Marvel's Best "Bricks"

Hermit

Fah...

Enough of Martial Artists.... they begin to bore us (To the point that we are refering to ourselves in the plural just to pass the time).

Instead, let us ask you who your choice of top ten Bricks (as Champions players use the term) in the Marvel Universe would be. While Strength is a big factor (If not THE biggest), also take into account others such as invulnerablity, durability, tenacity, good background, and purity (That is, they should be predominantly a brick type).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Marvel's Best "Bricks"

Ok, ok...I'll do a list of Coolest bricks and include more than one character. Hmm, I see a lot of villains being included. Neat... :think:

1. The Thing (natch)

2. Sasquatch

3. The Juggernaut

4. (Professor) Hulk

5. Strong Guy

6. Crusher Creel, The Absorbing Man

7. Thor

8. Colossus

9. Captain Britain

10. Doc Samson

11. Luke Cage, Power Man

12. Atlas

This more of a "cool in my view" list.

1. Ever Luvin Blue Eyed Thing.

2. She-Hulk (Sexy, Smart, Fun and Emerald thighed)

3. Nova (Overpowered and Unemployed)

4. Thor (Yay Verily!)

5. Colossus (Now that he's back to the noble guy we know and love)

6. The Vision (Who folks forget could go toe to toe with heavy hitters)

7. Hercules (When he's not being portrayed as a moron)

8. The Hulk (He's got my sympathy)

9. The Blob (Because the Juggernaut is over rated ;) )

10. Juggernaut (Because he's not THAT over rated)

As for a "Who would win" list?

1. Sentry... or so Marvel keeps telling us.

2. Hulk (Green is a safe bet)

3. Juggernaut (#$#$ing unstoppable smug guy)

4. The Thing (If he had to, he'd be in the top five by tenacity alone)

5. Gladiator (Too bad he doesn't know that Mohawks are out)

6. Thor (Loses some points because he'd pull out the lightning)

7. Hercules (Love him, but would probably bite off more than he can chew at once)

8. Colossus (Depends on how smart or rash he's being written)

9. She-Hulk (Actually, she should probably be further up. I hear she bulked up)

10. Nova (It would be his bad luck to end up in the finals facing all these guys)

Shulkie did bulk up, near the middle of the previous volume of her current comic. She had to fight the Champion so she worked out as Jennifer Walters, figuring that since She-Hulk was just her normal self only exponentially stronger, bulking up in normal form would translate as more muscle in super form. She later defeated Champion, but only because she got him to give up the Power Gem. See by his own rules he was cheating since he only won the previous combats in that issue thanks to the Power Gem. No weapons allowed y'see.

Well, might change at any time, but:

1) The Thing. The first comic book anthology I can clearly remember reading was a collection of the first 12 or so issues of the Fantastic Four, hard cover, small, black and white interior. I must have been around 8 or 9. Loved it, and Ben was my favorite character. He's as close to a pure brick as you can get.

2) The Hulk. A classic archetype, and a classic power fantasy. No matter how Marvel retcons, for me the Hulk will alway be the strongest one of all.

3) Thor. He probably should go lower because he's a weapon user and not "Pure", but he's another classic character I always enjoyed.

4) She-Hulk. Sexy, smart, funny and athletic. What more could you want?

5) Wonderman. He should be in the big leagues, but he never quite gets there. I've based more than one character on him.

6) Juggernaut. Based plenty of characters on him as well, and I liked his style. No slouch in the raw power department either.

7) Namor. the first major Supervillain turned Superhero, complex and conflicted. Flying brick with trimmings.

8) Marvel's Gladiator. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a Supeman tribute, and the idea of a Hero who isn't "ours" appeals to me.

9) Herc. He's kind of an also-ran in Marvel, but he's still at least a tribute to one of the great original Bricks.

10) Vision. I loved the power set, and his nature as a tribute character. I undestand he's been retconned multiple times since I was a fan, but I intend to ignore that; to me, he will always be the original Human Torch reborn with the mental imprint of Wonderman, married to the Scarlet Witch.