Marvel's Best "Bricks"

Hermit

Re: Marvel's Best "Bricks"

Deadpool 'Unstoppable?!! Unstoppable?!! I think not. Lemme see. The X-Men stopped you three times...ok, that was mostly Jean Grey and Wolverine and Psylocke...Spiderman has stopped you three times...I have stopped you TWICE so far and probably on my third time as I speak!'

The Unstoppable Juggernaut Grrrr...

POW!!!

Deadpool 'Ouch...ok, so I only stopped you twice so far...

:D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel's 10 best bircks...hmmm...let's see:

1) The Hulk (not a huge fan of the charcter, myself, and especially not of the recent psychbable stories but he is the archetype, Marvel wise and the strongest of all bricks..although everyone else on the list would argue that, too)

2) The Thing (I think someone here mentioned that the term"brick" must have been copped from Ben's appearance and he is the purest brick in Marvel. If you were to have to designa classic, archetyapl brick for Champs he'd proabaly look more like Ben than anyone else. A classic.)

3) Thor (Even in the Avenger's he's "in a class of his own". Probably has more raw power than any other brick, except maybe Hulk although the next guy may be able to debate that...)

4) Wonder Man (Probably my all-time fave character and he's never been used right save for in the most fleeting of moments most notably when he fought Korvac. I mean, this guy was designed to be as powerful as all the original Avengers combined (at the time he was said to have Thor's hitting power, Giant Man's STR, Cap's agility and fighting skill! (we should see more of that), transistorized jets like Shellhead ( I guess Zemo counted that) and maybe the Wasp's hair style or something (Zemo never covered that base either.) Anyway he should be the best and I kepp holding out hope that someday he'll be used properly.)

5) The Vision (Easily the coolest brick concept of them all. For years he was "the man" in the Avenger's and his powers and skill still put most bricks to shame.)

6) Sasquatch (The coolest gamma guy of all, including the Hulk. In his first appearance he stopped and lifted a DC10 at full thrust...one handed it looks like...and then threw it a couple of hundred yards. That's scary strong and I don't know why they've mauled and mangled him since. Now he's got a bit of the same underachiever complex Wondy has. But there was a time...)

7) Namor (The original Marvel brick and still one of the coolest characters around. As storng as the Hulk in water and way smarter and a much better fighter. In his book he was called Marvel's First and Mightiest Mutant...which is a complete load of crap but it sounds cool. Still the smart money is always on Namor even against guys like the Hulk and Thor..although Wondy did punch his lights out in the classic Avenger's 155!)

8) Juggernaut (The anti-Hulk and possibly the strongest brick on Earth. For purity of concept he rivals the thing, although the mystical orgin is bit wacky.)

9) Thundra (The best female brick in Marvel and much more fun than Wonder Woman. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Ben that he's isn't all over the leggy 7 footer. I mean she's practically thrown herself at him and he keeps going moping back to Alicia. I think he's gay.)

Damn there's still so many good choice but I'll go with

10) Rogue (In her debut she mopped the floor with the Avengers and, for a while, she was portrayed as what she is, maybe the most powerful mutant on Earth. Another great character who's been mangled almost beyond recognition.)

1. Thing – Best darn brick out there, in any book (AFAIC, that is).

2. Submariner – Only rarely used to his full potential (IMO), but one of the tops, and one of the first

3. Hulk – C’mon…he held up a friggin’ mountain once.

4. Sasquatch - Always liked him better than Beast

5. Luke Cage – The best “street” level brick around.

6. Colossus – How can you not love a dorky Russian made of metal?

7. Juggernaut – The best bad-guy brick, IMO.

8. The Wrecking Crew – Yeah, all of ‘em. I just love those guys.

9. Thor, I guess. Wouldn’t be a good list without him, I’m thinking.

Note that #10 is a tie between several femmes:

10a. She Hulk, cuz she's hot and green and I think vastly underrealized as a character (until recently, that is)

10b. Warbird, cuz she's hot and blond and I think vastly underrealized as a character (until recently, that is...new series for her comin' out soon)

10c. Rogue, cuz she's hot and Southern and I think vastly...crap, you get the idea.