Summon Vehicle...

Re: Summon Vehicle...

He'd probably be better off not buying Summon. Better to buy a MegaScale Teleport with one Fixed Location (wherever I am), with a Trigger (when I call you), and some enchanced sense to detect the Trigger condition (such as High Range Radio Hearing). Adding that to the Vehicle would almost surely be less expensive than buying both the vehicle and a Summon big enough to call the vehicle.

A player in my campaign wants to be able to summon his vehicle from a great distance(a motorcycle). Is using Summon for this legal? If so, how does it work? If not, how can I build it?

Rob

Yes, it's legall...but it's also the official stance that if you Summon something like a vehicle, which has no free will of its own, you must apply the "Slavishly Loyal (+1)" modifier and the "Specific Being (+1)" modifier.

Well, he can just buy the Summon, paying for the vehicle that way.

180 Flag My Ride: Summon 300-point creatures, Specific Being (+1), Slavishly Devoted (+1) (180 Active Points) 18 END

He shouldn't be required to pay for both the Summon and the Vehicle any more than a necromancer would need to pay for both the Summon and a Follower: Ghost.

The Specific Being advantage may be waved by some GMs as well. Add "Must Arive Under Own Power" and give the vehicle a computer to pilot it, and you can have a sort of KIT tribute.

Yes' date=' it's legall...but it's also the official stance that if you Summon something like a vehicle, which has no free will of its own, you must apply the "Slavishly Loyal (+1)" modifier and the "Specific Being (+1)" modifier.[/quote']

Per TUV p27 you only need Slavishly Loyal.

The cost of the Summon is based on the cost of the vehicle, not the cost of the vehicle/5.

The biggest different I see between buying a Vehicle Perk and a Summon Vehicle is the Summon costs twice as much for the added benefit of being able to "call it" whenver you want to where you are...

If you're going to use "arrives under own power" on the Summon you're probably better off buying a Computer with HRRP and the program "Come to my location" and then buying a simple Radio Transmitter that finds the vehicle. Much cheaper than the above.

If the Summon just makes the Vehicle Appear - ala Ghost Rider - then a Summon may be appropriate if you want an actual Vehicle and not just an SFX of flying. The advatantage to a Vehicle is they come with stuff like headlights, and other Every Vehicle Equipment.

Funny. I was just thining of the best way for a mystic character to summon an enchanted motorcycle to them...

I'm going to make a suggestion that alot of people will laugh at, but it can work just fine (for that matter my archer has a motorcycle bought this way)

+XX running, x4 or x8 NCM, Fuel Charge Lasting 5 hours (or 0 END), OAF

I'm going to make a suggestion that alot of people will laugh at, but it can work just fine (for that matter my archer has a motorcycle bought this way)

I wouldn't laugh at that at all. If the player wants a vehicle that appears at will, and all the vehicle really does is provide transportation, then that does indeed sound like just a Power for the character. The fact the power effects look like a "vehicle" is just a special effect. :thumbup:

No laughing from me. If all you're wanting out of the "vehicle" is to move fast then running (or flying as previously suggested) works great. As Derek so aptly put it "it appears at will just provides transportation"

I'd add "Visible" to that to better simulate it sounding/looking more like a motorcycle as well.

Per TUV p27 you only need Slavishly Loyal.

The cost of the Summon is based on the cost of the vehicle, not the cost of the vehicle/5.

I'm aware of that rule. If you interpret it to mean that calling a 300 point vehicle costs 120 points (60+60), it's costed as per any use of summon.

I've seen it interpretted to mean that summonning a 300 point vehicle would cost 600 points (300+300). I hope that's a misinterpretation; I can't see any reason why Summonning a 300 point dragon to fly you from point A to point B should be less expensive than Summonning a helicopter.

I'm aware of that rule. If you interpret it to mean that calling a 300 point vehicle costs 120 points (60+60), it's costed as per any use of summon.

I've seen it interpretted to mean that summonning a 300 point vehicle would cost 600 points (300+300). I hope that's a misinterpretation; I can't see any reason why Summonning a 300 point dragon to fly you from point A to point B should be less expensive than Summonning a helicopter.

The first one is right

I believe it's a preemptive strike against those that look at the Vehicle Perk - buy a 300pt vehicle for 60 Real Points then try and buy a Summon to "summon the Real Points of the Vehicle" - effectively getting a double divisor.

The first one is right

I believe it's a preemptive strike against those that look at the Vehicle Perk - buy a 300pt vehicle for 60 Real Points then try and buy a Summon to "summon the Real Points of the Vehicle" - effectively getting a double divisor.

I always treat it as the first in my games.

Summon, Duplication, Multiform, Vehicles and Followers are all up there on the Easy To Abuse scale, but making them unplayably expensive is not the right way to handle potential problems.

I'd only ask how the vehicle gets from where it was to where you want it, and if this ability only applies to the vehicle getting there, or to you getting the vehicle there (as apposed to the vehicle being able to other places like that, you you being able to get stuff other than the vehicle like this).

It could be a Teleport on the Vehicle that only allows it to teleport you to when called for (via whatever means of calling you might have), or it can be a Teleport on the character than can only target the vehicle (or whatver it is about the vehicle that makes it targetable... it's be interesting if someone stole the tracking device and gets "summoned" instead.

I'd only use the Summon Power if the vehicle didn't seem to exist when it wasn't with the character.