Trek Hero PDF available

Eodin

Re: Trek Hero PDF available

bump - since I'm starting to see Star Trek type questions show up again.

Some more questions...

1) Is this (http://www.starherofandom.com/h_trekhero/index.php) still the correct site?

2) What does FASA mean? I looked for any FAQ style definitions but couldn't find anything.

3) Are the upbringing templates/pages intended for a non-MS browser? I use IE and saw all the code-tags instead of a webpage.

Thanks for the info. I always enjoyed your guys' work on these Trek pdfs.

Any Defiant (from DS9) writeups?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) FASA stands for "Freedonian Air and Space Agency." It was a term used in the owners' own Traveller campaign. I don't even know why I know this. I need to get out more.

Thanks for the info & quick reply.

So it sounds like it's not all calculated differently (like Fusion) was.

I like your avatar of Chewie chilin'.

If you haven't gotten the Dark Horse Chewbacca graphic novel yet, I highly recommend it!

Some more questions...

1) Is this (http://www.starherofandom.com/h_trekhero/index.php) still the correct site?

Yup, still current.

2) What does FASA mean? I looked for any FAQ style definitions but couldn't find anything.

Freedonian Air and Space Agency. I knew that one too. I need to get out more as well...

3) Are the upbringing templates/pages intended for a non-MS browser? I use IE and saw all the code-tags instead of a webpage.

You need to right click and save as. Those files are all Hero Designer v2 files. The server is set to send them as binary downloads, but IE tends to just display text files in the browser window.

Aroooo

Any Defiant (from DS9) writeups?

The Defiant is fully written up in the TNG Hero PDF available on the same webpage, covering the continuity of Next Gen/ DS 9. If you just want the ship details you can download Part 5 from the list of links to separate sections of the sourcebook.

• 2 years later...

While I'm looking forward to seeing the movie, I do hope it won't change Trek history.

I'm going to have to dust off my Trek Hero files one of these days and review them to see if there are any updates I want/need to do. In between writing new stuff for the Universe Project at ComStar...

Long live 'Trek :)

While I'm looking forward to seeing the movie' date=' I do hope it won't change Trek history. [/quote']

I hate to have to tell you this, but your hopes will not be answered. The new movie was created to do two things.

1. Make money
  2. Wipe the slate clean with a time travel reset button that wipes everything you've ever seen about Trek out of existance.

There's a reason the thing is being called just Star Trek. No number, no sub-title.

I will not be paying Paramount for pi$$ing all over my childhood. And if you really love Trek, I'd advise you not to pay them for it either.

I hate to have to tell you this' date=' but your hopes will [b']not [/b]be answered. The new movie was created to do two things.

1. Make money
  2. Wipe the slate clean with a time travel reset button that wipes everything you've ever seen about Trek out of existance.

There's a reason the thing is being called just Star Trek. No number, no sub-title.

I will not be paying Paramount for pi$$ing all over my childhood. And if you really love Trek, I'd advise you not to pay them for it either.

It's just another universe. There are thousands of them.

The new movie was created to do two things.

1. Make money

Note that movie-making is a business and, like other businesses, making money in the process is considered important. Even the series creator Gene Roddenberry recognized this - he didn't create the show just to display it to an appreciative few in his garage or wherever, he was expecting to make money off it.

And yes, I "really love Star Trek" - make no mistake about that - and I will be seeing this movie ASAP. If it is any good at all (IMO), I will probably see it several times. The blurb I have heard is very hopeful and my own tolerance levels are pretty durn good - if it has a halfway decent storyline, at least tries to be internally consistent, and doesn't take TOO many liberties with the mythos, then it should be more than OK. IMO.

As a side rant, the main reason I opted out of Star Trek's organized fandom long ago was because I was thoroughly sick of the parochialism, which has only gotten worse since. TOS devotees trash TNG, TNG devotees make rude noises about DS9 and Voyager, everybody nitpicks Enterprise, and the animated series is carefully ignored by many, and so on, and so on, AND SO ON. My own opinion is, simply, that all of these shows had good points and bad points. Consider that respect for diversity is/was always a major theme of Star Trek (whichever incarnation one sees as Holy Writ), and it seems like an awful lot of so-called fans are forgetting that.

So, when somebody mouths off about this coming movie without even seeing it, well, everybody is entitled to their own opinions but, from where I am sitting, this is just more of that same old song.

Rant over. Normal programming will resume shortly.

In an effort to get back on track ...

Terrific PDFs. My compliments to all those involved in their creation.

• 4 years later...
I've spent days looking for a copy of TrekHero or something of that caliber. Sadly' date=' all of the links in this thread are dead. Can someone help me out and tell where I can find Star Trek templates like it? I would be ultra grateful.[/quote']

Try this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20081210091931/http://www.starherofandom.com/h_trekhero/index.php

It's an older set of files, but it should work.......

-Carl-

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...