Various New Characters

Killer Shrike

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Various New Characters

As I said earlier KS' date=' very cool write ups. Thanks for posting them.[/quote']Thanks!

I really like the Write ups and the associated artwork. Makes me wish I paid more attention to the New Warriors comic. I just have one issue where they helped a weakened Thor fight Juggernaut or some such.

Thanx!

That was their actual first appearance IIRC, but they rewound the continuity a bit with New Warriors 1, which showed their chronological first appearance.

Interesting characters.

One question regarding the New Warriors. Why them as a group ?

Granted other people in this forum have been doing Avengers, JLA, etc but the New Warriors are a surprise choice.

The New Warriors were one of my favorite groups when I collected. The first 25 issues were really solid, and the second 25 were pretty good as well. The last 25 not so much.

The team had some interesting characters -- Nova and Speedball were favorites of mine -- and I liked the general premise of the series -- take a bunch of oddball, castoff, and obscure characters and forge a group out of them.

There was also the timing of the series release for me; in Marvel I mostly followed the X-books, and around the time the New Warriors came out the X-Titles were somewhere along the path of the death spiral that sucked them inevitably into overcommercialized dreck (IMO). I was mostly reading Valiant around then, but the New Warriors drew me in w/ Firestar, and I thought the writing was pretty good (Fabian Nicieza) so I stayed.

Plus the team dynamic was very much in the model of a Champions superhero team, which appealed to me as a gamer.

Hey, Killer Strike, I was going through Rage and I noticed his strength had Only when Enraged twice on his +20 STR on his Enraged package.

But, they're nice characters, I wouldn't have the nerve to try and write up Speedball, too much of him is "we really don't understand" and I knew him back when he was just comic relief and having angst about wanting to be normal.

Hey' date=' Killer Strike, I was going through Rage and I noticed his strength had Only when Enraged twice on his +20 STR on his Enraged package. [/quote'] Yah; I moved it into the list and the Custom Mod's dont have the modifier rollover intelligence in HD. Odd Hat caught it already. Thanx for the sharp eyes though!

But, they're nice characters, I wouldn't have the nerve to try and write up Speedball, too much of him is "we really don't understand" and I knew him back when he was just comic relief and having angst about wanting to be normal.

Thanx!