and they were in the middle of the series, I think (where the school bully falls in love with Ranma's female identity, the Little Red-Headed Kettle Girl or somesuch he calls him/her). And one of the other girls starts taking pictures of him/her and selling them to the bully for extra cash.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Not really, I'm afraid. Only seen a couple of episodes and they were in the middle of the series, I think (where the school bully falls in love with Ranma's female identity, the Little Red-Headed Kettle Girl or somesuch he calls him/her). And one of the other girls starts taking pictures of him/her and selling them to the bully for extra cash.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

That would have been during first season.

The reason I asked was, if you were, I have a great idea for a Ranma/ DBZ crossover.

And I'm not a writer, just a concept man.

I am so fooqin' mental right now.

I just watched the Fantastic Four trailer from MTV.

Sue... bouncing Dr. Doom's blast off her force field.

Ben trashing a semi-truck.

Johnny in flight.

Doom belting Reed halfway across Times Square.

If my nipples were any harder, they could cut diamonds.

I am quite disturbed, yet mildly amused by this admission... :winkgrin:

Guest Skaramine

I just dared to send Skaramine a copy of the "trailer" I did for my book. I hope to hell he's not going "Dull' date=' dull, boring, ugh" right now...[/quote']

I don't know how she did it, but she topped the Fantastic Four trailer, and I like Ben, Reed, Sue and Johnny better than almost everyone... except Piccolo.

Chef Rick Bayless is facing off against "Iron Chef" Bobby Flay on the premiere episode of Iron Chef America.

Chef Rebecca Babbitt, my primary instructor in the arts culinary, apprenticed with Bayless, so you might say I'm part of the Bayless legacy.

I seriously hope he kicks Flay's ass, and not just because Flay's an utter tool.

Flay is an arrogant jerk who cheapens the culinary arts.