Your Character: The Action Figure

Cybernaut

Another variation on "what would your character do?"

If a toy company created an action figure in your character's likeness, what would it be like? What accessories would come with it? What special functions would it have built in? What kind of packaging would it come in?

I'll get back to you with mine later....

Re: Your Character: The Action Figure

I don't know about any of my characters, but I know what MY action figure would be like

Cailean Ban MacAoidh, the Ceannsluaigh

complete with kilt, blue bonnet (with plastic feathers), chainmail, gauntlets and a bardiche.

press a button on his back and he'd say one of a few selected phrases...

"Oi!"

"Roight!"

"Anish!" (gaelic for "Now!")

"Form Ranks"

"You maggots!"

"Pog ma thone!" (gaelic for "kiss my a$$")

"Buggering bastards"

And if you press down his head he lifts up his kilt.

:D

Rock Bottom: Manufactured by a vendor with an official contract with the City of Baltimore. Bulkier-looking than Rock actually is, to make him look more brickish. Costume is painted on, and it comes with a "boulder."

Calculus: Unofficial, probably a bottom feeder fly-by-night operation taking advantage of Calculus' low profile. Very low-grade, wrong colors, with a "space armor" attachment.

Mask of Justice: Nostalgia line by the campaign equivalent of Todd McFarlane. Loving detail, complete with gas gun and removable fedora. Way too expensive for actual kids to play with.

Kira Midori: Officially licensed toy. Comes in several packs: Cop Kira, Casual Kira and Beach Kira (she's not at all happy about that one.) Mattel is really hoping she gets a steady boyfriend soon, because Wedding Dress Kira should be especially lucrative.

Talion: After the factory making the prototype burned down, half-melted dolls circulate on the grey market. It's considered a very good likeness.

I got to remember the phrase Pog ma thone.

Hmm, lets see

Badger- green headband, flannel long-sleeve shirt over orange T-shirt, with blue jeans and deerskin moccasin-boots would probably be the basic outfit in battle. Head long hair (not quite shoulder-length, best described as shaggy)

Goatee. Not a bulky guy, more wiry strength. Would likely get "bulked" up for better sales. Swords (occasionally fights with 2) plus hand lights up (EB guy) maybe reflex action punch and /or kicks.

Frosty Bob- military fatigues with chaingun (sound included). complete with phrase "Is that all you got"

Troubadour would come with a snap-over tuxedo (his mask would not need to be removeable, since he wears it as a fashion accessory), a cutlass, and a CD of Jazz Standards.

The basic Spectrum figure probably wouldn't have too much in the way of cool stuff, but the "battle damaged" version would look like his suit was breached, allowing for all sorts of glow-in-the-dark effects. That one could also come with a toy geiger counter and an "emergency patch" kit.

Kira Midori: Officially licensed toy. Comes in several packs: Cop Kira' date=' Casual Kira and Beach Kira (she's not at all happy about that one.) Mattel is really hoping she gets a steady boyfriend soon, because Wedding Dress Kira should be especially lucrative.[/quote']

No "School Girl Kira"?

And I fear the results of the garage kit market.

Hmm... I don't see an Avalon figure but I can see a Midnite Maid (NH) one. They give her a bigger chest (of course), and a whole pile of ninja weapons (that she never uses in the real world). Oh, and the cheesy "Spring-loaded action!" version with colored fireballs is a must! By the same token I can see a Koyotie figure (authorized by the Canadian government as a PR bid?) complete with sword and removable body armor (with jumpsuit underneath).

We also joked about action figures in the Kazei 5 setting:

http://k5pbem.devermore.net/stories/turn13/PBEMomale_figures.html

Bingo the Clowno would be quite marketable.

There'd be the Balloon-headed version with a wind up propeller in the back...

The Stretch-Armstrong style stretchy version.

Another squishy version where you can squeeze various body parts and watch the others stretch and expand.

The version with the Clown-armor which Bingo never really uses.

The toy with Kung-fu action grip and a belly-button rocket that really fires.

I got to remember the phrase Pog ma thone.

Remember "Pog do thoin fein" while you're at it.

The Team F-up figure line would include:

Lillith with two leather outfits and her ghost sidekicks. Variant has swirly ghost shield

Cobalt withlight-up blue LED eyes and arm blaster. He comes with empty bourbon bottles and half a pack of smokes.

Palmer would come with removable alien battle armour and Jailbait skirt set. She would also have her laptop and remote weapons platform.

Captain Mysterion would come in a 2-pack with his "very good friend" Dr. Benedict. The chase figure would have Kid Mysterion instead of Benedict.

Ezekiel Lao, agent of ORACLE would come with his rail gun, ORACLE uniform, and battle-damaged flying car.

Cybernaut- 12" tall, fully articulate, and armed with a pair of spring-loaded, shoulder-mounted missile launchers garenteed to put someone's eye out (possible lawsuit/recall?). Also features glowing red eyes, gauntlet lasers with lights and sound f/x, Karate Chop Actionâ„¢, and buttons on the back for a suite of different battle cries, voice commands, taunts, and cheesy pick-up lines. :cool:

[blah blah blah] probably wouldn't [blah blah blah] funds to charity.

Uncle Slam, is a humble sort. But I can picture some company taking his image and completely blowing it out of proportion, tacking on horrible taglines like, "These colors never run!", "You're going to get burned by this flag!" and "Love it or leave it, Saddam!". He'd then be completely disgusted by it.

Anthem's would have inspiration sayings and homiles that we've all heard a thousand times, about believing in yourself, staying in school, and drinking your milk. It would be a big seller among pre-teen boys (and middle-aged men) who want to have her duke it out with catwoman.

Audra Blue would come complete with Superhero Base with action sounds and moving panels. While the real base is surrounded by a civic pond, the toy one would float in the bathtub. Audra would have tiny little cyberjacks that plug into the base equipment, and the screens in her room would use those little foil holograms to show things going on outside.

Cute. I like this thread.

While I haven't written this character up yet, I can defintly see the Queen of Spades as an action figure. Clad in her green/chrome battlearmor with her Scepter and her appropriately-sized jacked-out Nissan Titan "Jack of Diamonds". (Complete with pop-out weapons.)

Of course, I can see a different line doing her Secret ID as part of their 'Auto Babes' line of collector models. :rolleyes::D

(Don't worry about the specifics, and she is a Vibora Bay citizen--just a more true-to-concept superhero than the setting actually calls for.)