Dad beat up Defender, Mother conquered Brazil: The good seed from bad source?

Hermit

This is sort of the flip side of the "legacies" thread below. Has anyone looked through the CKC or some other Champion product yet and thought about making a relative of one that was on the side of right? Not only would you have likely excuses for similar powers/abilities, you'd have a great tie in for hunteds/watched.

I've recently been tempted to make an offspring of Doctor Destroyer as a Superhero. I know, the big guy doesn't seem very romanatic, but it occured to me that his study of his 'condition' (His resistance to anti aging tech and most cloning) might require him to breed with a woman in order to have a genetically similiar test subject. Bing. We have a son/daughter, who may share dad's genius. If this happened a bit before 92', maybe this child hasn't been checked on in awhile and has no idea of his/her origin.

Then there are all those villains who started out as orphans. Who's to say they didn't have a sibling?

Anyone already do something like this?

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Speaking of Cateran, doesnt she just scream 'somebody likes Highlander way too much'?

A little, but hey, she's a redhead. I'll forgive almost anything if it involves attractive female redheads. Darn Marvel brainwashing at a young age :)

I already have my own 'immortals' in my game world, though the mythology is different.

Interestingly enough, the original Island of Dr. Destroyer adventure included Zerstoiten's mistress, the Countess Natasha Alexandrovna, who was described as being open to being persuaded to aid the heroes. Scott Bennie assumed that she had done so when he put her in his sequel adventure, Day of the Destroyer. Actually, it wasn't exactly the Countess, but her corpse preserved and mounted like a mannequin by Destroyer as the price of her treachery.

Anyway, that adventure first came out IIRC in 1983 or '84; any "love child" between those two would be in his or her late teens by now.

I have the daughter of Destroyer written up for a campaign. She is a powered armor hero. Her armor appears masculine. Its basically an adaptation of a character a friend of mine made up back in highschool. The picture he used was Destroyers from Day of the Destroyer so I made the child origin.

In our current group we have a character Gravitic who is the half-brother of Gravitar unbeknownst to either of them...yet. He has taken her as a -8 Hunted, based on the assumption that when she eventually sees him on the SNN channel she'll come looking for him. Now the rest of the group being his trustworthy and stalwart allies that we are; have all pledge our unwavering silent support in not interferring in any family feuds :D . Not that this will likely do us any good but hey what are friends for?

Originally posted by Blue

[suspicion] Yes... yes, that was genius. One might even say... evil genius. I suggest we do some DNA testing.[/suspicion]

Hmm, come to think of it... Lord Liaden DID seem to know a bit too much. :)

Despite DD's resistance to cloning, I can also see Teleios getting creative if he should get his hands on some of his rival's genetic material.

Was that a threat? Huh? Cuz I just wanna know so that when I cower and capitulate, I do it for a good reason ;)

Other thoughts

Has anyone made a Vision type PC/NPC good guy to match the Ultron like Mechanon? :)

One friend of mine has a character who is a creation of Teleios. She's been fun to run.

I keep meaning to make a fellow product of Project Sunburst, but never have the time. Darn it.

Another descendent of the Black Palidan might also be interesting, in a Dane Whitman kind of way.

Originally posted by Hermit

Was that a threat? Huh? Cuz I just wanna know so that when I cower and capitulate, I do it for a good reason ;)

No threat - just a piece of friendly advice. :P

Has anyone made a Vision type PC/NPC good guy to match the Ultron like Mechanon? :)

I had the reprogrammed "goodguy" Mechanon model from Sanctuary, Peacekeeper, as an NPC hero in a previous campaign. He's helped UNTIL with international threats on several occasions, partly to garner government and public support for Sanctuary. One of my game colleagues also ran Peacekeeper as a PC in a mini-campaign as part of an ad-hoc group of the world's greatest heroes, brought together to combat an epic threat.

With the revisions to the new Mechanon, I'm planning on introducing Peacekeeper into my new campaign as a sometime ally to the PCs. I want the players to care when Mechanon shows up to exterminate his "embarrassing" doppleganger once and for all. And with Peacekeeper being an antiquated relic compared to Mechanon's latest upgrades, he's really going to need the help.

Having a flair for playing robots of late (particularly those resembling the Reploids from the Mega Man X series of games, which are animal-based robots with names like Neon Tiger and Cyber Peacock), I'm desperately wanting to play a renegade creation of the Warlord named War Wolf (of course, a pun to top it all off). :)

Not quite the 'Vision/Ultron' setup, but moderately close.

Hmm, come to think of it... Lord Liaden DID seem to know a bit too much. :)

Despite DD's resistance to cloning, I can also see Teleios getting creative if he should get his hands on some of his rival's genetic material.

That's one of Teleios' plot seeds - CU, p. 136...

Destroyer speaks,"As you can see, my genetic make up is...difficult to duplicate exactly. Still, one of my duplicates matches my intellect even if physically he has come up a bit ..short."

The tiny helmeted figure hops up onto the chair and glares malevolently in his three foot five inch armor.

The Doctor continues, "I call him... Mini-D."

Mini-D just made my wife do a spit take. Thanks guys. :-)

I have a new character that ties into a villian. One out of EU - so I can no longer disdain the book as much as I could.

Turns out Shrike was actually a mutant. A british super had an affair with her in the early 80s. My character was the result. Mom fled to the US and went strait. Dad was killed along with another female teammate by Eurostar who should not have known about where they were. Dad's wife (another superheroine) retired. Dad's wife's kid hunts me.

The GM loved the son of a villian goes hero, son of the hero goes villian.

Originally posted by Lord Mhoram

Turns out Shrike was actually a mutant. A british super had an affair with her in the early 80s. My character was the result. Mom fled to the US and went strait. Dad was killed along with another female teammate by Eurostar who should not have known about where they were. Dad's wife (another superheroine) retired. Dad's wife's kid hunts me.

The GM loved the son of a villian goes hero, son of the hero goes villian.

Im confused. :confused:

(b4 anyone posts to clue me in; Im kidding)