Welcome home, Champions

Acroyear

Originally posted by Monolith

I think many of us made them out of pics we had on our computer,

That's what I did, I have upwards of 2500 scanned superhero images on my computer. It was a hard choice.

Looks like you used Gamma, the Atom Smasher from Freedom City for yours, Mono.

*I'll heap praise upon someone who can guess who I used for my avatar. He's known, but somewhat obscure.*

Originally posted by Starlord

That's what I did, I have upwards of 2500 scanned superhero images on my computer. It was a hard choice.

You are about 2,000 ahead of me then. :) I only steal pics from RPG sites that I can use for my player's characters and villains. I do not have too many comic book characters in the collect.

Originally posted by Edsel

Yeah it's rough. I don't usually post that often and it took me quite a while to get beyond incompent, right now I'm just trying to find anything I can offer an opinion on so I can make it up to skilled. It just doesn't feel right to use Dredd as an avatar and not be rated as at least skilled.

Heh! Gives me a chance to compete with you old-timers.:D

Guest Champsguy
Originally posted by archer

You guys think you have it rough? I was Cosmically Powerful.

Yeah, bitch bitch bitch.

I was the first member of the Double Millenium Club.

Originally posted by Monolith

I think many of us made them out of pics we had on our computer, but Mike B. posted a nice link which you might find handy.

http://forums.legacynexus.com/avatars/comavatars.html

You could also make your own with Paint:D

And remember it's not the size of your post that matters but how you use it;)

Re: Well....

Originally posted by Hermit

We COULD always pretend to be sympathetic to each other's loss in status, and use the consoling as a means of getting at least one free post in...

Mmmmm...

There, there guys... I feel your pain. ;)

nonono...I feel my pain.

and yours too. I love pain...oh wait...nope, I hate pain. Hey this posting is easy.. I should be cosmically powerful after the weekend....

Originally posted by Captain Photon

I have a question guys..........where do I get myself an Avatar as cool as those I've seen on the board?

Find yourself a nice artist friend who can do stuff for you..... ;-)

I do have to brag for my friend, he finally got published- in two gaming books (Dragon Lore and Necromantic Lore). Go Blaine.

But of course the link above had some nice stuff, for those who never spent the points on contact: artist friend. :-)

Originally posted by Lord Mhoram

Find yourself a nice artist friend who can do stuff for you..... ;-)

I do have to brag for my friend, he finally got published- in two gaming books (Dragon Lore and Necromantic Lore). Go Blaine.

But of course the link above had some nice stuff, for those who never spent the points on contact: artist friend. :-)

Yeah, having an artist friend has its advantages. :) My friend doesn't do computer art for the most part. So mine is a section taken from an watercolour (I think...I'm not an artist) she did for me years ago...scanned it in and cut out the bit I wanted. :D

The really cool thing is that she is also a gamer, and so can usually be talked into doing posterboard minis for our characters. :) With any luck she'll get some work out of HERO sometime in the future...I finally browbeat her into sending in her portfolio. She's done work for several game companies in the past (Iron Crown, Chaosium, AEG, and others) but never HERO, her favourite game.

I just got lucky that one of the online comics I regularly read was looking for "volunteers" to be Bandits in a Xena paraody strip. So, I became a comic strip character. After that, it was easy to create my avatar.

Actually, my first avatar was kinda crude. The artist's boyfriend also has his own strip, and didn't like seeing his girfriend's art looking so crude. So he took my clip of her art and facied it up and smoothed it out. I've been using this avatar for a while on different boards. I had to compress it for this board. It's normally something like 100 x100.

Doc