Trek Hero PDF available

Eodin

Re: Trek Hero PDF available

I've posted an update to the FASATrek pdf. My TNGHero is messed up (file size problems) after adding some of the writeups from Deciphers' Aliens book, and with my various Honey-Do projects, not sure how long the redo is going to take. And since a new PC is not in our budget right now, I'll have to spend time to break some of the larger chapters into smaller multiple chapters. (Sorry, Imperial One...)

Anyway, enjoy the FASATrek update.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trek Hero PDF available

Thanks so much for the ongoing updates!!  I'm always dazzled by your labor (of love).

The Sisko writeup is pretty impressive.  I believe I'll use it as the basis for a version you've just inspired me to make.

I've been really itchin to convert some Trek (2377) heroes to 5E so's my PCs can interact w/ them.  I'd vote for Picard as the next post :winkgrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Nightfly - That conversion of Sisko is based on the Half-Price books copy of DS9 Roleplaying Book I found by accident. I'd have to find one with Picard to have a decent writeup of him. If anyone knows of any such LUG books, let me know and I'll take a look next time I'm in Half-Price Books.

ImperialOne (Charles) - Hope your Trek stuff is going well. Let me know if you want a sounding board on anything. No suggestions need be followed ;)

And now, here's a Sneak Preview of some of the race writeups I'll have in the updated TNGHero, thanks in a large part to ImperialOne's gift of Decipher's Aliens book

Antosians

Antosians are a peaceful race gifted with the power of cellular metamorphosis, a learned ability to control their own bodies. This allows them to change shape and take any form they wish, and to heal damage to their bodies (which is the reason they taught the methods to Garth of Izar in the first place). A character must first learn Antosian Healing before learning Antosian Shape Shifting. (Source: “Whom God Destroysâ€)

Where the Antosian information below builds on that provided in the Original Series, it is not canon.

Antosian Biology

Antosians are a humanoid race, and are outwardly identical to Terrans except for their emerald-green eyes and shorter stature. Adult Antosians (when not in another form) range in height from 4’0†to 5’0â€.

Antosian Racial Package

Ability Cost

+1 DEX 3

Antosian Healing: Healing 3d6 (Regeneration; 3 BODY per Turn), Can Heal Limbs, Reduced END (0 END; +½) (52 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn; -1 1/4), Self Only (-½), Limited: Zero DCV while Regenerating (-¼). 17

Antosian Shape Shifting: Shape Shift (Sight, Hearing, and Touch Groups, any shape), Cellular, Imitation; Costs END to Change Shape Only (+¼) (70 Active Points); Automatically revert to original form if unconscious (-¼), Limited: Zero DCV during phase of transformation (-¼). 47

Disadvantages

-2 STR -2

-1 CON -2

-1 BODY -2

Total Cost of Package 61

Options

Psychological Limitation: Peaceful, Compassionate, or other appropriate limitation (Common, Moderate) -10

Antosian Homeworld

Antos is the seventh planet in the Socratii system, a world with five moons and 0.9G. The world has 30% available land mass, with an 18-hour day. It is a terrestrial world, with all the same terrain types as Earth.

Antos currently maintains relations with the Federation, but has declined full membership.

Antosian Society and Culture

The Antosian culture is one of peaceful reflection, caring and compassion for all life. In addition to their shapechanging ability, they are known for their eco-science skills.

Capellans

The Capellans are a humanoid race native to Capella IV, with warlike tendencies and severe codes of law and tradition. They are very quick, agile and strong, males averaging 7 feet tall. They believe that only the strong should survive, and refuse medical assistance.

Capellan Biology

Capellans are outwardly identical to humans. There are marked neurochemical differences, with less development in the areas of the brain that control impulsive aggressive nature. Capellans require more time and contact to form bonds with outsiders. To the Capellan brain, an outsider isn’t really a person, and triggers no depth of emotional response.

Capellan Racial Package

Ability Cost

+2 DEX 6

Heightened Reflexes: +2 Lightning Reflexes with All Actions 3

Disadvantages

None 0

Total Cost of Package 9

Options

Psychological Limitation: Believes Medical Care Is A Sign of Weakness (Common, Moderate) -10

Psychological Limitation: Bloodlust OR Oath Of Nonviolence (Common, Moderate) -10

Kligat Training: WF (Kligat) and Fast Draw (Common Missile) 4

Capellan Homeworld

Capella IV is a Class-M planet orbiting an A6V (dim white dwarf). It is rich in Topaline, a mineral that is vital to the life support systems of Federation (and Klingon) colonies. Although the planet has a variety of landscapes, low flat expanses and bare rock are common.

Capellan Society and Culture

The Capellans are scrupulously honest, and can be very dangerous if lied to. The principal weapon of the Capellans is the kligat, a cross between a boomerang and a throwing knife, accurate and deadly to distance of one hundred meters.

Capella IV became a player on the galactic stage in 2267 when the Klingons and the Federation both attempted to negotiate a mining treaty. High Teer Akaar favored signing with the Federation, which Maab favored signing with the Klingons. Maab killed the aging Akaar to support the Klingons. However, learning of the true nature of the Klingons, Maab later made himself a target so that his people could kill the Klingon. After Maab’s death, Leonard James Akaar became the child ruler, with his mother acting as Regent. She signed the treaty with the Federation.

The mining treaty brought wealth and change to the primitive Capellans. Although they retained their primitive tribal governments, they adapted technology to suit their lifestyle. It became common to see their large tents completed with generators and computers. When he became old enough to rule on his own, Leonard James Akaar sued for Federation membership, which was granted.

The government consists of the Ten Tribes, each led by a Teer. The High Teer (Leonard James Akaar) leads the Ten Tribes, with each Teer having a council voice. The new Capellans, with years of education and better opportunies, are markedly less prone to violence than where their forbears 75 years ago.

Those Capellans wishing to join Star Fleet must take the Oath of Nonviolence. Those Capellans who have served in Star Fleet to date have kept their Oath and served with distinction.

Gorn

An intelligent, bipedal reptilian species who fought against Captain Kirk on stardate 3045.6 under the assumption that the Federation was threatening the Gorn claim to the planet Cestus III.

After Gorn forces destroyed the Earth outpost on Cestus III claiming it was an intrusion into their space, the captain of the Gorn vessel and Captain Kirk were transported by the Metrons to a planet where each fought for the survival of his respective crew. Kirk won, but refused to kill the Gorn after realizing that the Gorn attack had been the result of a misunderstanding.

The Gorn are a reptillian race of warriors, prizing strength and endurance. What they lack in speed, they make up for in cunning.

Gorn Biology

Gorns are a humanoid-reptillian race, rarely seen inside the Federation. They are extremely strong and hardy, but their movements are slow, even in combat.

The top of the head is ridged with a structure that crosses the top and the head and over the eyebrows. The hide is tough and greenish, similar to the terran Crocodilian.

Their three-fingered hands are thick with short claws. There mouths are full of sharp teeth, which can cut and tear flesh easily.

Gorns language is like the sounds made by terran crocodilians, producing sounds from quiet hisses to fearsome roars and bellows. Their voices are raspy, and soft sounds come out as a hissing sound. Federation ambassadors often have difficult pronouncing Gorn words.

As reptilian predators, theirs senses are very keen.Their eyes are rough and silvery, with a membrane that protects their eyes in harsh conditions. However, their large nostrils are built to take in large amounts of oxygen, and their sense of smell is poor.

Gorns evolved from reptillian predators, similar to the terran crocodilian. Bony plates form a kind of armor in their thick skin. Their teeth, 30 to 40 in each jaw, are set into sockets in the jawbones and interlock when the mouth is closed.

The Gorns bear more similarity to lizards than humans internally, being cold-blooded and thus requiring warm habitations to survive. They have powerful lungs and a three-chambered heart.

The jaws are powerful, and unlike the terran crocodilian, are strong in both opening and closing power.

Gorn muscles are so strong and thick that they cannot move quickly.

Gorns are egg-laying creatures, laying fertilized [2 to 9] eggs that hatch into infants. Gorn mature faster than humans, reaching reproductive maturity at about the age of 14.

Gorn Racial Package

Ability Cost

+7 STR 7

-5 DEX -15

+4 CON 8

+3 BODY 6

-4 COM -2

Claws/Bite: HKA 1/2d6, Reduced Penetration (-1/4) 8

Tough Hide: Damage Resistance 4PD/2ED 3

Heavy: Knockback Resistance -1†2

Protective Eye Membrane: Flash Defense [sight], 2 points 2

Reptilian Senses: +2 PER to Sight and Hearing groups 4

Disadvantages

Awkward Runners: Running -3†(3†Base) -6

Poor Sense of Smell: -2 PER to Smell Group -2

Total Cost of Package 15

Options

Psychological Limitation: Competitive, Resolute, Determined, Poor Communicator or other appropriate limitation (Common, Moderate) -10

Gorn Homeworld

The Gorn homeworld lies slightly closer to its sun that Earth does to Sol, and has a smaller axial tilt. The planet’s atmosphere has a larger greenhouse effect, keeping the planet fairly warm. There are few mammals on their homeworld, and not larger than a Terran possum. However, dinosaur-like creatures roam the wild lands of their world.

Gorn Society and Culture

Many different factions split Gorn society. Gorn leaders take a long time to make decisions, and the factions work within the current rules until the final decision is made.

Several factions want to see the Federation driven away from Cestus III and the Gorn borders expanded. Since they are not allowed to kill, but nothing precludes them from causing problems, these factions cause various problems for the Federtion in the worlds near Cestus III.

On the other hand, there are several factions that believe that Gorn would be best served by peaceful relations and cooperation with the Federation. These factions send more representatives into Federation space to learn how to coexist with their neighbors.

The Gorns on Cestus III are a mix of those seeking to free themselves of the old factions (or start their own), representatives of the old factions (to study the Federation for peace or war), and the usual malcontents, dreamers, explorers, and visionaries involved in expanded knowledge and frontiers.

Gorn consider themselves one race and work together cooperative - when their factions goals are not in conflict. Five years after reaching maturity, each Gorn must spend two years working in the Gorn version of Civil Service. The Civil Service trains them not only in service to community, but in basic job functions such as sanitation, computer usages, accounting, as well as basic military training.

Gorn are also very territorial and protective - of their mates, their children, and their territory. Encroachment is met with violence. When Gorn battle among themselves, the battles tend to be very deadly, with noone willing to back down.

Antican

Anticans are large, canine humanoids from Antica in the Beta Renner star system. Anticans are a carnivorous species, preferring to consume live or raw meat. They had a long-standing dispute with the Selay, another sentient race that lived in the Beta Renner system. They applied for Federation membership in the year 2364 and negotiated a peace with the Selay. The Anticans become members of the Federation in 2371.

Antican Biology

Anticans are a caninoid species, with obvious snouts, long whiskers, and sharp claws and teeth. Their eyesight is highly developed, and they have excellent night vision.

The top of their heads are hairless. Average height ranges between 1.7m and 2.5m (6’7†to 8’2â€). They hide their narrow rib cages and haunch-like legs beneath billowing robes unless hunting.

Antican Racial Package

Ability Cost

+3 STR 3

+1 DEX 3

Running +2†4

Nightvision 5

Canine Senses: +1 PER with all senses 3

Canine Senses: Tracking for Normal Smell 5

Keen Hearing: +2 PER with Hearing Group 6

Bite: HKA 1/2d6 (1d6+1 w/ STR); Reduced Penetration (-¼) 8

Claws: HKA 1 pip (1/2d6 w/ STR); Reduced Penetration (-¼) 4

Disadvantages

Psych Limitation: Irascible - Enranged When Feels Threatened (Uncommon, Occurs 11-, Recover 11-) -15

Total Cost of Package 26

Options

Native Antican: Concealment, Stealth, Tracking, Teamwork, +2 with HTH 22

Antican Homeworld

Antica, their homeworld, is one of two habitable planets in the Beta Renner system. It has a 1.1G gravity and an oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere. The terrain is mostly steppes and forests.

Antican Society and Culture

Antican society is organized around strong central leaders. Group members look for the strongest Antican in any group. Even the government is based on a pack-dominance structure, and the candidate that intimidates all the others is the one that leads.

Whenever Anticans are in a new situation, they instinctively try to determine who the strongest member of the group is, usually by verbal sparring and posturing, but physical aggression is possible.

Anticans are excellent hunters and trackers, and their culture revolves around the hunt. Families join in the hunt together. As a carnivorous species, Anticans prefer their meat freshly-killed, and the hunt and subsequent dining is a social event.

Benzites

Benzite Biology

Benzites are slight humanoids with smooth hairless skin that is mottled blue and either purple or green. They have prominent nasal lobes reminiscent of the Terran catfish.

Benzite Racial Package

Ability Cost

-2 STR -2

+2 CON 4

+1 EGO 2

Toxic Resistance: Life Support (Immunity to Terrestrial-type toxins) 10

Disadvantages

None 0

Total Cost of Package 14

Options

Dependence: Ammonia Breather (Common, 1d6 per Turn) ** -25

Psychological Limitation: Meticulous (Common, Moderate) -10

** Only applies to Benziters prior to 2376

Benzite Homeworld

The Benzite homeworld is known as Benzar (designated at Securis IV by the Federation discoverers). The atmosphere is high in ammonia low in oxygen. The terrain has many large crystalline rock structures, and their cities are built with these formations. Their cities are called geostructures.

Benzite Society and Culture

Benzites descended from a now extinct species known only as the “Forbearsâ€, who came to Benzar from another world. Unable to survive the Benzar atmosphere, they engineered their descendants as a new species capable of surviving the new home. Every Benzite newborn spends time in the Birthing Chambers, a process of genetic resequencing that produces beings capable of surviving Benzar. Though the Federation has bans against genetic resequencing, the millenia of use by the Benzar for survival makes it a tolerated process.

The race follows the teachings of the philosopher Androgov, who stressed efficiency and quantifiable success as the objectives of a successful life

I'm up through M in the TOS/TAS chapter, and B in the TNG/DS9 chapter of races, but it's coming along...

I've posted an update to the FASATrek pdf. My TNGHero is messed up (file size problems) after adding some of the writeups from Deciphers' Aliens book, and with my various Honey-Do projects, not sure how long the redo is going to take. And since a new PC is not in our budget right now, I'll have to spend time to break some of the larger chapters into smaller multiple chapters. (Sorry, Imperial One...)

Anyway, enjoy the FASATrek update.

Just in case no one has mentioned it in the past few hours - this stuff is just too cool.

This PDF is incredible. I want badly to take it to kinko's and get it bound' date=' but with all the updates I should probably just wait.[/quote']

I take it then, that after my next update, I should stop updating the PDFs for a while ?

I take it then' date=' that after my next update, I should stop updating the PDFs for a while ?[/quote']

No way! I would shed a tear..... like that indian in the litter commercial. The updates are great. Take your time and keep working on it! I would love to help in any way but i'm certainly no star trek expert.

No way! I would shed a tear..... like that indian in the litter commercial. The updates are great. Take your time and keep working on it! I would love to help in any way but i'm certainly no star trek expert.

Okay, I'll continue at my normal pace with updates.

That being said... :angel:

IF Anyone wants to contribute to the effort, I need to have Hero Designer 2 prefabs of everything in the 2 flavors of Trek put together for use by Herodom. I've added some prefabs (plus Kirk and Spock) to the Hero Trek website. So if you're willing to give of your free time, have Hero Designer 2, and would like to make free prefabs for everyone to use, take a look at the ones on the website. Contact me with what your willing/able to work on.

If you help, the only thanks I can give you is listing your name on the website as a contributor, and my genuine appreciation. :)

I've posted an updated TNGHero pdf. The main updates are the added Racial packages split into three chapters (core, TOS/TAS, and TNG/DS9), and the skills and Talents in the Game Elements chapter.

I'm not through with the 'cleanup' of chapter formatting, so you may see a few layout issues in the last half of the book. I just wanted to get this out before I got back into the Honey-Do projects.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is great stuff! I recently re-started an older Star Hero campaign and just as a goof, when they went to talk to the local Police, they saw it was Officer Hooker. I had previously decided to have all incarnations of Shatner in my campaign at some point or other. I've even gone to http://www.IMDB.com to see what else he's done.

One of my female players has declared that she is going to sleep with every incarnation of him that shows up. Her character is not a slut (nor is she LOL), but the player loves Shatner.

Now if I can only find his music to play while gaming...

Oh yes, by special request, one of the other players wants to see a bar brawl in an Officers Bar between a drunken Kirk and Picard. Hey, when a player gives you a great idea, go with it!

• 3 weeks later...

Now that baby girl is asleep... :winkgrin:

Here's the next update to TNGHero... changed the races in TNG/DS9 chapter to follow the xBiology/xHomeworld/xSociety format, at least up through about 'T'. Added Napeans and a few other Racial stats/packages. Changed the Romulans chapter from what I guess was Rhihansu? to the way of D'era from Decipher. And a few other miscellaneous tweaks.

• 5 weeks later...

I've added two more HD2 templates that Drakkenkin has built to the Star Trek Hero web page. (Vulcan and Caitian)

Arooo/Tony shared some information with me I'd like to share. Since April, there have been 2100+ downloads of FASA Trek, 2000+ downloads on the 1st of the 5 part splits of TNGHero, and 1800+ downloads of the TNGHero books. Since July there have been 25-50 downloads of the TNGHero templates, and since Oct 24, there have been 7-9 downloads of Drakkenkin's FASA Trek templates. Thanks folks! I'm glad its being enjoyed so well! And Thanks Tony for giving it a good home. :)

I'm going to be doing a lot of business travelling through the end of November, so I probably won't be doing much in the way of updates to the Trek Hero books during that time. However, I'll be adding Drakkenkin's HD2 templates as he and I get the chance. Thanks Drakkenkin! :)

• 5 weeks later...

I've updated TNGHero pdf and added a few more templates to the web page. I've added Sisko and Nerys writeups to a chapter after the Decipher converted characters, and made graphic additions and format fixes to the TNG Races chapter.

I am glad that you have stuck with this and continue to update the sight. Our group is not playing Star Trek Hero and I don't know if we'll ever be able to squeeze a game of it into our schedule. However, I really enjoy looking over the stuff you've done :thumbup: .

Thanks!

For those of you who use the FASATrek, as opposed to the TNGTrek, I have a question. Should I copy the Decipher versions of the TOS races (Gorn, Capellans, etc) into FASATrek or leave them alone. I ask because there is usually a difference between FASATrek and TNGTrek (Decipher).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...