Sprawl Map?

Kodiak

Hey all, wasn't sure what board to post this on but it's closer to Star Hero than anything else out there. I'm running a campaign set in the mid 21st century with a very Cyberpunk genre feel to it. I'm looking for an authentic seeming map for a Megasprawl setting but I can't seem to find anything. I own the old CyberHero suppliment and I've looked at Bay City from Champs New Millenium but neither seems to have the right feel to it. They are both just modern day San Fransisco with a very thin veneer of Cyber laid over it.

Anyone know of anything out there I may have missed? Specifics please not just "Judge Dred/Shadowrun/GURPS probably has something" because I've gone through about 50 suppliments at my friendly local game store and they don't in anything I've looked at.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Two titles - though both are out of print - spring to mind:

ICE's Cyberspace RPG. Set in 2090 San Francisco. Has a very dark, high-tech feel to it. Includes detailed descriptions of contemporary technologies, weapons, lifestyles, city locations, and a variety of megacorps and sprawlgangs. A black and white map of a particular chunk of the city is included.

R. Talsorian's Night City supplement for the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG. This product details an entire fictional cyberpunk city - Night City - located on the West Coast of the USA. Comes complete with maps and street by street locations of the city's inhabitants, major players, and assorted lowlights.

Well, I'm not sure if you'll be able to find it (out of print for a while) but I think the closest thing to what you're looking for is Sprawl Sites (Shadowrun 7103) by Boy Peterson and John Faughnan. It's a compilation of city locations, rather than a map of a whole sprawl, but it's the closest thing I've ever found that isn't really campaign-specific (e.g. Shadowrun Seattle Sourcebook). It has a whole slew of things like banks, different sized stores, sample apartments, hotel rooms, and on. It's not as chock-full as I would have liked, since about half is encounters and NPCs, but it's useful.

Hope that helps.

Hmmm, actually, having reviewed the BBC Who site, I don't think you have the episode right.

I have, in fact, forgotten which episode it was from, but I can still clearly see the scene it occured in (which was really the answer I was looking for anyway). And in checking the episode you suggest, it appears not to be the correct one.

(Sorry to go completely off-topic, but someone answered my .sig!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: Night City

Originally posted by Kodiak

I'm told that it's been out of print for some time? Anyone have any information that runs counter to that?

I believe it might be, but you can still find some in used book stores and on E-bay once in awhile.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Night City sourcebook and it is really useful especially with creating that cyberpunk feel. Lots of sprawl maps and such. i beieve you can download a copy of the downtown map off of one of te Aberrant-cyberpunk sites. You'd have to do a search for it, but if i remember correctly it was a pretty cool pic.