Official Champs Uni = Marvel Uni?

phydaux

Re: Official Champs Uni = Marvel Uni?

Doom can kill 350 point equivalents easy, too.

The reason he does not regularly kill most of his opponents is that *he does not regularly fight 350 point heroes.*

When I said Destroyer can mortally wound most characters with 1 or 2 hits, I meant most characters -- not just the 350 pt characters.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't know where people are getting that from. I mean, Destroyer is however a GM runs him, and his write-up doesn't suggest he is signifigantly more evil than Doom. Doom is a vicious and ruthless tyrant who kills without compunction, brutalizes his people, abuses children (anyone remember Kristoff, Doom's cloned son, and the sheer hell Doom put him through?), etc. In Destroyer's write-up it mentions that he enjoys playing mind-games with his foes, as does Doom.

What is it that makes Destroyer so much worse than Doom, other than the lack of Comics Code Authority (which, btw, is the only reason Doom doesn't have a highly visible death count)?

And while V'Han may be less evil than Destroyer, I don't see what that has to do with the Destroyer/Doom comparison, unless you wish to argue than Doom is less evil than V'han, which he is not.

Maybe people's opinions of Destroyer are tainted by his Red Skull-like origin.

Doom has actually demonstrated noblese oblige, a code of honor, and other redeeming qualities. While he rules Latveria with an iron fist, he also actually seems to care for the general well-being of his subjects as well.

Doom actually cares about being a man of his word, rather than merely maintaining the pretense of doing so the way Destroyer does.

Morally, Doom seems to have more in common with V'han than Doctor Destroyer.

I think Dr. Destroyer is more evil than Dr. Doom. They have different agendas and personalities. Dr. Destroyer shows little regard for human life; in fact most of his schemes seem to involve mass-casualties. He killed 60,000 people in Detroit just so he could go into hiding. I don't envision Dr. Doom doing the same thing. That doesn't mean that Dr. Doom isn't cruel and iron-fisted, but he isn't as cold-blooded as Dr. Destroyer.

I think Dr. Destroyer is more evil than Dr. Doom. They have different agendas and personalities. Dr. Destroyer shows little regard for human life; in fact most of his schemes seem to involve mass-casualties. He killed 60' date='000 people in Detroit just so he could go into hiding. I don't envision Dr. Doom doing the same thing. That doesn't mean that Dr. Doom isn't cruel and iron-fisted, but he isn't as cold-blooded as Dr. Destroyer.[/quote']

I think the two doctors in question are fairly even. Both can fight groups of heroes single-handedly and win. Doom has beaten the FF several times over the years, they just refuse to stay that way. Destroy has beaten groups as well. Just read over the CU timeline to see which ones.

Both the doctors like to sit back and watch plans slowly reveal itself as well. I will admit the Dr Destroy seems to enjoy getting his hands dirty more than Dr. Doom. Overal I think both work well as world threating vilians

I think the two doctors in question are fairly even. Both can fight groups of heroes single-handedly and win. Doom has beaten the FF several times over the years, they just refuse to stay that way. Destroy has beaten groups as well. Just read over the CU timeline to see which ones.

Both the doctors like to sit back and watch plans slowly reveal itself as well. I will admit the Dr Destroy seems to enjoy getting his hands dirty more than Dr. Doom. Overal I think both work well as world threating vilians

I agree that they are both good world-threatening villains. There's just something more ruthless about Dr. Destroyer in my mind. Dr. Destroyer really is more like the Red Skull with the cosmic cube than Dr. Doom. I think the only major similarities between them now are that they both wear armor and are both world threats.