Happy Halloween Herophiles! (2008)

Sketchpad

Hola Gang,

I've been working on my campaign and thought, after making a character in both Hero and M&M (I use both in the same world), I'd share the character for anyone who'd like to use him, esepcially since he's Horror/Halloween themed ...

The Harvester

Player:

40.......STR....30

14.......DEX....12

25.......CON....30

15.......BODY...10

11.......INT.....01

12.......EGO.....04

25/45...PRE.....15

8.........COM.....-1

10/18...PD.......02

8/16.....ED.......03

5.........SPD......26

15.......REC.......04

60.......END.......05

45.......STUN.....-3

RUN.....2"

SWIM...8"

LEAP....0

Characteristics Cost:138

50.....Even Death Can't Stop Him: Healing (Simplified) 5d6, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection; Self Only (-1/2)[7]

31.....He Can Smell Your Fear: Detect Living Beings 12- (Unusual Group), Range, Targeting, Tracking

39.....He's Not Human!: LS (Eating Character does not eat; Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity Immortal; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Sleeping Character does not sleep)[0]

50.....Inhuman Adrenaline Surge: Aid Strength 5d6 [0]

18.....Pure Rage: Mental Defense (20 points total) [0]

10.....That Boy Ain't Right!: +20 PRE; Only for PRE Attacks (-1)

60.....Unstoppable: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% plus Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% [0]

24.....Why Aren't My Bullets Hurting Him?!: Armor (8 PD/8 ED)[0] 26.....Indestructable Sickle: HKA 2d6+1 (4d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2); OAF: Sickle, Unbreakable (-1) [5]

33.....Soulreaver Scythe: HKA 2d6+1 (4 1/2d6 w/STR) ; OAF: Scythe Unbreakable (-1) plus Drain EGO 2d6; OAF: Scythe Unbreakable (-1), Linked (HKA; -1/2) plus Drain PRE 2d6; OAF: Scythe Unbreakable (-1), Linked (HKA; -1/2) [7]

Powers Cost: 341

25.....+5 with HTH Combat

09.....+3 with Sickle or Scythe

07.....Fast Draw 14-

07.....Shadowing 13-

07.....Stealth 14-

09.....Survival (Mountain, Temperate/Subtropical Forests) 14-

09.....Tracking 14-

02.....WF: Common Melee Weapons

Skills Cost: 75

Total Character Cost: 554

Disadvantages

20.....Distinctive Features: Dead Guy Walking (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

25.....Enraged: In Combat (Common), go 11-, recover 8-*

15.....Hunted: Hero Group 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20.....Hunted: Primus 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15.....Physical Limitation: Mute (All the Time, Slightly Impairing)

15.....Psychological Limitation: Sociopathic (Common, Strong)

15.....Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Common, Strong)

10.....Reputation: Urban Myth, 11-

20.....Reputation: Campfire Boogeyman, 14- (Extreme)

199...Super-Psychopathic Bonus

Disadvantage Points: 354

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Background: You hear a lot of things around the campfire. Remember the one about the hitchhiking ghost? Or how about the guy with a hook for a hand? Hey ... remember the one about The Harvester? No? Well, pull up a log and listen carefully...

Rumor has it that back in the 1800s in upstate New York, there was a settlement of farmers that had some problems with practitioners of the black arts. Witches? I dunno about that ... all I know is that these people had killed livestock in some kind of rituals ... something that made the farmers quite upset.

Having had their fill, the farmers decided to take care of the problem and hunted almost all of the dark worshippers, killing them on the spot. But, what the farmers didn't know is that these cultists had made a pact involving a young boy who also happened to be their only surviving member. As the farmers returned to their lives, the boy grew in age, living off the land until he had grown into adulthood and was presented with a magical scythe and sickle. By who? I dunno ... they never say. I’d guess it was the dark spirit that the pact was made with.

Anyway, the tale goes on to tell how the boy, now called The Harvester, killed all the farmers and their families, sending their spirits to his master who, in turn, grants The Harvester eternal life. That way he can continue his killing spree and supplying souls for his master. They say he still wanders the woods around here ... waiting for people to wander ...huh?

Hey, what's that noise? Where are you guys going? Guys? Oh crud! Run! Ruuuun! Ruu >splutch<

Alternate Identity: Unknown

Identity: Unknown

Group Affiliation: None

Base of Operations: Upstate NY, Mobile

First Appearance: House of Haunts #18 (1981)

Sex: Male

Height: 6' 5"

Weight: 332 lbs.

Eyes: Black

Hair: Grey-Brown

Description: A tall and muscular man, the Harvester dresses in a tattered cloak of sewn leather patches (or is that skin?) and a tattered tunic with pants. In recent years, he's been seen wearing some knee padding and laced up, military-styled boots, as well as a leather belt with a sewn seam and short workers gloves. Though a hood covers his head, the tarnished silver mask that covers his face is distinctively plain with only his pitch colored eyes being apparent from behind it. In each hand he carries a weapon: a tarnished silver sickle and a scythe made of wood and tarnished silver.

Personality: The Harvester is only interested in killing anything living ... whether it is the deer in the woods or the people on the streets of a nearby town. He doesn't seem to care for anything or anyone except for those that he seems to home in on for his killing needs. Once wronged by someone (whether they avoid his blade or save someone from being killed), The Harvester doesn't stop until the meddler gets his vengeance on him or her.

Powers and Abilities: An unstoppable killing machine, The Harvester can be hurt, but is hard to keep down due to his incredible healing rate. Though many have tried in the past, the brutal killer has survived drowning, fire and even dismemberment. Armed with an unbreakable sickle and magical scythe, The Harvester stalks his prey with an uncanny sense ... almost as if he can tell where they’re going to be.

in combat, he doesn't seem to use any tactics ... rather he swings his weapons at his targets and attempts to batter them down. He shows no fear of his opponent, no matter how powerful they may be, and has been able to avoid capture on many occasions.

Re: Happy Halloween Herophiles!

Nice, but you forgot my favorite spooky power.

Running +10" (16" total), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2)

He never looks like he's moving fast, but he is always either right behind you or ahead of you.

:eg:

KA.

Running +10" (16" total), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2)

He never looks like he's moving fast, but he is always either right behind you or ahead of you.

KA.

I dunno ... I think I'd see it closer to 9" Teleport (RSR: KS - Camp Area) plus Detect: Camper ;)

Thanks for the comments gang ... it's too bad I couldn't get the PDF sheet to work on my site :(

KA.

That's a really good one. How about the old 'disappearing teleport' from DC, with the added Limitation "Only when he appears to be defeated/killed".

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great character. Thanks for posting him.

Thanks Acroyear :)

As an added bonus, here are some plot hooks:

7th Son of a 7th Son: One of the players is a decendent of someone who wiped out the magicians. Now, in the present day, the Harvester has found this information and zeroed in on the character. How can his team mates stop an unstoppable killing machine?

Grudge Match: As a child, one of the character's NPCs was involved in an attack by The Harvester. Now an adult, the killer has come back to finish them off while with the hero's secret ID.

His Soul is MINE!: A magic wielding villain has bonded the little will that the Havester has to his control. Recently, the killer's been commiting odd crimes (bank robberies, museum raids, etc). How will the heroes counter the killer in time to find out who's really behind the thefts?

• 3 years later...

Hola Gang,

I've been working on my campaign and thought, after making a character in both Hero and M&M (I use both in the same world), I'd share the character for anyone who'd like to use him, esepcially since he's Horror/Halloween themed ...

The Harvester

Player:

40.......STR....30

14.......DEX....12

25.......CON....30

15.......BODY...10

11.......INT.....01

12.......EGO.....04

25/45...PRE.....15

8.........COM.....-1

10/18...PD.......02

8/16.....ED.......03

5.........SPD......26

15.......REC.......04

60.......END.......05

45.......STUN.....-3

RUN.....2"

SWIM...8"

LEAP....0

Characteristics Cost:138

50.....Even Death Can't Stop Him: Healing (Simplified) 5d6, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection; Self Only (-1/2)[7]

31.....He Can Smell Your Fear: Detect Living Beings 12- (Unusual Group), Range, Targeting, Tracking

39.....He's Not Human!: LS (Eating Character does not eat; Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity Immortal; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Sleeping Character does not sleep)[0]

50.....Inhuman Adrenaline Surge: Aid Strength 5d6 [0]

18.....Pure Rage: Mental Defense (20 points total) [0]

10.....That Boy Ain't Right!: +20 PRE; Only for PRE Attacks (-1)

60.....Unstoppable: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% plus Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% [0]

24.....Why Aren't My Bullets Hurting Him?!: Armor (8 PD/8 ED)[0] 26.....Indestructable Sickle: HKA 2d6+1 (4d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2); OAF: Sickle, Unbreakable (-1) [5]

33.....Soulreaver Scythe: HKA 2d6+1 (4 1/2d6 w/STR) ; OAF: Scythe Unbreakable (-1) plus Drain EGO 2d6; OAF: Scythe Unbreakable (-1), Linked (HKA; -1/2) plus Drain PRE 2d6; OAF: Scythe Unbreakable (-1), Linked (HKA; -1/2) [7]

Powers Cost: 341

25.....+5 with HTH Combat

09.....+3 with Sickle or Scythe

07.....Fast Draw 14-

07.....Shadowing 13-

07.....Stealth 14-

09.....Survival (Mountain, Temperate/Subtropical Forests) 14-

09.....Tracking 14-

02.....WF: Common Melee Weapons

Skills Cost: 75

Total Character Cost: 554

Disadvantages

20.....Distinctive Features: Dead Guy Walking (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

25.....Enraged: In Combat (Common), go 11-, recover 8-*

15.....Hunted: Hero Group 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20.....Hunted: Primus 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15.....Physical Limitation: Mute (All the Time, Slightly Impairing)

15.....Psychological Limitation: Sociopathic (Common, Strong)

15.....Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Common, Strong)

10.....Reputation: Urban Myth, 11-

20.....Reputation: Campfire Boogeyman, 14- (Extreme)

199...Super-Psychopathic Bonus

Disadvantage Points: 354

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Background: You hear a lot of things around the campfire. Remember the one about the hitchhiking ghost? Or how about the guy with a hook for a hand? Hey ... remember the one about The Harvester? No? Well, pull up a log and listen carefully...

Rumor has it that back in the 1800s in upstate New York, there was a settlement of farmers that had some problems with practitioners of the black arts. Witches? I dunno about that ... all I know is that these people had killed livestock in some kind of rituals ... something that made the farmers quite upset.

Having had their fill, the farmers decided to take care of the problem and hunted almost all of the dark worshippers, killing them on the spot. But, what the farmers didn't know is that these cultists had made a pact involving a young boy who also happened to be their only surviving member. As the farmers returned to their lives, the boy grew in age, living off the land until he had grown into adulthood and was presented with a magical scythe and sickle. By who? I dunno ... they never say. I’d guess it was the dark spirit that the pact was made with.

Anyway, the tale goes on to tell how the boy, now called The Harvester, killed all the farmers and their families, sending their spirits to his master who, in turn, grants The Harvester eternal life. That way he can continue his killing spree and supplying souls for his master. They say he still wanders the woods around here ... waiting for people to wander ...huh?

Hey, what's that noise? Where are you guys going? Guys? Oh crud! Run! Ruuuun! Ruu >splutch<

Alternate Identity: Unknown

Identity: Unknown

Group Affiliation: None

Base of Operations: Upstate NY, Mobile

First Appearance: House of Haunts #18 (1981)

Sex: Male

Height: 6' 5"

Weight: 332 lbs.

Eyes: Black

Hair: Grey-Brown

Description: A tall and muscular man, the Harvester dresses in a tattered cloak of sewn leather patches (or is that skin?) and a tattered tunic with pants. In recent years, he's been seen wearing some knee padding and laced up, military-styled boots, as well as a leather belt with a sewn seam and short workers gloves. Though a hood covers his head, the tarnished silver mask that covers his face is distinctively plain with only his pitch colored eyes being apparent from behind it. In each hand he carries a weapon: a tarnished silver sickle and a scythe made of wood and tarnished silver.

Personality: The Harvester is only interested in killing anything living ... whether it is the deer in the woods or the people on the streets of a nearby town. He doesn't seem to care for anything or anyone except for those that he seems to home in on for his killing needs. Once wronged by someone (whether they avoid his blade or save someone from being killed), The Harvester doesn't stop until the meddler gets his vengeance on him or her.

Powers and Abilities: An unstoppable killing machine, The Harvester can be hurt, but is hard to keep down due to his incredible healing rate. Though many have tried in the past, the brutal killer has survived drowning, fire and even dismemberment. Armed with an unbreakable sickle and magical scythe, The Harvester stalks his prey with an uncanny sense ... almost as if he can tell where they’re going to be.

in combat, he doesn't seem to use any tactics ... rather he swings his weapons at his targets and attempts to batter them down. He shows no fear of his opponent, no matter how powerful they may be, and has been able to avoid capture on many occasions.

sounds like jason became the harbinger of justice

• 2 months later...

Here's a new Halloween goody for use in a Champions game:

Alpha Male

AlphaMale-C-1.gif

Once a powerful hero in his own right, Alpha Male has since became a twisted perversion of the world "Hero". Mutated into a monster by some unknown force, he now roves the world as a force of destruction, with no path to his violence.

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 227 lbs.

Hair: Silver

Eyes: Blue (one white)

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
75    STR     65   75      24-       HTH Damage 15d6  END [7]
13    DEX     9   13      12-       OCV 4 DCV 4
40    CON     60   40      17-
25    BODY    30   25      14-
13    INT     3   13      12-       PER Roll 12-
15    EGO     10   15      12-       ECV: 5
30    PRE     20   30      15-       PRE Attack: 6d6
15    COM     3   15      12-
15    PD      0   15/30             15/30 PD (15/30 rPD)
15    ED      7   15/30             15/30 ED (15/30 rED)
5    SPD     27   5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
23    REC     0   23
100    END     10   100
80    STUN    -3   80
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
15    LEAP     0   15"                15" forward, 7 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 241[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
80     [b][i]Damn He's Fast![/i][/b]: Flight 30", x32 Noncombat - END=8
30     [b][i]Tentacles[/i][/b]: Extra Limbs  (3) [b]plus[/b] Stretching 5" - END=2
45     [b][i]Uncanny Hide[/i][/b]: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) - END=0
15     [b][i]Shrugs Off Damage[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED) - END=0
25     [b][i]He Can Sense Something ..[/i][/b]: Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense, Intuitional) 15- - END=
10     [b][i]Unrenlentless Searching[/i][/b]: N-Ray Perception (Sight Group) - END=0
5     [b][i]How Can He See in the Dark?![/i][/b]: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 210[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
11      Acrobatics 16-
11      Breakfall 16-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 22[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
3      Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

[b]TALENTS Cost: 3[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     Distinctive Features:  Lovecraftian Mutations (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
35     Enraged:  In Combat (Very Common), go 14-, recover 8-
25     Hunted:  Mystic Group 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
25     Hunted:  Villainous Mystics 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Psychopathic (Common, Total)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Relentless Killer (Common, Total)
5     Unluck: 1d6
126     Twisted Monster Bonus

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 276[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 476

• 2 months later...