Force Bubble

Old Man

How do you create Force Bubbles like Violet from the Incredibles?

--

I also seemed as if she could stop attacks so long as she was conscious.

How would you make a Force Wall or Bubble that protected those around you but you took damage to END, STUN/BOD in order to keep the wall up. I know Feedback kind of does this but doesn't the Force Wall drop if damage goes through?

Re: Force Bubble

How do you create Force Bubbles like Violet from the Incredibles?

--

I also seemed as if she could stop attacks so long as she was conscious.

How would you make a Force Wall or Bubble that protected those around you but you took damage to END, STUN/BOD in order to keep the wall up. I know Feedback kind of does this but doesn't the Force Wall drop if damage goes through?

The force wall only goes down if the body exceeds the DEF value. With the feedback option, the Force Wall essentially acts like a Force Field as far as protecting the character.

- Christopher Mullins

What I think Violet has is a high PD Force Wall with Feedback. I'm not sure what the ED would be, but it's at least enough to cut off an energy based Entangle as a power stunt. Actually, a lot of what she did with it would be considered a power stunt of some kind, so she's certain to have the skill Power: Force Field Tricks.

She may or may not have had LS: Self Contained Breathing, UBO, AoE (radius), Linked to Force Wall, as it might have just been playing around (using the Power skill) when she captured smoke.

You might also consider some Telekenesis. I'm not too familiar with force wall but it's not really made for physically pushing things is it? Another upside to using TK is she only uses the END when repelling stuff which seems to simulate what you want.

I don't recall Violet using her Force Bubbles to move anything. The closest she came was when she englobed both Dash and herself, and Dash used the globe as a Force Wall Hamster Ball. For that, I'd just as it's a matter of taking advantage of SFX.

You could build it as a force field with sfx that it looks like a bubble and the Protects Carried Items adder or UBO to allow others to get inside. That way it feeds back and will always be up while you are conscious no matter how much BODY it takes.

The only problem with that is when dealing with certain HTH attacks (such as Grab), Entangles and anything that does KB.

I think somewhere in the rules it says that a Force Wall that meets it's own ends (i.e., is six hex-sides long and forms a circle) can be considered to be a globe. I don't think Force Wall requires UBO, either, which might make it a bit cheaper and easier to build.

If you take "damage to END", I'd just buy no reduced endurance, or maybe costs extra END, and SFX the "takes damage" part. (It's been a while since I've seen The Incredibles so I forget how exactly Violet's Force Powers worked.)

Some of her other powers might not be Force Wall at all, but TK, or EB based on PD, or something similar with the "Force Wall" SFX.

I agree that the the hamster ball thing Dash did was probably a power stunt roll by both, or maybe a teamwork roll (they were brother and sister, after all).

The only problem with that is when dealing with certain HTH attacks (such as Grab)' date=' Entangles and anything that does KB.[/quote']

You are right: you could simply buy extra DCV v Grab and entangle though, and KBR. To be honest I'm not sure that a non-anchored force wall (like a bubble) would protect you from KB anyway.

You are right: you could simply buy extra DCV v Grab and entangle though' date=' and KBR. To be honest I'm not sure that a non-anchored force wall (like a bubble) would protect you from KB anyway.[/quote']

Well, normally, Force Walls aren't supposed to be movable at all. It requires special GM permission to have it move if centered on one's self. Whatever the case, the attack will hit the Force Wall, not the character, so it would have to be th wall taking KB, and there is no mechanic to determine that. It just doesn't happen.

I think somewhere in the rules it says that a Force Wall that meets it's own ends (i.e., is six hex-sides long and forms a circle) can be considered to be a globe. I don't think Force Wall requires UBO, either, which might make it a bit cheaper and easier to build.

If you take "damage to END", I'd just buy no reduced endurance, or maybe costs extra END, and SFX the "takes damage" part. (It's been a while since I've seen The Incredibles so I forget how exactly Violet's Force Powers worked.)

Some of her other powers might not be Force Wall at all, but TK, or EB based on PD, or something similar with the "Force Wall" SFX.

I agree that the the hamster ball thing Dash did was probably a power stunt roll by both, or maybe a teamwork roll (they were brother and sister, after all).

For the most part her force fields behaved like Force Wall. She could even create them in different shapes (we see multiple instances of both flat planes and full globes).

As has been said there was one instance when they moved in the force field (even mowing over the parents). I agree that this is probably just doable with a GM dramatic call or possible a use of the Power skill.

There was also a case when her force field got hit really hard and she got knocked out by it, but I think that is the only case when we see any evidence of her taking damage due to a hit on the force field. I would say that is actually likely to be a case of the character Pushing and taking Stun because of the excessive End it required. Otherwise I think the bullets and things that hit her force field would probably have had some visible effect, as Violet didn't show much evidence of being very tough (either in terms of high Stun or due to having high personal defenses).

Violet's force wall is just a regular force wall, as far as I'm concerned; no feedback is needed or warranted. She doesn't seem to take any damage at all from regular attacks, such as gunfire. The only time she took damage was when the Omnidroid smashed her hard enough to effectively break down her force wall. At that point, all the force wall does is subtract its PD just as a force field would; she takes the rest of the (considerable) damage on the chin, and gets (rightly) stunned / soft-KOed.

Force Walls can move, they just have no STR associated with them. I.e., you can't push people or objects aside and you can't use it for a move through.

Here's a thought: buy EB vs PD, with extra knock back. Then add AoE, and make the AoE a line of hexes. Now instead of making the line point away from you like a beam weapon, turn the line side ways so it sticks out on the left and right in front of you like a wall. Make it Continous, and you can run around sweeping people in front of you into the AoE field. Link it to Force Wall to actually provide some protection.

Expensive, but maybe charges (twice per day?) would get the cost under control, and simulate a tiring power the character can't use too often.

Here's a thought: buy EB vs PD, with extra knock back. Then add AoE, and make the AoE a line of hexes. Now instead of making the line point away from you like a beam weapon, turn the line side ways so it sticks out on the left and right in front of you like a wall. Make it Continous, and you can run around sweeping people in front of you into the AoE field. Link it to Force Wall to actually provide some protection.

Expensive, but maybe charges (twice per day?) would get the cost under control, and simulate a tiring power the character can't use too often.

Well, as a minor correction you'd have to make it Indirect also, or it's only going to affect things inside your FW. Increased Knockback might also be nice. OTOH a simple AoE TK might do the job just as well. :)

Violet's force wall is just a regular force wall' date=' as far as I'm concerned; no feedback is needed or warranted. She doesn't seem to take any damage at all from regular attacks, such as gunfire. The only time she took damage was when the Omnidroid smashed her hard enough to effectively break down her force wall. At that point, all the force wall does is subtract its PD just as a force field would; she takes the rest of the (considerable) damage on the chin, and gets (rightly) stunned / soft-KOed.[/quote']

Well, the ombidroid would have also smashed her brother if that was the case, unless you think its body smash wasn't an AoE attack. I think she Pushed her FW really hard and knocked herself out with the enormous End Cost (and that, of course, caused the FW to turn off at the end of the Segment).

Well' date=' the ombidroid would have also smashed her brother if that was the case, unless you think its body smash wasn't an AoE attack. I think she Pushed her FW really hard and knocked herself out with the enormous End Cost (and that, of course, caused the FW to turn off at the end of the Segment).[/quote']

I think it was a movie, not a role-playing game.

:D

What?

Really though, nobody's wrong here. Well, unless they are saying that Violet's FW is an AoE Continuous RKA.

I don't recall Violet using her Force Bubbles to move anything. The closest she came was when she englobed both Dash and herself' date=' and Dash used the globe as a Force Wall Hamster Ball. For that, I'd just as it's a matter of taking advantage of SFX.[/quote']

When Dash was running around the table real fast she used her force field to stop him, then as others mentioned there was the hampster ball scene. That seems like TK to me.

Have to watch the movie again, but what about Force FIELD, with the protects caried for the hamster ball effect, essentialy she is holding onto Dash, letting him do extra damage via the Move through rules (no wories about damage while sis is protecting me)

I would probably do it as a MP with FW, FF, maybe even an EB...

Nah, Force Wall 2"x1" wrapped into a 1 hex bubble works just fine for the hamster ball.

Starting out, Violet would have a FW power and an invisibility power. (Teen champs and all, not many power frameworks there.) As she matures I can see her getting a bunch of force tricks to go with it and expands the FW into an MP.