Ideas and advice for a Captain America Homage

humantorch101

Re: Ideas and advice for a Captain America Homage

Use a whip. "Uncle Sam can whip those Ratzis!" You can get the missile deflection from the whip just as easily as the shield plus you can have all the other power stunts [spinning it over your head to glide down, grabbing at range, snap flashes, etc]. He can have a sidekick called the "Young Whipper-snapper." :)

An indestructable robot Eagle!

It scouts! (Clarsentience!)

It attacks! (Indirect EB!)

It super attacks! (Big, non Indrect EB!)

It attacks multiple people! (EB AOE, Selective!)

It helps you attack! (Offensive Skill levels, Extra DC!)

It blocks! (Defensive Skill Levels, Missle Deflection, and Supress AOE attacks!)

It protects people! (Above, UBO!)

It has booster jets! (Gliding, only to avoid falling damage!)

It catches people! (Above, UBO!)

It picks up things! (Telekenisis, fine work!)

It's indestructible! (Not a focus, follower or duplicate! Restrainable -1/4!)

It perches dramatically on your arm when you enter! (Special effect!)

It lets other characters prove their worth when you're incapacitated, by helping them! (Usable By Others, with a -0 limitation!) (Normally you'd have to activate the UBO yourself, but you could give it to Psycho Claw Boy if you needed to. I'd call this one even)

It's a huge@$$ Multipower!

I may have to use this one myself, now. :)

---

"Blacksmith Tony sure did a @#$!!& job . . ."

Hi guys,

continuing with my homage thread I would like to pick your brains again. Im pretty certain im going to go with the name Uncle Sam and most of the Cap stick will be intact.

However I dont want to go with the shield, something different instead. any ideas?

rgds

Torch

The Freedom Force video game has Minuteman make good use of his cane/club. A stick is a pretty nice weapon in the right hands, and not too showy. A staff can be used offensively or defensively, and can help pole vault for those acrobatic moves.

If that doesn't fit your concept, and guns are too violent, you could try a rope. Sure, Wonder Woman may seem to have that "all tied up" (sorry, couldn't help myself) but it is a classic cowboy stichk, and cowboys and America are often linked. A bullwhip might also do, but if you are trying to make a symbol of it, then that's probably going to be viewed negatively.

My own opinion is that the classic American personal 'weapons' are either guns, or barehanded. The shield is great because it denotes defense, even when it's used offensively.A guy with a shield in his hand gives the appearance of trying to protect something or someone, even if its only himself. Compared to this, a guy with a sword or other weapon in his hand appears to be out to hurt or kill someone. The former is usually seen as 'nicer' :)

An indestructable robot Eagle!

It scouts! (Clarsentience!)

It attacks! (Indirect EB!)

It super attacks! (Big, non Indrect EB!)

It attacks multiple people! (EB AOE, Selective!)

It helps you attack! (Offensive Skill levels, Extra DC!)

It blocks! (Defensive Skill Levels, Missle Deflection, and Supress AOE attacks!)

It protects people! (Above, UBO!)

It has booster jets! (Gliding, only to avoid falling damage!)

It catches people! (Above, UBO!)

It picks up things! (Telekenisis, fine work!)

It's indestructible! (Not a focus, follower or duplicate! Restrainable -1/4!)

It perches dramatically on your arm when you enter! (Special effect!)

It lets other characters prove their worth when you're incapacitated, by helping them! (Usable By Others, with a -0 limitation!) (Normally you'd have to activate the UBO yourself, but you could give it to Psycho Claw Boy if you needed to. I'd call this one even)

It's a huge@$$ Multipower!

I may have to use this one myself, now. :)

---

"Blacksmith Tony sure did a @#$!!& job . . ."

I love this idea, mmm what should he be called?

rgds

Torch