Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Prayers for you... we had to evacuate for Hurricane Opal (and that was the year they went through the alphabet TWICE!) KNow how scary Mother Nature is when she's unleashed...
Thanks. But can you hex Mother Nature instead? :winkgrin:

I went through Monther Nature at her furiousness. I was only three months old too. If you would like to read my story, PM me and I've give you the name of the book. :)

Good luck. Hope the storm does little to remember it by.
Good luck and be well. I remember what it was like dodging hurricane Andrew back when I was in Florida. Not an experience I'd relish repeating.

John T

Hope things are okay' date=' good luck. Glad to hear it went to 3.[/quote']Thanks all. I'm really glad that so far she is still heading west, the cyclone warning has been dropped. As Zorn said, I'm glad she went on a "diet".

I know' date=' I know, trafficing in dark arts and all that... How else am I suppose to seduce the innocent? :whistle:[/quote'] Words work well.

As in "Come to me, my darling, fullfil my every whim..." *sexual growl*

I'd like to be able to go back and read all the Avengers comics I read when I was a wee lad. :thumbup: Unfortunately' date=' the only way to do that would be to buy them all at collector's prices. :thumbdown[/quote']

Essential Avengers might be a good value. Either that or buy it from someone who'll be dumping their 30 boxes of comics in the next few months.

I have to attend a mediation tomorrow which I am not looking forward to. My boss and I were both accused of not looking after a temp member of staff properly by said member of staff. Having read what he wrote I wanted to kill him. In one ear out the other.

Sorry to hear that DT. Been there and I feel your pain.

I know' date=' I know, trafficing in dark arts and all that... How else am I suppose to seduce the innocent? :whistle:[/quote']

Bah! White, black, it's all you imposing your will upon the world. And once you take the butterfly effect into account, how can the tint of your spell be properly measured? By intent? Your intent is almost always secondary, or even tertiary, to your motivations, and most of the time yo uthink you are doing right - even Hitler thought he was doing right. By results? The results could be good or bad depending on where one is standing. My dinner tonight was wonderful, unless you ask the cow. Good and bad, white and black - human inventions. The Gods care nothing for good or bad, just or unjust, as far as I've been able to see. Black magic twists you up inside because hatred burns you like cancer. That's just you punishing yourself for your transgressions against yourself, nothing from the universe around and within of you. That suffering is all illusion that you make into reality.

Either way, the price is very high. Either way, you show your light to the universe, and other things will be drawn like moths to a porch light. Be careful out there.

Guest Skaramine

Is it really a good thing for someone that identifies as an owl(which have been known to eats cats' date=' btw) to own a cat?[/quote']

While Owl has thought aloud about eating pussy, I think we're talking vastly different menues.

While Owl has thought aloud about eating pussy' date=' I think we're talking vastly different menues.[/quote']

The Owl looked up to the stars above,

And sang to a small guitar,

"O lovely Pussy, O Pussy, my love,

What a beautiful Pussy you are,

You are,

You are!

What a beautiful Pussy you are!"

Bah! White, black, it's all you imposing your will upon the world. And once you take the butterfly effect into account, how can the tint of your spell be properly measured? By intent? Your intent is almost always secondary, or even tertiary, to your motivations, and most of the time yo uthink you are doing right - even Hitler thought he was doing right. By results? The results could be good or bad depending on where one is standing. My dinner tonight was wonderful, unless you ask the cow. Good and bad, white and black - human inventions. The Gods care nothing for good or bad, just or unjust, as far as I've been able to see. Black magic twists you up inside because hatred burns you like cancer. That's just you punishing yourself for your transgressions against yourself, nothing from the universe around and within of you. That suffering is all illusion that you make into reality.

Either way, the price is very high. Either way, you show your light to the universe, and other things will be drawn like moths to a porch light. Be careful out there.

But I like playing with magic. It's like playing with fire, only with demons. :yes:

Guest Skaramine

But I like playing with magic. It's like playing with fire' date=' only with demons. :yes:[/quote']

Nevermind that you can intimidate them...

But I like playing with magic. It's like playing with fire' date=' only with demons. :yes:[/quote']

I never said don't do it, just be careful. Faust's foolishness was not in having the conversation with Mephistopheles in the first place, it was in believing what was said to him, or that the price was worth paying. It's hard to keep track of who is doing the bidding of whom - like a man and his penis. Remaining master of one's domain is more important when someone wants to swallow your soul.

Faust's foolishness was not in having the conversation with Mephistopheles in the first place' date=' it was in believing what was said to him, or that the price was worth paying. It's hard to keep track of who is doing the bidding of whom - like a man and his penis. Remaining master of one's domain is more important when someone wants to swallow your soul.[/quote']

How's that for an analogy?

JG

You know' date=' every time I hear some Euro pontificating about American [i']simplisme[/i], I shake my head. Their mindset is that we are child-like (when we’re not being brutal murderers or whatever), and require “adult†supervision in order that we do not do something that everyone will later regret.

The emphasis on the short-term rather than the long-term is a mark of childishness, yes.

But who has been more child-like, in living memory?

I remember the famous “peace in our time†speech of Nevil Chamberlain after caving in to Hitler in 1938. Never mind that the “peace†barely lasted a year. It’s bullshit, because Chamberlain, and all those in Europe who breathed a sigh of relief after Munich, missed the essential point of diplomacy: appeasement of tyrants is only a short-term solution.

Well, we all know how that turned out; but what about nowadays?

Hell Yes.

The difference is that we have a history of appeasement to learn from, which makes the EU actions that much more frustrating.

JG

Here is a 'bedtime' stry for Alice: "The Owl and the Pusycat" :eg:

runcible, adjective. A nonsense word used by Edward Lear in runcible cat, hat, etc., and esp. in runcible spoon, in later use applied to a kind of fork used for pickles, etc., curved like a spoon and having three broad prongs of which one has a sharp edge.

E. Lear 1871 Owl & Pussy-Cat in Nonsense Songs

They dined on mince, and slices of quince, Which they ate with a runcible spoon.

So that's what a spork came from?

Guest Skaramine

I love that poem. ^ v ^

As for cats being safe with me, shouldn't you be a lot more worried about the squirrel?

:D

One would assume he enjoys being eaten.

:D

Guest Skaramine

Hell Yes.

The difference is that we have a history of appeasement to learn from, which makes the EU actions that much more frustrating.

JG

As attribution, that was written by Kim du-Toit in one of his rants yesterday.

Good man, good page, skin pics on weekends, and random gun pics every other day.

Guest Skaramine

So what kind of character are you planning on playing?

*is starting to enjoy being a hound on this* :D

I already posted. Ranger with some forest magic.