Premonition?

Guyon

I wanted a friendly NPC to get premonitions from time to time, that may help the team. I don't want to use danger sense, as this will most likely be out of combat. They will get hunches and glimpse near future occurrences. I want them to be vague and in rare cases dreams.

Any Suggestions?

Re: Premonition?

I wanted a friendly NPC to get premonitions from time to time, that may help the team. I don't want to use danger sense, as this will most likely be out of combat. They will get hunches and glimpse near future occurrences. I want them to be vague and in rare cases dreams.

Any Suggestions?

Claisentience

* base sense group is sight group (20pts),

* hearing group (+10pts)

* precognitive (+20pts)

+ 0 END: +1/2

- no conscious control (-2)

- vague and unclear (-1/2)

Base points : 50 pts

Active points : 75 pts

Total points : 21 pts

Claisentience

* base sense group is sight group (20pts),

* hearing group (+10pts)

* precognitive (+20pts)

+ 0 END: +1/2

- no conscious control (-2)

- vague and unclear (-1/2)

Base points : 50 pts

Active points : 75 pts

Total points : 21 pts

If he can only sense the future and not the present, you can also include Precog Only (-1/2)

When I am really making it just GM candy so that I can give a character premonition when and how I want, I tend to forget the Advantages and extra senses. So I would just make it:

Claisentience: (~Sight Group);

+Precognitive

[40 Active]

No Conscious Control (-2);

Vague and Unclear (-1/2);

Precognition Only (-1/2);

[10 Real]

Any Suggestions?

I just had a wacked out thought....

Actually, the more I think of it, if this is just a plot device kind of thing I'd just write it off as part of the character's concept. If this was the only power the character had however, I might write up the above just to justify it happening to the character (and giving a game mechanic that can be intereacted with).

Actually, the more I think of it, if this is just a plot device kind of thing I'd just write it off as part of the character's concept. If this was the only power the character had however, I might write up the above just to justify it happening to the character (and giving a game mechanic that can be intereacted with).

Good idea. I'd rep you if I could. :)

Dust Raven!

Excellent idea! :) I want to give reputation, but I'm still waiting to give reputation for the Turning To Stone thread.

Cheers!

Given that the only real point to premonitions would be to give the character information that the group would not normally get in any other way, I would say it should be bought as a Power unless you're going to make sure that every other player in the group also gets some kind of free ability to make things balance things out. I say this because I certainly know players who would complain about the imbalance of giving one player a free ability.

I'd use the Clairsentience method, incidentally.

llama = the new Detect junkie

This being Hero...

Detect Relevant Information (10 Active Points); Concentration (½ DCV, -¼), Extra Time (1 Turn, -1¼), No Conscious Control (-2), Vague and Unclear (-½) (2 Real Points)

More questionable builds from the stand point that the effect is the PCs gain information:

Aid: 4d6 to Knowledge Skills, Invisible Power Effects (Sight, +½), Ranged (+¼), Variable Effect (Any Knowledge Skill One At A Time, +¼) (80 Active Points); Concentration (½ DCV, -¼), Extra Time (1 Turn, -1¼), No Conscious Control (-2) (18 Real Points)

KS: Future Events 11- (3 Active Points)

Re: llama = the new Detect junkie

This being Hero...

Detect Relevant Information (10 Active Points); Concentration (½ DCV, -¼), Extra Time (1 Turn, -1¼), No Conscious Control (-2), Vague and Unclear (-½) (2 Real Points)

More questionable builds from the stand point that the effect is the PCs gain information:

Aid: 4d6 to Knowledge Skills, Invisible Power Effects (Sight, +½), Ranged (+¼), Variable Effect (Any Knowledge Skill One At A Time, +¼) (80 Active Points); Concentration (½ DCV, -¼), Extra Time (1 Turn, -1¼), No Conscious Control (-2) (18 Real Points)

KS: Future Events 11- (3 Active Points)

Dude! Are you sure you aren't a donkey? :D

Given that the only real point to premonitions would be to give the character information that the group would not normally get in any other way, I would say it should be bought as a Power unless you're going to make sure that every other player in the group also gets some kind of free ability to make things balance things out. I say this because I certainly know players who would complain about the imbalance of giving one player a free ability.

I'd use the Clairsentience method, incidentally.

The way I see it, what's the difference between the GM feeding the players/characters info through the TV, a crazed woman running up to them on the street, a call from some important person and just having it pop into their heads? The the characters can't actually use it to gain information themselves (which they could with those other sources), why should it cost points? Pop into their heads could be a sudden clairvoyant premonition, a precognative dream or even just a hunch the GM gives the character to spark the advanture or move it along.

The way I see it' date=' what's the difference between the GM feeding the players/characters info through the TV, a crazed woman running up to them on the street, a call from some important person and just having it pop into their heads? The the characters can't actually use it to gain information themselves (which they could with those other sources), why should it cost points? Pop into their heads could be a sudden clairvoyant premonition, a precognative dream or even just a hunch the GM gives the character to spark the advanture or move it along.[/quote']

Hah! Good point. Besides, maybe it isn't the PC that has the Power at all, but a benevolent (or not, depending on how you look at it) NPC sitting on a rock somewhere with a huge Mind Scan and Telepathy or Mental Illusions. :D

Hah! Good point. Besides' date=' maybe it isn't the PC that has the Power at all, but a benevolent (or not, depending on how you look at it) NPC sitting on a rock somewhere with a huge Mind Scan and Telepathy or Mental Illusions. :D[/quote']

Well, of course, then it's not the character's power and probably should not be part of his concept. If it is a part of his character's concept, then it sounds like it should be a follower or a contact.

Of course, in my mind, actually buying the ability more or less forces the GM to actually use it from time to time, as opposed to simply writing it off as something that doesn't happen anymore. But, as it was discussed earlier, it's a lousy 10 points -- about 4 or 5 sessions worth of XP. And, in general, I just feel more comfortable with it being purchased. It's also not a power that I see as being just a sideline for a character -- usually, it seems to be a major part of the schtick for fictional characters who have it.

Hah! Good point. Besides' date=' maybe it isn't the PC that has the Power at all, but a benevolent (or not, depending on how you look at it) NPC sitting on a rock somewhere with a huge Mind Scan and Telepathy or Mental Illusions. :D[/quote']

That's true, this was for an NPC wasn't it... No need to cost it out at all then unless it's for a Follower... Ah, "friendly NPC" it seems.