The "The Invisibles Writeups " is really "The Incredibles Writeups"

zornwil

Re: The "The Invisibles Writeups " is really "The Incredibles Writeups"

:doi:

Just FYI, in case anyone was ignoring the Invisibles for lack of interest but is actually interested in the Incredibles. Perhaps Ben will fix it, but if not, this is an FYI post/thread.

Sorry.

Hah! Just a scheme for you to up your post count! :bmk:

Hah! Just a scheme for you to up your post count! :bmk:

I think it's the posting of 25K posts that caused the oops in the first place. I think his brain is slipping gears from too much use. :D

I think it's the posting of 25K posts that caused the oops in the first place. I think his brain is slipping gears from too much use. :D

Hey this is the HERO boards and I spend a lot of time on NGD...

...so maybe too little use! :idjit:

:D

• 1 month later...

Just one last time for the record - the Incredibles I did are over in a thread misnamed as the "Invisibles". This link will take you to general information and below that are the writeups - http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=570277&postcount=125

• 2 months later...

thanks so much for availabilizing the write-ups.

Here's a Q for thought:

Is Mr Incredible the strongest dude in that universe?

(similar to how Supes is usually considered the strongest dude in DC)

Thank you for this thread, and the convenient link.

I'm a wild fan of the Incredibles, but I avoid the Invisibles like poison, so if not for this thread heading I never would have looked at that thread.

umm...i dont mean to criticise your work on the incredibles...but i took a look and some of the things im seeing dont size up at all. For instance, Jack Jack's VPP i agree with...but he has more powers than changing forms and i dont think he accidentally changes....because in the film...he attacked Syndrome because he was taking him from his mother...and i dont think it was greatly stressing him. also on the VPP...if you were able to see the short film that came with the DVD (Jack Jack Attack) he is laughing and using multiple powers at different times...laser vision...flight...and so on...he has multiple powers and doesnt accidentally do them for example...he must have already shot laser vision at the baby sitter...because one of the times you see Jack Jack shoot at her...she deflects it with a mirror. And the last thing i noticed when skimming the sheets...is the Hunted: by Syndrome....are these character sheets pertaining to the middle of the movie...cuz at the end they give the impression that Syndrome dies...ie getting sucked into a jets engine

Anyway...im sorry if i came off as saying your wrong...but i think some things should be changed.

umm...i dont mean to criticise your work on the incredibles...but i took a look and some of the things im seeing dont size up at all. For instance, Jack Jack's VPP i agree with...but he has more powers than changing forms and i dont think he accidentally changes....because in the film...he attacked Syndrome because he was taking him from his mother...and i dont think it was greatly stressing him. also on the VPP...if you were able to see the short film that came with the DVD (Jack Jack Attack) he is laughing and using multiple powers at different times...laser vision...flight...and so on...he has multiple powers and doesnt accidentally do them for example...he must have already shot laser vision at the baby sitter...because one of the times you see Jack Jack shoot at her...she deflects it with a mirror. And the last thing i noticed when skimming the sheets...is the Hunted: by Syndrome....are these character sheets pertaining to the middle of the movie...cuz at the end they give the impression that Syndrome dies...ie getting sucked into a jets engine

Anyway...im sorry if i came off as saying your wrong...but i think some things should be changed.

No worries at all.

I tried to model them at roughly the middle, depending a little.

I would think that being removed from his mother did greatly stress Jack-Jack; I think Jack-Jack's reaction in both cases (though of course when I wrote those the DVD was not out yet so I didn't see Jack-Jack Attacks) is classic mutation manifestation the Marvel way, stressful situations in youth triggering the mutation to appear.

However, as stated, I did this prior to the DVD. Jack-Jack's a bit of a wild card character, anyway, so while I do want to go back and redo him, I'm not sure there's any build for him that's going to be particularly useful, particularly if they develop the character.

I would think that being removed from his mother did greatly stress Jack-Jack; I think Jack-Jack's reaction in both cases (though of course when I wrote those the DVD was not out yet so I didn't see Jack-Jack Attacks) is classic mutation manifestation the Marvel way, stressful situations in youth triggering the mutation to appear.

After seeing "Jack-Jack Attack", I think what triggered the first manifestation of his powers was Mozart! The baby-sitter made some comment to Helen (Elasti-girl) that Mozart was mentally stimulating for babies. Then she proceeded to start playing a record of some Mozart saying "Who ready for some mental stimulation?" Watch Jack-Jack's eyes just as he hear some Mozart for the first time. :D

After seeing "Jack-Jack Attack"' date=' I think what triggered the first manifestation of his powers was Mozart! The baby-sitter made some comment to Helen (Elasti-girl) that Mozart was mentally stimulating for babies. Then she proceeded to start playing a record of some Mozart saying "Who ready for some mental stimulation?" Watch Jack-Jack's eyes just as he hear some Mozart for the first time. :D[/quote']

Oh, yeah, that's right!

Well I stick stubbornly to my point...

:D

Seriously, yes, that's right, it was the irony of her being actually correct that made that great.

And as I said elsewhere, she is one heck of a babysitter! That's like a 17- skill she has!

Apogee

Blazestone

Downburst

Dynaguy

Elastigirl

Everseer

Frozone

Gamma Jack

Gazerbeam

Hypershock

Macroburst