Ki and Kamehameha Wave

Prince_Bejita

Wow. Ok. I'm having trouble creating a ki system here. I do not have Ninja HERO yet and I suppose it would help me as it actually contains a character based on Son Goku. I've been trying to figure out a way to have a max ki pool equal to one's experience pts, that way one's power level would be equal to their level of experience. The characters will start out as normal people, so their exp. will be low to start. But I cannot find the right system to create ki that is used up, and must be recharged via a "power up" power. Not only that, but I'm having difficulty creating the kamehameha itself, nevermind as part of Muten Roshi-sama's martial art style, Kame-sennin style. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, as I have been attempting to get a DBZ rp off the ground for years now.

I'm not sure if all the mechanics would suit you, but I think you'll find a lot of useful ideas from the "Dragonball Z" section of "Surbrook's Stuff", the excellent website of HERO System conversions of manga, books, movies, comics and more, maintained by Michael Surbrook, author of Ninja HERO and "Susano" here on the boards. Here's the address of his website:

http://www.devermore.net/surbrook/index/index.html

This will take you directly to the DBZ section:

http://www.devermore.net/surbrook/dbzhero/dbzhero.html

Wow. That's really awsome. But, there are a few things that are incorrect as far as my knowledge of DBZ goes. Also, I love the power up system and such, but I'm trying to figure out a way to have to power up to gain power, I'm guessing in the form of charges or perhaps END reserve, and then use said power to use the ki attacks and the ki Aids. I'm a bit of a fanatic and I am trying to get as close as possible to the show mechanics...I know, I know, I'll probably never do that for another like 20 years but hey, I'm trying, right?

Originally posted by Prince_Bejita

Wow. That's really awsome. But, there are a few things that are incorrect as far as my knowledge of DBZ goes.

Hey, I did the best I could, all things considered.

I'm sorry if I came off as rude in my last comment. I only meant to point out one difference between ur system and the show. The SSj2 level was achieved by Gohan during the Cell games. The level that Bejita and Trunks reached was the 1.5. Some people call it Ultimate SSj I believe.They had the strength of and SSJ2, but they lacked the speed, which you know. SSj2 was achieved by Goku and Bejita during the Buu saga, when they fought each other. But seriously, I don't mean to put you down in any way. I would never have been able to do any of the things you had done. I bow down to your HERO knowledgedness.

Ah!!!

Not to be too nit-picky, but IT'S VEGITA!!! Not BEJITA

Rant=Finished

Sorry, I'm a big fan of the show (even though I have NO time to watch it).

Another way I handled Super Saiyan was an EC, like so:

Ki Energy MP (50 AP) 50 Points

u - Kamehameha Wave 10d6 (10 Points)

Super Saiyan EC 30 Points

1. Super Saiyan Level 1

STR +10, PD +5, ED +5, SPD +1

STR Doesn't Affect Figured CHAR (-1/2)

Costs END to Use (-1/2)

Ki Energy MP +20 AP

Kamehameha Wave +2d6

AP: 60

Cost After EC: 30

Final Cost: 15

END Cost: 6 per Phase

1. Super Saiyan Level 1

STR +10, PD +5, ED +5, SPD +1

STR Doesn't Affect Figured CHAR (-1/2)

Costs END to Use (-1/2)

Requires Super Saiyan 1 (-1/4)

Ki Energy MP +20 AP

Kamehameha Wave +2d6

AP: 60

Cost After EC: 30

Final Cost: 15

END Cost: 6 per Phase (12 Total)

This is an over-simplified method :-p - it doesn't take in to account the adjustments for EVERY single power in a MP

Re: Bejita

Well well well, I take it you've never seen his name written out in Kanji. There is no "V" in the Japanese language, hence, it's spelt Be-ji-ta. If you've ever seen it in Japanese you'd understand :-p.

Yes, but when the guys in Japan spell in "Vegita" I tend to go with that. Also, "Bejita" misses the whole point of the guy's name -- which is a play off of "vegatable."

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Bejita

Well well well, I take it you've never seen his name written out in Kanji. There is no "V" in the Japanese language, hence, it's spelt Be-ji-ta. If you've ever seen it in Japanese you'd understand :-p.

HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NEW BE IN ARGUMENT WITH SURBROOK OVER ANIME... [sarchasm]I WONDER WHO WILL WIN???[/sarchasm]HAAAA HAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AHHHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quick lets get him to go over and poke Morningstar in the eye!!!!!

THE EYE!!!!

NB: Just having fun at your expence

Originally posted by SuperBlue

OHHH... I thought you made the same mistake I did when I first started watching DBZ, I thought it was Begita too.

Idiot Feeling = True

Don't feel too bad. I once picked up an early DBZ video and saw that it had closed captioning. When I activated the CC function on my TV, Vegeta was called 'Prince Fujita'.

Re: Re: Re: Bejita

Originally posted by AnotherSkip

naaaaaaaaaah let's be even more evil and send him to the animated sauces heroes video thingy....

(the one with the ketchup girl in it.)

OR worse make him sit throught the Nenonen Vasectimy DVD with his running comentary feature.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bejita

Originally posted by Rage

OR worse make him sit throught the Nenonen Vasectimy DVD with his running comentary feature.

I hope you guys aren't talking about me, you'd make me angry - and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry *vein in temple throbbing*

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bejita

I hope you guys aren't talking about me, you'd make me angry - and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry *vein in temple throbbing*

Not me!

(And if his hair goes gold I'm leaving this universe for a safer one!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bejita

Originally posted by Susano

Not me!

(And if his hair goes gold I'm leaving this universe for a safer one!)

TOO LATE!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *Hair turns gold, eyes become blue-green, starts glowing*

Ah, if only it were true :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bejita

TOO LATE!

Yeah...

oh, and for all you NINJA HERO fans, Kayli the Destroyer was not, I repeat NOT meant to be a pastiche of DRAGONBALL Z. Nope. Not at all. Not one bit. No way, no how. I mean, would I lie?

:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bejita

Originally posted by Susano

Yeah...

oh, and for all you NINJA HERO fans, Kayli the Destroyer was not, I repeat NOT meant to be a pastiche of DRAGONBALL Z. Nope. Not at all. Not one bit. No way, no how. I mean, would I lie?

:D

So.... in a one-on-one fight between the Kayli and Vegita, who would win? My money is on Vegita, but only because he is far cooler than anyone else in the setting, with the possible exception of #18.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bejita

Originally posted by Black Rose

So.... in a one-on-one fight between the Kayli and Vegita, who would win? My money is on Vegita, but only because he is far cooler than anyone else in the setting, with the possible exception of #18.

Well, considering my "toned down" Vegita is around 1200 points, and Kayli is around 750.... Vegita cleans Kayli's clock in about a turn.

take a look: http://www.devermore.net/surbrook/dbzhero/dbzvegita.html

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bejita

TOO LATE!

has anyone else ever tried to power up or create clothes using their mind or is it just me?

Uh.... *slowly backs away from Rage... then turns and full out runs*

Well, at least there's not a full moon out tonight. Then, it is giant monkey time.

Which makes me glad that Susano diden't port that power over for Kayli. Can you imagion a 150 foot high female humaoid cat on a rampage? And, heven help us if she is in heat!