Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Guest Skaramine

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Me too.

Those "two" characters were a large part of what made this board a nice place to be, which is why the whole deception is such a bummer.

JG

The Kara construct's friendliness, genuine warmth and consideration for the feelings of others were what made her so attractive. Plus, the construct was good at coming along and poking holes in egos without insult.

Plus, the construct was "proof" that a same-sex couple could raise children well. Derek Heimforth is too, but it was good to see a same-sex parent.

Guest Skaramine

But ya' know' date=' we have pleasant people on the board who don't lie about their life. I prefer them.[/quote']

Which is why I called it a construct. Not a people.

Um. NGD is Non Gaming Discussion. That can be Religion, Politics, Social Chit Chat, Movies, Naval Lint, or pointless arguing. Oh wait, that last one was covered.

I used to get more involved with the political threads, but it often is just the same positions with a new layer of cheap paint on it. That gets old real fast.

I'm here for the gaming threads and some social chit chat.

Indeed! After observing the political banter for over a year (Yes, I have been in observe mode) I also support this position. Each political thread I read has the same names padding their posting numbers and patting each other on the back for sticking with their same opinion time and again. Perhaps I missed a thread where someone actually changed their mind. Maybe a thread actually went by without resorting to name calling.

I'm not saying that the political threads should not be there for those pointless arguments, but the reason that the NGD exists - hardly. It exists for gamers to come out of the woodwork and annouce - "Hey I just changed my screen name and now I am a 15 year old cheerleader!" or "Hey, that person that you thought you knew for 6 years, well, they don't really exist. Did you at least like the pictures?"

Oh...and for talk of body parts and waxing rhapsodic about the various uses of Cottonelle, because it IS cottony soft!

But ya' know' date=' we have pleasant people on the board who don't lie about their life. I prefer them.[/quote']

Yep. I prefer them as well.

It's a bummer that they turned out to be constructs is all. Real people are better.

I notice that some people tend to throw everything into two catagories around here. That and of course the standard lack of reading comprehension or lack of being able to make a point. (I like to think I'm more in the second catagory. )

this post brought to you by LACK OF COFFEE

Perhaps I missed a thread where someone actually changed their mind. Maybe a thread actually went by without resorting to name calling.

Those are rare, but you can sometimes see that. I know I've changed my view on a couple areas. Sometimes not due to an argument they've made, but more with information granted. Have I changed my view completely on anything, probably not. More of a "Hmm, maybe that viewpoint is a bit extreme, what's a better way to sneak it by..."

I enjoy a philosophical or political discussion on relatively frequent occassion, although as lemming said the thing is that around here there is a sense of same old-same old, and I have felt lately like all I do is repeat myself, so I've tried to hold back. But I do think there is a sound and valid place here for political arguments, and my feeling is that this does help hold them back in other HERO forums.

I stumbled upon this great superhero website:

Chronicles of Champions

Then I realized it had not been updated in a couple of months so I looked elsewhere for gaming opportunities. :snicker:

Oh, how I miss the days when certain people were too busy to be buttheads...

Don't you have a mother to go visit or something?

Oh, how I miss the days when certain people were too busy to be buttheads...

Don't you have a mother to go visit or something?

Gee...and only 5 posts ago you were glad I was back. You should really see a doctor about that manic nature of yours. I am no longer going to send you those "Kiss Me Here" boxer shorts for Valentine's Day. You are off my list.

Guest Skaramine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skaramine

Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy was so gob-smacking hot...

Dude, admit it. You are like some sort of fame groupie, right? I mean, Jackie?

I was at the Field Museum exhibit showing her in the '60's, and trust me. There were some photos that were just... wow.

Guest Skaramine

Well' date=' she's no Grace Kelly, but she's not bad...[/quote']

Eh... for me, the supreme goddess of beauty before I was born was Audrey Hepburn, followed by Elizabeth Taylor before she became a pachyderm.

Guest Skaramine

Mareen O'Hara imo made Elizabeth Taylor look insipid and boring.

;)

Hm, a Challenge...

Hot redhead with a classic Winchester rifle?

MAUREEN%20O

or sultry brunette wielding the power of the Queen of the Nile?

<ahttp://www.americanphoto.co.jp/pages/eiga/KU/Previews/Plans-32354.jpg>

>sigh<

Tough tough call...