Shazam!

MartianWarlord

Ok Guys,

This seems to be a timeless question, and I appologise if it's ben hit ad nauseum, but I'd like to know your oppinion:

Say your going to create Captain "Shazam!" Marvel, you know, the REAL one. Do you:

a) Create Cap with the Billy Batson ID as a multiform...

or

B) Create Cap then establish Billy either as a limited shapeshift/instant change?

or

c) Billy's a special effect, like the lightning bolt. You're WAY over-thinking this!

PS. I'm looking for that cool Jeff Smith Captain Marvel pic for wallpaper. Can't seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Shazam!

Part of me suggests a Multiform with Captian Marvel as the Main Form and Billy Batson as the second form. Billy would just be the "default" form.

Part of this is it seems that Billy and Whitebread have displayed 2 sets of personalities. They are aware of each other, but there has always been a rather distinct seperation.

You could argue that this doesn't really hold true much these days (especially after Kingdom Come, explored the child-like nature of Captain Marvel). In that case I would build all the Marvel Powers on an OIHID.

Just my humble opinion.

Part of me suggests a Multiform with Captian Marvel as the Main Form and Billy Batson as the second form. Billy would just be the "default" form.

Part of this is it seems that Billy and Whitebread have displayed 2 sets of personalities. They are aware of each other, but there has always been a rather distinct seperation.

You could argue that this doesn't really hold true much these days (especially after Kingdom Come, explored the child-like nature of Captain Marvel). In that case I would build all the Marvel Powers on an OIHID.

Just my humble opinion.

Cap is Billy with the Wisdom of Solomon trying his best to act like an adult. Actually, it seems to me he's gotten so used to it, he's matured as a person and isn't really "acting" so much. That's how I interpret the two entities.

As far as power build, I think "How does it work?" His powers can be stripped, his transformation has been interrupted. The Lightning Bolt has been used as a weapon and a tool. I don't know how I'd model that. OHID I guess.

Using the OIHID idea... just stick it in there seperately as a Linked Cosmetic Shapeshift with an Indirect EB' date=' Personal Immunity.[/quote']

Depending on which version of Billy you want, you could have a two slot Multipower with a level of Shrinking (0 END, Persistent, not in Hero ID) and some bonus PRE, or some other power, (OIHID).

If Nucleon had to "do" the World's Mightiest Mortal (indeed), He would first build a credible Billy at 50 pts max, then buy all add-ons OIHID, including some skills (Deduction comes to mind), reflecting the fabled Wisdom of Solomon.

Nucleon would also build some of the Big Red Cheese's power overheads with, as limitations; Only if sole possessor of the Wizard's Power At The Time (-½, if there are 2 other potential "Marvels" in action. Kind of cuts into super-slacking time, thought).

Then, Nucleon would built his fabled "Shazam Grab-bolt" as such, a no-ranged E-blast, maybe with an activation or skill roll.

Verily, Nucleon is rather fond of this character.

:saturn:

If Nucleon had to "do" the World's Mightiest Mortal (indeed), He would first build a credible Billy at 50 pts max, then buy all add-ons OIHID, including some skills (Deduction comes to mind), reflecting the fabled Wisdom of Solomon.

Nucleon would also build some of the Big Red Cheese's power overheads with, as limitations; Only if sole possessor of the Wizard's Power At The Time (-½, if there are 2 other potential "Marvels" in action. Kind of cuts into super-slacking time, thought).

Then, Nucleon would built his fabled "Shazam Grab-bolt" as such, a no-ranged E-blast, maybe with an activation or skill roll.

Verily, Nucleon is rather fond of this character.

I wouldn't even worry about the limitation in regard to sole possession of the powers. If you cut CM's strength in half he only goes down 5 strength [in my game from 125 to 120]. That's not enough to make a dent in the character, IMO. It's better to just treat the sole possession as a physical limitation: 5 point decreased powers when sharing with 1 other, 10 points with 2.

I wouldn't even worry about the limitation in regard to sole possession of the powers. If you cut CM's strength in half he only goes down 5 strength [in my game from 125 to 120]. That's not enough to make a dent in the character' date=' IMO. It's better to just treat the sole possession as a physical limitation: 5 point decreased powers when sharing with 1 other, 10 points with 2.[/quote']

By the Suns, this appears quite valid to Nucleon. However, He thinks that the "sharing of power" thingie is more a limitation per se than a disavantage.

Furthermore, it's not like Nucleon's cutting CM's powers in half; He rathers multiplies them times two (figuratively speaking, of course)!

:D

By the Suns' date=' this appears quite valid to Nucleon. However, He thinks that the "sharing of power" thingie is more a [i']limitation[/i] per se than a disavantage.

Furthermore, it's not like Nucleon's cutting CM's powers in half; He rathers multiplies them times two (figuratively speaking, of course)!

:D

My point was you start at the full-power Captain Marvel and then decide what he loses when Mary and Jr and Uncle are sucking up the Shazam power too. :)

Since Hero's strength is linear to cut his strength in half only requires a decrease of 5 points. So a 125 str CM who can lift 800 ktons becomes a 120 str CM who can only lift 400 ktons when Mary has some power too. It's not like his strength goes from 120 to 60 at those times. That's why I don't think it deserves a limitation. If I did give it a limitation it would be more like:

Multiple Users: +20 strength, based on the number of users [+5 for 4, +10 for 3, +15 for 2, +20 for 1]: -1/2

But to me all that Hero-speak is too complicated. :)

Multiple Users: +20 strength, based on the number of users [+5 for 4, +10 for 3, +15 for 2, +20 for 1]: -1/2

Granted, that's also a great idea (and reasoning).

There is also the limitation "No Conscious Control" that can be used in a more abstract way. So much valid ways, Nucleon ponders...

OIHID and MF are both valid, and I don't see one as more correct than the other. Both are legal, and both get the job done.

However, given the choice, I would personally choose Multiform. It is far easier to handle two character sheets than one sheet COVERED in exceptions, IMHO. It's simpler and cleaner.

- Cappy

However' date=' given the choice, I would personally choose Multiform. It is far easier to handle two character sheets than one sheet COVERED in exceptions, IMHO. It's simpler and cleaner.[/quote']

It's pretty easy to have three character sheets, one which has Billy (with no points statted out), a second with Cap (no points statted out) and a third with all the gamespeak, including OIHID abilities.

It's pretty easy to have three character sheets' date=' one which has Billy (with no points statted out), a second with Cap (no points statted out) and a third with all the gamespeak, including OIHID abilities.[/quote']

Plus, how often will you really need Billy's character sheet? Outside of some needing some skill/cha rolls it's not as if we will see Billy doing much slam-bang action. :)