Champions of the North

memorax300

Re: Champions of the North

I've gotten the distinct impression that it's nowhere near a priority for Hero Games at this point - it's not even on the tentative publication schedule. I suspect that the upcoming Champions Worlwide will include something for Canada, although obviously not as detailed as a dedicated sourcebook.

I've also noticed that the new Champions Universe mentions almost none of the characters and organizations from that book (maybe HG doesn't have the rights to them), so if it was updated it would doubtless look quite different.

I think I got through 3/4 of the Sentinels in my pet 5e conversion project...I should really finish that.

Now that I would love to see. I've been looking at adding a hundred or so points to each character to bring them in line with the new starting values, but haven't had the time to make much progress. They really are very interesting characters IMO, and wouldn't be that hard to upgrade (answering the most common complaint about them).

Of course we'd have to check with Hero management to make sure that they would have no legal problem with posting those updates.

I've been hedging with asking for permission to post them for a while' date=' but I keep chickening out. :([/quote']

If it's because of concern about how your request would be received, I wouldn't sweat it. :) Steve Long is very reasonable in responding to reasonable, polite requests, even if he ultimately says "no." If Hero Games has the rights to the characters but doesn't intend to use them, he may very well give the ok as long as you mention that you're posting your versions with the company's permission. That's how we got the go-ahead to do the VOICE update thread awhile back.

Now, if you're worried about how your efforts will be received by your fellow HEROphiles, you should just try to ignore the sound of sharpening knives. :eg:

It is honestly the latter. ;) Even though "The Raven" from the Hermit's Civic Guard thread was well received, I'm always nervous showing off a build I've done.

Steve Long has always been nice on the time or two I've corresponded with him, and he was really nice when I asked about running a contest on here.

We certainly wouldn't object to doing another CotN, or another KoC -- for which reason we're specifically going to leave those areas alone in Champions Worldwide. Unlike, say, Africa, I think they deserve and can support products of their own. We'll just need to find a qualified Canadian writer for CotN.

We certainly wouldn't object to doing another CotN' date=' or another KoC -- for which reason we're specifically going to leave those areas alone in [i']Champions Worldwide.[/i] Unlike, say, Africa, I think they deserve and can support products of their own. We'll just need to find a qualified Canadian writer for CotN.

:D for the prospect of new CotN and KoC!

:( because there'll be nothing on them in Champions Worldwide, and those books could take a long time.

Still, the future prospects are encouraging. Thanks for the info, Mr. L. :thumbup:

BTW I know of at least one qualified Canadian writer you've worked with, and I believe he's expressed some interest in the project. ;)

We certainly wouldn't object to doing another CotN' date=' or another KoC -- for which reason we're specifically going to leave those areas alone in [i']Champions Worldwide.[/i] Unlike, say, Africa, I think they deserve and can support products of their own. We'll just need to find a qualified Canadian writer for CotN.

Thanks for the information Steve. I unfortunately do not know anyone willing to do it and my inexperience with Hero at the moment prevents me from trying it myself.

We certainly wouldn't object to doing another CotN' date=' or another KoC -- for which reason we're specifically going to leave those areas alone in Champions Worldwide. Unlike, say, Africa, I think they deserve and can support products of their own. We'll just need to find a qualified Canadian writer for CotN.[/quote']

Gee Steve ... Mrs. Sketch (a native Saskatchewanian) and I could write it ;)