Champs Worldwide: Whaddya want?

Darren Watts

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champs Worldwide: Whaddya want?

(Seeker (year I know he was a loser' date=' but he was an Aussie loser and we tend to like our losers) or had their history rewritten to make the Americans (Deuce of PSI, who was originally from Sydney) for 5E).[/quote']

Hey, not everyone thought bad of Seeker. In fact, before I came to the Hero boards, I'd never heard a bad word about him from the players' and GMs' point of views.

Hey' date=' not everyone thought bad of Seeker. In fact, before I came to the Hero boards, I'd never heard a bad word about him from the players' and GMs' point of views.[/quote']

Neither did I, actually, and I'm kind of annoyed at the main reasons for the bagging, namely that he was seen unconciopus on most of the 4E covers that he appeared on. People tend to forget that on the 4E Champions book, after Defender had had his butt handed to him and Solitare was tending to him, Seeker was taking on Dr Destroyer single handedly (not saying he won, or anything, he probably got his butt handed to him quicker than Defender, but we Australians tend to root for an underdog who, despite overwhelming odds, is willing to continue the fight (just look at the battle that we comemmorate every year (ANZAC Day), its our most famous 'defeat', but one where we were willing to fight on against hopeless odds). The only problem I had with Seeker was that he kept big-noting himself (which as any Australian will tell you is a fast track to unpopularity down-under (we love heroes, but only if they're modest with it)

As for bringing him back, in 5E he's a comic book character and one whose died. Unless a comic book fan decides to 'take up the mantle', he's probably not going to make an appearance in 5E.

Hey' date=' not everyone thought bad of Seeker. In fact, before I came to the Hero boards, I'd never heard a bad word about him from the players' and GMs' point of views.[/quote']

My players called him quick-cut...

So what would be the title of the Doctor Destroyer book?

The thing is Destroyer really isn't you know a destroyer. Sure in the CU he leveled Detroit. I do that with my civic once a week. There is a reason Detroit has had a declining population the last 40 years.

Back to the subject.

Dr. Destroyer is a world conquering megavillian with schemes that are as grandiose as they are multifaceted. Thus he is schemer more than a destroyer.

I would see the cover of a Destroyer book with him standing on the steps of the Capitol building in Washington DC with the heads of government kneeling to him surrounded by hordes of agents and destroids. The backdrop would include the Champions in some sort of uncomfortable situation like being disected by molecular lasers.

For the title.

I go with:

Endless Schemes: From the memoirs of Albert Zerstoiten

Hawksmoor

Can I be on the playtest for Champions Down Under? As a New Zealander' date='it is my patriotic duty to ensure that my native country is properly represented.[/quote']

Unfortunately playtests don't work that way. By the time the manuscript goes to playtesting it's already in layout as well. There's no real time to correct problems other then grammar issues. Playtesting should really be called "free editing" because it really seems to be nothing more than people double-checking character math and looking for misspelled words.

Unfortunately playtests don't work that way. By the time the manuscript goes to playtesting it's already in layout as well. There's no real time to correct problems other then grammar issues. Playtesting should really be called "free editing" because it really seems to be nothing more than people double-checking character math and looking for misspelled words.

I don't really disagree but I would just add, to balance that picture which sounds a bit harsh, is that you basically get a free PDF with the understanding you keep it to yourself and that it doesn't have artwork and isn't exactly what the finished product will be. :)

PS - for a low fee for a year

I don't really disagree but I would just add, to balance that picture which sounds a bit harsh, is that you basically get a free PDF with the understanding you keep it to yourself and that it doesn't have artwork and isn't exactly what the finished product will be. :)

PS - for a low fee for a year

I didn't say it wasn't a good deal. In fact I think it's too good of a deal. :) I was just addressing his idea that he would join so that he can give insights about life down under during the playtest. That wouldn't be a good reason to join as it's too late to do anything then. :)

I didn't say it wasn't a good deal. In fact I think it's too good of a deal. :) I was just addressing his idea that he would join so that he can give insights about life down under during the playtest. That wouldn't be a good reason to join as it's too late to do anything then. :)

I understand, just adding info for newbies.

To participate earlier in playtesting (during the actual writing process), somebody would need to move to either the Bay Area or North Carolina and join one of the creators' private groups. We do usually put up "What Do You Want To See" threads, which are also a good place to offer help to the writers- I've gotten some good translation assistance from Hero fans on Champs Worldwide that way, frex. dw