Crusader/Crusade and DC

Sketchpad

Re: Crusader/Crusade and DC

I goofed on something recently. I updated and then ran the Crusade/Crusader storyline in my world, and then only after killing off Crusader did I come up with some really cool ideas on what to do with him. I got so into running the plot, I forgot I was killing off a good NPC. :(

I mostly grafted Champions Crusader's physical stats onto Dark Champions Crusader's character sheet - made him quite an effective street-level super. I also jazzed up the shield a tad with Captain America-type gimmicks: a small HA and physical EB from throwing.

BTW the "New Millennium" setting gave a very different and intriguing background to its character named Crusader... he was literally a Crusader, from the Crusades of the Middle Ages.

I mostly grafted Champions Crusader's physical stats onto Dark Champions Crusader's character sheet - made him quite an effective street-level super. I also jazzed up the shield a tad with Captain America-type gimmicks: a small HA and physical EB from throwing.

BTW the "New Millennium" setting gave a very different and intriguing background to its character named Crusader... he was literally a Crusader, from the Crusades of the Middle Ages.

I remember thinking the concept was interesting if a little predictable, but that the picture was very cool.

I think there's a guy called Crusader listed in the heading for NYC in the Champs Universe book. He's supposed to be a sword-wielding vigilante in New York, so it sounds like he's a cross between both the older characters.

Maybe he's a crime-fighting Knight of Columbus. (Hey, they wore armor and used swords -- got a picture in a book on local history and everything!)

I goofed on something recently. I updated and then ran the Crusade/Crusader storyline in my world' date=' and then only after killing off Crusader did I come up with some really cool ideas on what to do with him. I got so into running the plot, I forgot I was killing off a good NPC. :([/quote']

Thats not a problem...after he's dead someone can take up the fight in his (literal) name...heck it can even be a clone created by telios for some nefarious purpose (or he escaped and is not nefarious...:))