WWYCD #117: My friend VIPER.

ParitySoul

You've been having a hard time with a new villian from another planet/universe. Lots of resources, henchmen, etc. It looks like your in for an almost unwinnable fight. Then suddenly the weirdest thing happens: In the middle of a very grewling fight a horde of VIPER Agents show up and open up on the villians buying you time to destory their portal device and ending the fight. The VIPER agents slip away no thanks, no explinations.

A few days later the same story happens. And every time VIPER doesn't stick around for thanks and get agressive if you try to detain them. The only clue you have is hearing one agent mummble something about the "Legend"... The media is starting to notice your sudden help from VIPER and both UNTIL and PRIMUS are nosing around your affairs.

What would your character do?

Re: WWYCD #117: My friend VIPER.

Style - Telepathic scan time.

AnimeGai - Viper is a criminal organization. Membership is a crime. Prioritize targets for subdual according to threat level. AG would attempt to subdue and capture the agents unless instructed to ignore them or work with them by his team mates.

Flesh Gordon "Viper is helping me! They must have reformed, and turned their backs on Evil! Now they are Good, and have become a righteously hissing and spitting emerald army of serpentine Justice!"

"Hello, Viper Mamma; my name is Flesh."

Starguard -- "... umm, help?"

Dr. Pain -- "... look, Mr. Avenger, I honestly have *no* idea, OK? Sure, I'll cooperate in a sting operation..."

Baron von Darien (at 3am, holding a member of the Council of Thirty upside down outside his bedroom window by his ankles, 40 stories above the ground) -- "Either you can tell me precisely what the hell is going on, or I can go see if any one of your twenty-nine friends are capable of learning from example. Are we clear?"

Kenneth will arrange for a little scene with the "supervillain role" being played by imposter droids who will take a dive as soon as VIPER shows up. Sidekick will impersonate one of the VIPER agents and Husky will follow them back to base. Husky will need to make many EGO rolls to resist rushing in to help Sidekick. Once Sidekick has an idea of whats going on he'll either call in Husky for retreival or request Husky have Kenneth consider the situation (whatever it may be).

Anthem would not feel the need to justify herself. It is however strange that one of her hunteds would not bother to haul her in. Until these specific agents commit a crime they're assumed innocent. Her hands are tied until they do something stupid, which they inevitably will. As for a legend, she'd hit the streets and try to find out what the word is, and even run it by Uncle Slam.

Uncle Slam himself would use all his info network and have PRIMUS try to pull down some info. If that fails, detaining know Viper associates for questioning is not all that unusual. He'd also look for patterns: Are they ony helping him? Are they only helping heroes in this city? Are they still commiting crimes in other parts of the world?

He would think "an enemy of my enemy is my friend". He would probably assume that VIPER considers this new force a greater threat to them than my group. He would be hopeful of working a temporary truce. But he isnt stupid enough to blindly trust as past experiences in life have made that all too plain. He would probably do something similar that Chuckg's Baron von Darien did and find 1 of the 30 and ummm... "coerce" some info out of him.

Cannis certainly isn’t going to object to help from a villain group, though after the second save she’s going to start getting suspicious. Help from packmates and even heroes is normal. After all packmates watch each others backs and heroes seem to think they need to guard everyone. But, another group of villains isn’t going to be helping her without wanting something in exchange and them not telling her what it is that they are expecting will quickly begin to frustrate her. Once she hears the reference to Legend, she’s going to do as much research as possible, making use of her streetwise and maybe even breaking into a viper base to look for information.

(There isn’t a Viper in Sailor Io’s world, so I will just assume that they are members of one of the various groups of supernaturals the Senshi deal with.)

Initially Io and the rest of the Senshi just assume that the rescue was due to an internal conflict among the Mah-ki or some type of battle between the two groups. But as the rescues continue against a diverse range of foes, Io starts getting a bit curious, especially after she hears the mumble about “Legend.†Admittedly there are already plenty of legends and tales about the Senshi out there, but Io will want to find out what this one states. She will try gathering information from various allies and if that doesn’t work, she will eventually freeze one of the rescuers and keep him there until he tells the Senshi what is going on.