Build your own "New Avengers"!

ParitySoul

Re: Build your own "New Avengers"!

What the heck, since the thread's been necromancied ...

Going with a classic 7-member roster:

LEADER: Captain America

POWERHOUSE: Wonder Man

TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Box/Madison Jeffries (assuming he's not with Alpha Flight at the time)

MAGICAL SUPPORT: You know, I really want to say Wanda, but really, she's just too unstable in terms of powers *and* mentality nowadays, and Dr. Strange has even higher responsibilities. I'm actually going to pick Dr. Druid.

SPACE OPERATIONS: Quasar

STEALTH OPERATIVE: The Vision

JUST BECAUSE I LIKE HIM: Machine Man

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big comics fan anymore, so some of my choices might be rather strange --

USAgent (Cap deserves some R&R)

Thunderstryke (Thor had taken his father's place, last I heard)

Warbird (air support brick)

WonderMan (air support brick)

X-Man (mystic/mentalist)

Tigra (what's her origin, anyway? were-tiger or something?)

Spider Woman (mystic?)

Or are going to do that one. ^^ (Funny thing is...we don't know who was in the team when Capt. Marvel and Songbird technically were members...or will be members. )

Damn, still screws with my head.

I thought Avengers Forever was a great Graphic Novel. I wish the X-Men would have something like it that explains decades of plot holes in continuity as well as telling a great story and predicting future team members.

From what I can tell in the GN, the future Avengers member presented in Avengers Forever are...

The wasp (Leader)

Songbird

Captain Marvel

Thor

Justice

& Jack of Hearts

I'm sure there are others, but those are the only ones shown / mentioned in the GN.

As far as my choice for New Avengers. They would be set slightly forward in Marvel continuity.

Justice (Leader) - He was a natural leader until Busiek turned him into a fanboy. I would love to see him return to leader status. With his wife Jessica (Firestar) retired and a young Astrovik at home, Vance is struggling with balancing the responsibilities of being an Avenger which he loves and being a better father than he had.

Magni - Thor's son comes to the Avengers to prove something to his father, now the King of Asgard.

Black Knight - The fourth Black Knight is from the future where the Atomic Knights are respected warriors and peacekeepers (like the Jedi Knights of the Old Republic). A decendant of Eobar Garrington, the Twelfth Century Black Knight Dane Whitman's spirit once inhabited, it was fate that he become the Black Atomic Knight. He wears a suit of powered armor that generates an energy blade as the tradional weapon of the Atomic Knights among other things.

Karnak - Half Human/Inhuman, Karnak joins the Avengers to experience life beyond the shadow of the Inhumans. He has stark philisophical differences with Magni.

Talisman - Opens up the mystic world to the Avengers, but Vance (Justice) doesn't trust her due to the events the team's last mystic heavy-hitter brought about (Avengers Disassembled)

Fantastigirl - Valeria Richards turns 18 and joins the ranks of the Avengers to break away from the FF. She controls cosmic energy to create energy fields and nuclear fire, but she has the potential to be as powerful as a herald of Galactus. But can family ties and family enemies really ever be severed?

Multiple Man - The Avengers don't just fight super criminals, they also help out in emergencies and who could provide more helping hands than Jamie Maddrox? Also, he is a great character and a great source of comedy.

My first instinct was to pick a classic Avengers line-up. But instead I think I'll go "outside the box" a bit...

I'll pick Cap, Iron Man and Hawkeye for the classics.

Next I'll pick Phoenix. (Jean Grey) Strong telepathic and uber telekinetic skills.

Pulsar. (Monica Rambeau) Energy powers and uber-speed.

And last, I'll pick one more powerhouse. Miracleman.*

*Yes, I know that's highly unlikely. But maybe one day if the rights issues are all cleared up, maybe Gaiman will give Marvel a crack at using the character in the 616 universe.