Character for Review and naming

JmOz

Okay, posted this on Dark Champs and got nill, so came over here

Campeign is a low powered supers, powers are permited but should be low key (Daredevil, Cage, etc...)

Player has given me very little imput on the character (Wanted a character that would fit in, be able to add what the party needed, be somewhat unique)

Character was originaly named after her weapon, but that was removed to make her more unique in the party (another player unhappy with her damage added a similar weapon to her UT belt). So gave her some DC's

Anyways, so review her, and let's work up a name for her

=p

Player:

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

23 DEX 39

20 CON 20

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

22 COM 6

15 PD 6

15 ED 5

5 SPD 17

7 REC 0

40 END 0

30 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 123

Cost Power

7 Tactical Radio: HRRP (Radio Group); OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Hearing (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 7

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

8 +2 HTH Damage Class(es)

4 Atemi Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 3d6 NND

4 Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 35 STR to Disarm

4 Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Knifehand Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 2d6

3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 6d6 Strike, Target Falls

4 Punch/Snap Kick: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7d6 Strike

5 Side/Spin Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 9d6 Strike

2 Weapon Element: Karate Weapons, Staffs

Martial Arts Cost: 42

Cost Skill

6 +2 with Martial Maneuvers

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Analyze: Style 13-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Combat Driving 14-

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 KS: Karate 13-

3 KS: Martial World 13-

3 PS: Computer Programer 13-

0 PS: Sensei (Everyman Skill) 11-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 SS: Computers/Computer Languages 13-

3 Seduction 12-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 12-

1 TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles

2 WF: Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons

Skills Cost: 64

Cost Perk

2 Fringe Benefit: Accredited Instructor, Black Belt

Perks Cost: 2

Cost Talent

12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

Talents Cost: 12

Total Character Cost: 250

Pts. Disadvantage

15 DNPC: Aging Parents 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

20 Hunted: Mafia 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: The Fox 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hatred of Rapists/Abusers/etc... (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of civilians (Common, Strong)

5 Reputation: Guardian of the Streets, 11- (Known Only To A Small Group)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 150

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Background: Liz grew up somewhat normaly, finding she had a knack for computers. At 21, strait out of college she got hired at a prestigious tech company as a computer programer. One night when she was leaving work she was accosted by a group of 6 guys, they quickly subdued her and had there way with her.

She swore it would never happen again, as a child she had taken Karate, and she decided to throw herself into training. Soon she was good, one of the best. She now works three jobs. During the day she is a computer program, on the weekends she teaches self defence classes to woman at the Y, and at night she is ***********, defending the streets from all the evil that exists

Re: Character for Review and naming

Darkangel was a 4E NPC vigilante. Also, maybe Midnight Angel.

If she's French and her MA style is Savate, she could be Fleur De Lis (4E again).

Not much in the personality/background skills to go with.

From a one on one combat game a ways back (Soul Caliber, I think) there was a female ninja named Taki. I did like that name. Perhaps "Fury" or "Scorn" from "Hell hath no fury...."

She doesn't have anything that stands out (a schtick). Maybe just call her Karate Kid?

Hrmm... nothing that stuck out. Reminds me of Midnite Maid (from Ninja Hero), but without the costume. There needs to be something that is her 'identifier'--what the papers might call her off-hand if she won't name herself.

The only thing that comes anywhere close is Sensei...

Whiplash... she's gonna hit those thugs so hard that's what they come of the fight with.

Hmm, I kind of like this. If you take away some of those martial maneuvers and give her a whip, this could work. She'd mainly attack with her whip (and MA maneuvers with it). When people say "take away the whip and she's helpless" they discover that she's not bad at the kicking and smacking around game either.

Or just keep her as she is and give her a DF: Really big breasts. :D

If she is defently a violent man-hater (or wants to come across as such), I would proably name her Stilito (after the knife, and add that weapion to her weapion locker).

If she is an explosive expert, Bombshell comes to mind (I am using that name for a deadly duo of a husban and wife superteroist named Crosshairs and Bombshell). But I guess you already have an explosives expert.

Humm...Vixen might work (female fox). Just don't call her the name which rimes with Witch, and means Female Dog.

If she is defently a violent man-hater (or wants to come across as such), I would proably name her Stilito (after the knife, and add that weapion to her weapion locker).

If she is an explosive expert, Bombshell comes to mind (I am using that name for a deadly duo of a husban and wife superteroist named Crosshairs and Bombshell). But I guess you already have an explosives expert.

Humm...Vixen might work (female fox). Just don't call her the name which rimes with Witch, and means Female Dog.

It's Stilletto, silly...

Anyway, how about Fem Fatale, since messing with her could prove...FATAL.

More about her, as said she is protective of the streets, and while she regrets killing it is sometime a sad necesity.

She is dedicated to making her neiborhood better, less crime, more children playing, etc...

Alot of the personality will come out in play, these are just hard points to start with

Anyways, anyone want to take a look at her stats?

Anyways, anyone want to take a look at her stats?

Well, from a mechanics POV:

Why a 14 EGO? Unless she expets to face mentalists, she might get something out of going down to a 13 and sinking 2 point into something else.

22 COM seems excessive, as 20 is already model beautiful and COM is rarely used in play. Drop that to 20 and EGO to 13 and she'd have her Combat Driving back.

I'd only charge her for the Blackbelt perk if I planned to have her standing in the Martial World come up in play.

I take it you're charging for equipment in this campaign, so paying for the radio makes sense.

I'd probably streamline her martial art a bit, drop the spin kick for another HtH DC or find some other use for the points. Still, if you like the flavor of it, no reason not to keep it.

Well, from a mechanics POV:

Why a 14 EGO? Unless she expets to face mentalists, she might get something out of going down to a 13 and sinking 2 point into something else.

22 COM seems excessive, as 20 is already model beautiful and COM is rarely used in play. Drop that to 20 and EGO to 13 and she'd have her Combat Driving back.

I'd only charge her for the Blackbelt perk if I planned to have her standing in the Martial World come up in play.

I take it you're charging for equipment in this campaign, so paying for the radio makes sense.

I'd probably streamline her martial art a bit, drop the spin kick for another HtH DC or find some other use for the points. Still, if you like the flavor of it, no reason not to keep it.

Ego is a good catch,

Yes I charge for equipment (it works as a nice balancer)

I think you are right about droping one of her perks (Probably keep them both, but call it a single 1 point, as I feel that would be about the right level for them in how they will be used in play)

I like the COM =)