Trek Hero PDF available

Eodin

The other night I asked one of my group what he'd like for his birthday. He said, jokingly, a Star Trek sourcebook with hero stats. He doesn't frequent the boards.

I think I'll have your PDFs laserwritten and bound for him.

Thanks Eodin and Aroooo, it is great to see such a grand display of generosity and creativity.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Trek Hero PDF available

I've added an hdt file (HD2) to the Trek Hero page for creating Trek Hero characters. There are some expanded skills (I've added Mediation/Negotiation as a subskill of Persuasion, for example), perks (Starship Military Ranks and Starship Commerce Ranks), talents (converted from Decipher, plus the Vulcan Nerve Pinch).

I've also posted this notice on the Star Hero Fandom board.

On a completely different note: for those of you who have enjoyed the TNGHero book, be sure and give a high-5 to ImperialOne - he's the one who put the bug in my ear to work on it; otherwise, there would only be the TrekHero book.

Thanks for the acknowledgement, but it is your work... we simply are the adoring public. BTW, I do agree with AVLD for phasers (vs the NND)... it costs more, but it is more accurate.

I'll sned some data over the private messenger in a week or so.

Charles

For those wondering about the fate of the FASA Trek version, I've added a FASATrek.pdf file to the Trek HERO page, which I've started added FASA Klingon, Romulan, and Orion information, after doing some cleanup work on the file.

For those wondering about the fate of the FASA Trek version' date=' I've added a FASATrek.pdf file to the Trek HERO page, which I've [i']started[/i] added FASA Klingon, Romulan, and Orion information, after doing some cleanup work on the file.

Mmmmm....FASA-Trek. Downloaded it, and aside from some formatting issues (I would think Eodin is aware of some of them) I'm enjoying it. Maybe even a little more than (dare I say it?) TNG and Trek-Hero? I've always enjoyed the FASA-Trek-verse, it was always flexible.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to use the prefab but HD V2.30 don't even notice it's in the HD folder

The PDFs I loved though

Sorry! I should have put a note on the web page, but you have to go into the Hero Designer preferences and allow "Trek Hero" for those to show up in Hero Designer. I had the same problem I tried to use one of KillerShrike's files, and thought I had a bad file. Dan Simon had to clear it up for me.

Glad to hear you liked the PDFs. :)

The Base Points, etc. are defined in your Rules file. You'll need to use the Heroic Template.

As far as Prefabs, that would be a Prefabs file, which I'm in the process of creating.

What the hdt file gives you essentially is the expanded skills and talents, so if you (1) Create new character with Heroic template, (2) Go to Skills and select Persuasion, you'll see the breakdowns of the Persuasion skills and select the one(s) that apply to that character.

When I get the Prefab file(s) finished, I'll post those, but that will be a little while.

Not at all! In fact, just to show how much of a Hero Designer newbie I am, I told you partly wrong. The Rules file gives you the starting points (true), but the TrekHero.hdt (Trek Hero template) is used INSTEAD OF the Heroic Template to access the new/expanded skills.

I'm still learning my way around Hero Designer v2, so sorry to confuse you.

• 2 weeks later...

Next update made to FASATrek pdf - added the 4 alien races from The Federation - Joridians, Cygnans, Kaferians, Tiburons. Cleaned up most of the planet stats and descriptions in the UFP chapter. Started to add packages for the Orion Exploration Service, but not finished.

Next update of one of pdfs will likely be in June - traveling out to Virginia this month for a week on business, then family vacation for a week in Padre last week of this month.

One of the fans of the TNGHero pdf I compiled sent me a copy of Decipher's Star Trek Aliens as a thank you, so I'm going to have fun digesting and converting that as well. :)

Tried to download the file and it's broken.

I just checked it, and to be more specific, the download completes but the file won't open. It seems to be damaged. Rob, can you try uploading the file to the server again?

Aroooo

Okay, I guess I'm going to have to change my FTP software. My FTP Explorer (freeware) is acting funny. I've reloaded the file AGAIN, downloaded the uploaded file from the website to my desktop, and checked it. It works now.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have conversion links/ideas on LUGTrek to HERO ? I picked up a copy of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine at Half-Price Books' date=' and have no idea on the numbers...[/quote']

Hunter might. We're gaming tonight, so if he doesn't check the boards before then I'll ask him.

Aroooo

Thanks Tony! Let me know if you find out anything useful. :)

It's beginning to look to be something like STAT*4 and SKILL + (value-1), I think.

I'm wanting to include conversions of the Deep Space 9 crew from the LUGTrek DS9 book in the TNGHero.PDF.

I'm not familiar enough with the LUG system, but my rough conversion is:

LUG CHAR HERO CHAR

1 8

2 10

3 13-14

4 15

5 18-20

Skills = LUG Skill -1

Again, if Hunter (or anyone else) can refine it, I'd appreciate it. Here's a "data dump" conversion (sans packages) of Benjamin Sisko, given the above. Thoughts?

Benjamin Sisko

Val Char Points Total Roll Notes

15 STR 5 15 12- HTH Damage 3d6 END [1]

18 DEX 24 18 13- OCV 6 DCV 6

15 CON 10 15 12-

12 BODY 4 12 11-

20 INT 10 20 13- PER Roll 13-

15 EGO 10 15 12- ECV: 5

18 PRE 8 18 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

14 COM 2 14 12-

4 PD 1 4 4 PD (0 rPD)

4 ED 1 4 4 ED (0 rED)

3 SPD 2 3 Phases: 4, 8, 12

6 REC 0 6

30 END 0 30

28 STUN 0 28

6" Running 0 6"

2" Swimming 0 2"

3" Leaping 0 3" Total Characteristics Cost: 77

Cost Powers END

4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 25 STR for holding on

4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 5d6 Strike

3 Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 3d6 +v/5, Target Falls

Perks

9 Contact: Bajoran Provisional Goverment, Organization Contact (x3) (9 Active Points) 12-

2 Reputation: Discoverer of the Wormhole (A large group) 11-, +1/+1d6

8 Fringe Benefit: Captain

3 Fringe Benefit: Emissary of the Prophets

Talents

5 DC: Bold (+1 Overall Level)

Skills

9 Bureaucratics 16-

4 PS: Cooking 13-

4 PS: Musician (Piano) 13-

4 PS: Sport (Baseball) 13-

2 Computer Programming (Data Mining and Retrieval) 13-

4 CuK: Human 13-

4 CuK: Bajoran 13-

10 Persuasion (Debate, Intimidation, Mediation/Negotiation) 15-

2 WF: Advanced Small Arms

9 +3 Advanced Small Arms

3 KS: Intelligence Techniques 12-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 KS: Federation History 12-

5 KS: Human History 14-

4 KS: Bajoran History 13-

2 Electronics (FTL Communications) 13-

2 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical Forests) 13-

1 WF: Bat'leth

4 SS: Warp Drive Engineering 14-

7 Concealment 15-

2 SS: Archaeology (Social Science) 11-

2 SS: Astrophysics (Space Science) 11-

3 Navigation (Space, Warpspace) 13-

9 Combat Piloting 16-

4 TF: Military Spacecraft, Personal Use Spacecraft

5 Systems Operation (Defensive Systems, Sensor Systems) 13-

8 Tactics (Starship Fleet) 16-

5 KS: Cardassian Starship Strategy 14-

5 KS: Dominion Starship Strategy 14-

5 KS: Tzenkethi Starship Strategy 14-

2 KS: Romulan Starship Strategy 11-

5 Stealth 14-

3 KS: Strategic Operations 12-

4 KS: Bajoran Theology 13-

4 KS: Earth Geography 13-

4 KS: Bajoran Geography 13-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 201

Total Cost: 278

100+ Disadvantages

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

10 Psychological Limitation: Code of Honor (Common, Moderate)

0 Rivalry: Professional (Captain Solok), Rival is Less Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

15 Psychological Limitation: Romantic Attachment: Cassidy Yates (Common, Strong)

5 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Uncommon, Moderate)

In the meantime, I'm also adding stuff to the FASATrek doc AND adding many of the Aliens from Decipher's Alien book to the TNGTrek doc... in my copious spare time...