List of fictional chemicals

Nyrath

Re: List of fictional chemicals

Good find.

We are playing a game at present as teen heroes in a world where the development of super-power science was by the Nazis during WWII (but they still lost).

Our indestructible metal is called Uberite, which I kind of like the sound of. Didn't spot it on the link, so it looks like our GM gets even more bonus points for originality (unless one of you knows better....)

Hey' date=' Edsel, it's Wikipedia! If you notice something missing, well, go in and add it! It's easy, just click "Edit this page" at the top.[/quote']

Hmmm... I didn't really realize that you can do that. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

Hey' date=' Edsel, it's Wikipedia! If you notice something missing, well, go in and add it! It's easy, just click "Edit this page" at the top.[/quote']For that matter, though I'm not inclined to do so myself at this moment, someone could also go in and enter the fictional materials from the Champions Universe.... ;)

There's a few of those now, right? Questonite is the classic ("Quantum, look at this hole! Do you know how much these Questonite plates cost?!?"), although now it's called Questionite. We've also got Neutronium (which isn't really specific to Champions) and Kendrium (a metal invented by Dr. Kendrick). Have any official characters been made that use these compounds?

There's a few of those now' date=' right? Questonite is the classic ("Quantum, look at this hole! Do you know how much these Questonite plates cost?!?"), although now it's called [i']Questionite[/i]. We've also got Neutronium (which isn't really specific to Champions) and Kendrium (a metal invented by Dr. Kendrick). Have any official characters been made that use these compounds?

There is a difference between "Questonite" (pre-5E CU) and "Questionite" (current CU). The former was a superstrong plastic which could be made transparent, while the latter is an "uncanny metal" which besides being super-tough, can be made into supernally sharp blades that can cut almost anything and never loose their edge. IIRC the vigilante Thunderbird from Conquerors, Killers and Crooks uses a Questionite dagger. I'm not sure offhand if any published character uses Kendrium.

The CU also features Destreum (a super-alloy invented by Dr. Destroyer), Kelvarite (a superpower-inducing mineral - Tachyon from the Champions genre book owes his powers to it), and the legendary Atlantean metal Orichalcum, which is both extremely durable and exceptional at retaining magical enchantment.

There is a difference between "Questonite" (pre-5E CU) and "Questionite" (current CU). The former was a superstrong plastic which could be made transparent' date=' while the latter is an "uncanny metal" which besides being super-tough, can be made into supernally sharp blades that can cut almost anything and never loose their edge.[/quote']

See, I figured they were supposed to be the same thing, but under different comic book authors; I treated it much like the changes to character origins when someone new takes the helm of an established comic line.

The CU also features Destreum (a super-alloy invented by Dr. Destroyer), Kelvarite (a superpower-inducing mineral - Tachyon from the Champions genre book owes his powers to it), and the legendary Atlantean metal Orichalcum, which is both extremely durable and exceptional at retaining magical enchantment.

Orichalcum, at least, is already on the list. Frankly, it seems a little crappily put together. Like much of Wikipedia, it awaits some champion of order who cares enough about the topic to check it from time to time and enforce some sort of categorization on it. To do things like eliminating the duplicate entries in different parts of the list, say.

They forgot Japanium (from the classic anime series Mazinger Z).

Hey, tkdguy, it's Wikipedia! If you...

Ah, nevermind... ;)