The Award for Collest Magic System and Inovations with Hero goes to....

Eosin

So here I am plowing away throught the Valdorian Setting which I am somewhat mixed about (I have naming issues) when I skip ahead to the section on creating players and the sorcery system.

POW!

Holycrapamolly! The summoning system and its required favors system is insanely inspired. It recieves FIVE thumbs up from me.

Re: The Award for Collest Magic System and Inovations with Hero goes to....

Arrggghhhhh!!!!

I'm still waiting to get my copy. My FLGS has been ridiculously slow to get either VA or Hudson City.

I was promised they would have both today, but UPS hadn't come when I went at lunch. (I knew they wouldn't have, I was just impatient.)

If they don't have them when I go by this evening on the way home, I'm just going to have to order VA online.

What do you think I've been so excited about? Crap, months ago, I just read Allen's brief description of the sorcery system and knew I had to have this book. Seeing the implementation of it was so much better than I had guessed it would be.

I'm stealing huge chunks of it for my own fantasy campaign.

This is a truly innovative use of the HERO System which IMO does an excellent job of capturing the mechanics and the flavor of the sword-and-sorcery genre. All kudos should go to Allen Thomas for his excellent work. Hiring him was one of the best moves that DoJ has made. :thumbup:

Just in relation to the title of this thread, though, I feel I also have to nominate Keith "Insert Catchy Phrase" Curtis for his brilliant work on the magic system for his Savage Earth campaign. Don't take my word for it; go to the SE website and click on the links for "Spirits" and "Adepts". Heck, explore the whole website - it's as good as just about any published game setting.

Like some HERO system books that I don't use right away I put Valdorian age on the shelf and figured I would read it when I got the chance. However, when I saw this thread I just had to go read up on the sorcery sections.

All I got to say is

:jawdrop:

WOW. That is awesome. It should be a must read for any HERO fan. I mean, did I say wow? I don't know when I will get to use this, but you better believe Iam going to use it.

And to Allen Thomas all I have to say is :hail:

I'm in the same boat with Herolover. I bought the book (I buy'em all) and figured I'd get around to reading it later. I guess it'll be the book I put on the nightstand by my bed tonight.