Has anyone used the Slug or Elder Worm?

Herolover

Hello all.

Getting ready to start a new/continued campaign (long story) and I am looking at who I want to be one of my major villains. I have decided to use and expand upon Slug (from CKC pg 198) and the Elder Worm. I am just wondering if anyone else has used the Slug and how he and his Elder Worm faired? How did you use him?

Also, while I am asking is there any place for more information on the Slug and Elder Worm other than CKC?

Re: Has anyone used the Slug or Elder Worm?

In an old 4E campaign Slug's had some minions in NASA and he was able to get aboard a lunar transport ship [we had a race similar to the "Inhumans" living on the moon that the US traded with]. Slug was able to transform them into superpowered minions and then used them as a striketeam in his plans. The team began conqueroring South American countries and creating a world power-base while the Slug stayed on the moon. It took us several sessions to figure out the team were the lunar people. We tracked him down and had a huge lunar battle which eventually cracked the moon [the moon had a shard in its orbit]. This caused some strange tidal effects on the earth which upset the Atlanteans. Things just went downhill from there. :)

Slug gets an enhancement in Galactic Champions.

Yes, quite a powerup. That book also gives more details on Elder Worm artifacts, stats for humans transformed into Elder Worms, and more Slug plot seeds.

For more of the history of the Elder Worm race, particularly their war with the Malvans and its consequences, check out the Terran Empire setting book for Star HERO.

From 4e, Leech makes an excellent servant for Slug. He's got the look, and unusual powers. Also from 4e, Wrath of the Seven Horsemen made some use of the Elder Worm, but I'm not sure how well it would dovetail with the 5e interpretation.

From 4e' date=' Leech makes an excellent servant for Slug. He's got the look, and unusual powers. Also from 4e, Wrath of the Seven Horsemen made some use of the Elder Worm, but I'm not sure how well it would dovetail with the 5e interpretation.[/quote']

Leech is in Conquerors, Killers and Crooks as well, in full 5E glory and pretty scary. I agree, he definitely has the look, and it wouldn't take much retconning to make him the Slug's servant.

Wrath of the Seven Horsemen was actually for 3E Champs, and would require more work to adapt to the current system than 5E would. The "Old Ones" from that book are rather different and have a different history from the current Elder Worm backstory, but are definitely in the vein of the Lovecraft Mythos.

One of my past campaigns using 4E wove together almost all the "Lovecraftian" entities from various Champions books: the Slug, the Old Ones and the Horsemen from Wrath, the Anopheles from Champions in 3-D, the Arcane from Alien Enemies, the Crimson Claw from The Great Supervillain Contest, the Demons from Demons Rule, Azor and the Blood from The Blood and Dr. McQuark, Vulshoth from Creatures of the Night, the Qliphothic entities from Utimate Supermage and Supermage Bestiary.

Wow thanks for all the replies.

I forgot about the GAC stuff, I will have to have a good look at it.

I knew about the Terran Empire stuff, but thanks anyway.

Also, I forget which Digital HERO it is, but there are more Elder Worm artifacts made up in one of the articles.

Thanks again.

The last time I used Elder worm stuff I got to do one of my favorite things...get the heros to team up with Demon to stop those maniacs...:) Though te interp of Demon has a lot and it probibly would not "play" with the new incarnation......