D6+1???

simplygnome

I am using Fred. Can someone please give me the page number, house rules, or description of how people determine the odd d6 variants.

for example when something does 2 1/2d6 or (more importantly) 2d6+1 (+4, etc).

Thank you

(for more particulars, Im building a drain on 75 AP MAX, but I have +1 in advantages (so divided by 2 total)....thats 37.5 cps. So at 10pts a 1d6, thats 3d6 + 4??? ) Thank you...

Re: D6+1???

I am using Fred. Can someone please give me the page number' date=' house rules, or description of how people determine the odd d6 variants.for example when something does 2 1/2d6 or (more importantly) 2d6+1 (+4, etc).Thank you(for more particulars, Im building a drain on 75 AP MAX, but I have +1 in advantages (so divided by 2 total)....thats 37.5 cps. So at 10pts a 1d6, thats 3d6 + 4??? ) Thank you...[/quote']You have 3-1/2D6 Drain. The 5 points gives you an extra 1/2D6. The extra 2.5 points are wasted. :)See 5ER p. 114 for a table listing the partial die increments.

You have 3-1/2D6 Drain. The 5 points gives you an extra 1/2D6. The extra 2.5 points are wasted. :)See 5ER p. 114 for a table listing the partial die increments.

Thank you..I dont have 5ER at the moment....Cant really buy $40 books that often, but I might try to pick it up (still have a $25 gift card to my local gaming store. Was going to use it to put an order payment on FH and Ultimate Martial Artist...for the rules on how to make MA attacks). Anything in normal 5th about it????

Thats all I really needed to know. Then again' date=' if normal and killing attacks can have pips, why CANT others have them?? Meh, either way I got my answers....Thank you[/quote']You're welcome. They can, though. For a Drain (which is normally 10 points per D6), 3 points gets you a pip."She's a pip!" - Christopher Lloyd as Uncle Fester in "The Addams Family";)

They exist for all attacks. The progression goes as follows:

1 pip

1/2d6

1d6-1

1d6

1d6+1

1 1/2d6

2d6-1

2d6

etc.

The pricing for +1 pip, 1/2d6, 1d6-1 and 1d6 are stated in 5ER.

I thought that 1/2d6 and 1d6-1 were effectively the same, point-wise. Same cost, and the same DC.