Question for you Traveller fans.

Herolover

Okay.

So with the release of the TravellerHERO pdf I am thinking about running a Traveller game. However, I haven't looked at Traveller since....well....a long time. MegaTraveller I think.

So, what do you think of what they are calling Traveller 4th edition. I got the main book...where are the alien species made up?

Second, I saw on the FutureNet website the books offered. Nice, but the books are a little pricey for me right now.

Basically I would like to see where I can get some information on the aliens in Traveller. What books do I need?

Re: Question for you Traveller fans.

Traveller 4th Edition AKA Marc Millers Traveller was a big disapointment in a lot of ways, poor editing and playtesting hurt what could have been a great product, along with the problems Imperium Games suffered due to a financial backer who lost a good deal of money in the asian stock markets a few years ago.

some of the books for T4 are great though

Emperors Arsenal

Imperial Squadrons

Pocket Empires

I will admit to being a bit biased on the latter two having helped playtested them

Psionic Institutes is also useful depending on the campaign your running, avoid the Starships book... theres an aliens book for T4 thats not bad for that matter, and for the basic CT aliens, the GT books are excellent resources

If you can find the CT Aliens books there very useful, but very out of print

all the Battle dress variants from the Traveller Hero book are taken from Emperors Arsenal for the specifications

Thanks for the information.

What I am actually looking for I guess is setting information especially on the aliens of Traveller. The Zhodani, Vagr, etc.

I got the Marc Miller's Traveller and Alien Archives. The main book appears to have very little setting info and mainly just a rule book. The Alien Archives book only talks about minor aliens.

What I am wondering, other than buying the books from Far Future.net, what books would I need for setting info and the info on the Zhodani, Vagr etc?

Guest voodoo54

The Gurps Traveller Line from SJ games is quite good. They have four different alien books covering the Vargr, Zhodani, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do any of you use the Classic Traveller reprints as a resource?

I don't own any of them, but not for lack of desire to. I still have some of the original little books, and for nostalgia value they are great. Boy do i rememebr spending a lot of time rolling up characters, incluidng watching them die for no apparent reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you use the Classic Traveller reprints as a resource?

I don't own any of them, but not for lack of desire to. I still have some of the original little books, and for nostalgia value they are great. Boy do i rememebr spending a lot of time rolling up characters, incluidng watching them die for no apparent reason.

I've only got the originals, and I have to say that the GURPS aliens books go into vastly greater detail. If you can find any of the Megatraveller aliens books that were published, those are great resources too.

I still have a boxfull of all the Megatraveller stuff as well as the 4th edition, which had potential. I especially liked the improved character generating system in 4th edition.

I can still remember trying to convince people to play the original game where you roll PC dice for twenty minutes and either die or have two skills at age fifty.

Hey, woah!

There's a TravellerHERO pdf?!:eek:

How do I get my grubby little hands on it?!?!?!?!

Go to the StarHero Fandom website to the Traveller Hero page

http://www.starherofandom.com/h_traveller/index.php[/url]

or go to the Freelance Traveller site

http://www.freelancetraveller.com/features/rules/convert/travhero.html