Homunculus

diocletianx

I'm interested in building a homonculus power in hero but am stuck.

I'm looking to simulate two things 1) a character who can break off parts of his body to run around independently on is behalf (I think this can be done with duplication). 2) a character on a zero phase action can spit his body into many (hundreds) of smaller entities, maybe many mini-me or maybe different calls of being like a thousand rats. All beings are parts of the whole character and upon recombination the character should suffer some damage/adverse affect for every entity missing (I'm thinking something like duplication and multiform maybe summon. i don't know)

Your thoughts are appreciated.

d.

Chief question: if the split-off entities can be killed (and afterward never come back), use Duplication. If the entities will come back after being killed, use Summon.

Break off your arms, etc.: This sounds like Duplication, unless the character could regenerate a lost limb, in which case use Summon.

Thousands of entities: This sounds more like Summon, since killing one of the entities will hurt the main character but presumably he'll be able to split into the same number once he heals. The question here is, what happens to the character's spirit/consciousness while he is split?

My suggestion would be:

Summon (thousands of tiny critters), plus Extra-Dimensional Travel (to mental/spirit realm). To make it zero-phase, you have to buy it with the Triggered Advantage. That way the character "vanishes" until the critters "recombine".

How about this.

Let's say the effect is the character transforms into a bunch of rats (say 64). Use multiform for into a rat with duplication and mind link to other rats. The total points for the rat is about 30 (includes instant change), so the multiform will cost 6 CP. Now the rat could have duplicated before the adventure to the total of 64 rats the multiform is now a quantity of 64 rats. As a zero phase action, the character can transform to the group of rats.

What do you think?

d.