Dad beat up Defender, Mother conquered Brazil: The good seed from bad source?

Hermit

Originally posted by Hermit

Has anyone made a Vision type PC/NPC good guy to match the Ultron like Mechanon? :)

Glenn Thain made one a long time ago. AVAR-7, in Enemies, was a Vision rip-off (an android with density increase and desolidification). He was built by an alien civilization and sent to Earth to observe, using his abilities to blend in as a superhero. Mechanon captured him and reprogrammed him to become a villain: a nice twist on Vision's origin.

Originally posted by CrosshairCollie

I'm desperately wanting to play a renegade creation of the Warlord named War Wolf.

"War Wolf" was also the actual name of a giant trebuchet used by Edward I (the English king so charmingly played by Patrick McGoohan in "Braveheart") to breach the walls of Caerlaverock.

Originally posted by Trebuchet

"War Wolf" was also the actual name of a giant trebuchet used by Edward I (the English king so charmingly played by Patrick McGoohan in "Braveheart") to breach the walls of Caerlaverock.

I confess my ignorance of his historical fact. I also never saw Braveheart. :) I just liked the name 'cause it was a pun off 'Werewolf' and the character was a very soldierly type.

I'll be sure to drop this little bit of trivia on the other players when appropriate, though, should I ever get the character. :)

Originally posted by Uncle Shecky

Glenn Thain made one a long time ago. AVAR-7, in Enemies, was a Vision rip-off (an android with density increase and desolidification). He was built by an alien civilization and sent to Earth to observe, using his abilities to blend in as a superhero. Mechanon captured him and reprogrammed him to become a villain: a nice twist on Vision's origin.

I completely forgot about AVAR-7! I've even used him as a NPC in a couple of campaigns, with tweaks to put the "Variable" into "Advanced Variable Android, Reconnaissance."

Guess I've got another 5E update to work on. :rolleyes:

Say, for you Star HERO and Terran Empire fans: any insights on which of the other galactic civilizations in the contemporary Champions Universe would be most likely to send such an observer here, if any?

See the "New CKC villains" thread if you want to see what I did with Nebula on this front.

In this thread, I'll mention that the Sivana-type I'm using (The Intellect) was made for my timeline. My player, yet to see what I had done was doing with Intellect, wanted to be his son. He thinks he is, and created a power armor and became Redeemer, to make up for his dad (with nobless oblige, as well, so that he has this real, I'm better than others, my duty to protect them thing going). In actuality, in the timeline, Intellect creates a clone "son" called Intellect, Jr. to help him destroy his enemy (Captain Thunder, take a wild guess where he comes from :D ). Now, Redeemer thinks he's the clone.

He'll learn soon that he's the clone's son, by way of his love for Lady Thunder.

How's that for overly-complex? God, I love super-hero gaming.

Don

Dad was bad?

After reading the "Is Pr. Muerte really dead" thread, I'm tempted to make a son of daughter of his. Sure, he's dead, but can you imagine having a legacy like that?

"My dad was an international superterrorist who killed and terrorized hundreds if not thousands?"

Sins of the fathers and all that.

Plus, some small part of you might want to try to bring Scorpia and Feurmacher in.

Re: Dad beat up Defender, Mother conquered Brazil: The good seed from bad source?

This is sort of the flip side of the "legacies" thread below. Has anyone looked through the CKC or some other Champion product yet and thought about making a relative of one that was on the side of right? Not only would you have likely excuses for similar powers/abilities, you'd have a great tie in for hunteds/watched.

Yes I have in fact. I created a mentalist, and was looking through CKC for some interesting background ideas, hunteds, etc. when I came across PSI and the story about Sebastion Poe, and his son Kevin Poe. Pow, I had my origin, hunted, etc.

Imagine my surprise when I got Millenium city and found Kevin in there...:)

Aylwin

Re: Re: Dad beat up Defender, Mother conquered Brazil: The good seed from bad source?

Originally posted by aylwin

Yes I have in fact. I created a mentalist, and was looking through CKC for some interesting background ideas, hunteds, etc. when I came across PSI and the story about Sebastion Poe, and his son Kevin Poe. Pow, I had my origin, hunted, etc.

Imagine my surprise when I got Millenium city and found Kevin in there...:)

Aylwin

*G* small snag. I take it you won't be using the one in MC? :)

Re: Re: Re: Dad beat up Defender, Mother conquered Brazil: The good seed from bad source?

*G* small snag. I take it you won't be using the one in MC? :)

Maybe....the text does say that the Kevin in the book was convinced he was the son of Sebastion Poe, despite his mother's denials....

Aylwin

I had toyed with the idea of introducing a group of heroes from the future encountered my team they were made up of the children or relatives of Cheshire Cat, Armadillo, Howler, Ogre, Mindlock, and Pulsar.

They called themselves the Scions of Shadows as an inside joke but generally left off the "of Shadows".

The heroes:

Pathway (Cheshire Cat's Son; a martial artist with teleportation gates)

Minerva (Ogre's formerly crippled little sister, given super strength and intelligence by Malachite (he owed a hero in the future and paid his debt helping out the young lass)

Thorn (a clone of Mindlock who was created by (again) Malachite as a possible mate). Mental powers and martial arts

Clamour: (Howler's son and pretty much ripped off from the V&V character of the same name)

Pulsar's son who was a gun toting vigilante but secretly had vast resistance to energy attacks (50 rED)

and lastly Armadillo II (actually it was Armadillo one but he had been de aged in an encounter with the Infinate man some time in the future and gave up his villainous career to win the heart of Minerva.

The funny thing was, those same villains had formed a team (they were all hunteds of us (we didn't have classic enemies yet or it was easier just to use the one book) called the Outcasts.

The encounter so shamed the villains ( I had always had a soft spot for them as Champions 3rd edition had origins for them to be used as heroes and I liked that), that they turned themselves in, served their time and started on the long road towards true heroism.