Steam Toys

ghost-angel

Crabfu Steamtoys.

From my underground cyberpunk connections I dragged this out of the dark corners for all your Pulpish needs set in the late 19th Century.

At least until the Victorian Hero forum get set up when that sourcebook is written this was the closest things.

Consider it resources for ideas on how real steam powered things might work. :thumbup:

Re: Steam Toys

Eventually I'd very much like to do VH. It's all a question of whether the sales would justify the extensive research (and thus investment of my personal money and the company's time). Hopefully one day it'll be deemed feasible.

You've got garaunteed sales in Tregbuchet and myself. That's all you need really. We are that cool after all.

:D

(I too hope it is one day deemed feasible, a good Victorian resource would just rock)

I managed to derail my own thread... I can't tell if that's talent or just sad... :o

(I too hope it is one day deemed feasible' date=' a good Victorian resource would just rock)[/quote']Yes, it certainly would. I'm probably going to snag a copy of GURPS Steampunk :eek: simply because so far as I know there's no other even quasi-Victorian roleplaying resource available. :(

I managed to derail my own thread... I can't tell if that's talent or just sad... :o
I think it's both. :D

so far as I know there's no other even quasi-Victorian roleplaying resource available.

Well, I don't know what you mean by "resource," but plenty of Victorian RPGs have been produced in the past 30 years. One reason no one's rushing to do lots more of them is that they haven't succeeded.

One "resource" I will unhesitatingly recommend is Comme il Faut for Castle Falkenstein, which for my money is one of the best supplements ever produced for any game. It's a guide to Victorian conduct, manners, morals, and society for the CF game, but it's virtually all historically accurate except where it obviously impinges on the magic or steamtech of the setting. If we were to ever to publish VH I might be tempted to try to work out a deal with Mike Pondsmith to revise CiF and publish it for VH.

Well, I don't know what you mean by "resource," but plenty of Victorian RPGs have been produced in the past 30 years. One reason no one's rushing to do lots more of them is that they haven't succeeded.

One "resource" I will unhesitatingly recommend is Comme il Faut for Castle Falkenstein, which for my money is one of the best supplements ever produced for any game. It's a guide to Victorian conduct, manners, morals, and society for the CF game, but it's virtually all historically accurate except where it obviously impinges on the magic or steamtech of the setting. If we were to ever to publish VH I might be tempted to try to work out a deal with Mike Pondsmith to revise CiF and publish it for VH.

High praise indeed. I'll look for that.

BTW, congrats on your ascension. Has anyone shown you the Nectar & Ambrosia List? :)

BTW, congrats on your ascension. Has anyone shown you the Nectar & Ambrosia List?

Nope, 'fraid not.

The ironic thing is that the big benefit of having 100 Rep or more -- being able to instantly ping someone up one Rep level -- is lost on me, because as a matter of policy I don't give people Rep. C'est la vie. :nonp:

The Victorian RPG resource I use the most is Chaosium's Cthulhu by Gaslight.

There's also Marcus Rowland's Forgotten Futures http://www.forgottenfutures.com/

Incidentally, I've just noticed this page: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/forgottenfutures/kings/kings.htm

There's got to be a Pulp scenario in there, surely?

Oh yeah. There's also Western Hero. ;)

EDIT: And the Flashman books!

Eventually I'd very much like to do VH. It's all a question of whether the sales would justify the extensive research (and thus investment of my personal money and the company's time). Hopefully one day it'll be deemed feasible.

I'm in!!! I'll buy 10! Hey the best game I everplayed (as a player) was a Victorian/Steam Punk game.

BTW,for resource material, the GURPS SteamPunk and SteamTech are 2 of the best. Thqats the system we used for the game. As good as it was, yeah, still would have preferred Hero…

Anti-garrote collar…classic!

:D