question about Israle soldier character.

Ragdoll

Re: question about Israle soldier character.

Eh... you mean Israel? Yes, they (we) have a SF Force, detailed in part in Dark Champions. They are the MOSAD, IIRC. MOSAD fill roles similar to the CIA and MI:6, although (I think) they have some local jurisdiction as well. Considered one of the 'elite among elite' SpecOps organizations in the world. The elite members of MOSAD are on par with American Special Forces.

According to some fiction I've read (and am thus publicly stating that i cannot corroborate this) they have their own martial art, which is built on elbows, knee strikes & breaks.

Their ranks contain everything from run of the mill super-soldiers to some of the world's greatest assassins. Primary training is in counter-terrorism (because of where they live) and they've trained, and shared training, with US SpecOps (Rangers, Seals, Deltas).

So yeah. They have a SpecOp organization. ;)

Eh... you mean Israel?

I was thinking:

'Does the Israeli Military have a special forces?'

And somehow it came out in that bungled form. XD

But yes, these are 'exactly' the responses I was hoping for. Much appreciated. :D

I personally like the GGU's approach to Special Forces training... puts them all as "roughly equivalent". This allows for a base package you can build from, and avoids the inevitable "my special forces can beat your special forces" net arguments that seem implicit in evaluating distinctions between nations/branches (it's the military equivalent of Firelord vs. Spider-Man). To quote the website:

From a character creation perspective, all military forces are more or less identical: the character first undergoes basic training, which is intended to instill discipline, make him physically fit and teach him basic military skills such as tactics, the use of firearms, and so forth. Thereafter, the character will be sent to advanced training in his chosen field of specialty, such as computer science, aircraft mechanics, the medical corps and the like. Characters who show special aptitude may be able to undertake even more advanced training as members of a special forces, and instead take the package below this one.

Since each branch of the military offers the opportunity to learn approximately the same skills, this Package Deal is generic, intended for any military service the character might have once been a part of. This package is for characters who are former military.

Here's the link to the GGU hero designer package btw...

Special Forces Package

...and here's "regular army" (anyone's army).

Military Package

I personally like the GGU's approach to Special Forces training... puts them all as "roughly equivalent". This allows for a base package you can build from, and avoids the inevitable "my special forces can beat your special forces" net arguments that seem implicit in evaluating distinctions between nations/branches (it's the military equivalent of Firelord vs. Spider-Man). To quote the website:

Here's the link to the GGU hero designer package btw...

Special Forces Package

...and here's "regular army" (anyone's army).

Military Package

I appreciate the effort Lum, unfortunately I don't have the designer software.

But I'd earnestly like to see the package. It'd help me out tremendously for what I'm trying to design. Any chance you could just post it to the thread here?

I appreciate the effort Lum, unfortunately I don't have the designer software.

But I'd earnestly like to see the package. It'd help me out tremendously for what I'm trying to design. Any chance you could just post it to the thread here?

Of course! Sorry, I just bought HD3 last weekend and am all excited about it... :D

Military Package (total cost 16):

2 Running +1" (7" Total)

3 Climbing (DEX)

3 Demolitions (INT)

2 Knowledge Skill: The Military/Mercenary/Terrorist World (11)

2 Knowledge Skill: (Military Force's) Customs and History (11)

2 Navigation (Land)(INT)

1 Paramedics (8)

2 Professional Skill: Member of the Military (11)

3 Stealth (DEX)

3 Tactics (INT)

3 Weapon Familiarity: Small Arms, Knives

Special Forces Package (Total Cost 42):

2 Running +1" (7" Total)

1 Swimming +1" (3" Total)

8 +1 With All Combat

3 Climbing (DEX)

3 Demolitions (INT)

2 Knowledge Skill: The Military/Mercenary/Terrorist World (11)

2 Knowledge Skill: (Military Force's) Customs and History (11)

2 Knowledge Skill: (Special Force's) Customs and History (11)

2 Navigation (Land)(INT)

1 Paramedics (8)

2 Professional Skill: Member of the Military (11)

2 Professional Skill: Member of the Special Forces (11)

3 Stealth (DEX)

8 Survival (Desert, Mountain, Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical)

3 Tactics (INT)

3 Tracking (INT)

2 Transport Familiarity: Parachuting (Advanced, Basic)

3 Weapon Familiarity: Small Arms, Knives

-10 Social Limitation: Civilians Just Don't Get It

These are the "base model"... you can (of course) add levels/skills/etc. to reflect greater than the normal level of training (which is likely for "super-soldier" types). Hope this is helpful.

As I understand it, the Mossad is a little more equivalent to the CIA; their military also has its own special forces/intelligence branch, the name of which escapes me.

They ALSO have a specific martical art (Krav Magda?) they're trained in, although I don't know if every agent or commando would necessarily have the "black belt" equivalent. It's in the Ultimate Martial Artist.

Lucius Alexander

And a US Air Force surplus palindromedary

Depends on your definition of special forces.

MOSSAD roughly equals CIA. Foreign intelligence and operations.

If you mean more like Green Berets or Rangers, then it's the Sayeret units. Sayeret Matkal are the CTU guys and probably closest to what you are looking for. Standard Special forces packages can be used for them. Aside from what's listed, there are also some good packages in Dark Champions.

Another good resource is GURPS Special Ops, as well as the Call of Cthuluu sourcebook Delta Green (considered by many to be the best RPG supplement ever put out for any game, ever - it arguably has TOO MUCH information about how to play an X-Files style modern conspiracy game.)