[Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Snake Gandhi

Re: [Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Mole Girl's stats came together easy as pie. Now I just need to do her background story and post.

I am hitting a slight snag. Just like Mole Man and Dr. Doom's color schemes are almost identical, I have a feeling Mole Girl and Doom's Daughter would show up to the dance wearing the same outfit. Any suggestions?

Her colors don't have to be the same as dad's. I think the shades and staff would be strong enough visually to establish the connection there. Perhaps other parts of her outfit/colors will be a connection to her Deviant mother?

And perhaps "Shrew" as a name?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST DRAFT OF NIGHTSTALKER

NIGHTSTALKER, aka 'John' Morlock

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

65 STR 55 22- Lift 204.8tons; 13d6 [6]

35 DEX 75 16- OCV: 12/DCV: 12

23 CON 26 14-

11 BODY 2 11-

24 INT 14 14- PER Roll 14-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

0+10 COM -5 9- / 11-

20 PD 7 Total: 20 PD (15 rPD)

20 ED 15 Total: 20 ED (15 rED)

7 SPD 25 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

15 REC -6

66 END 10

56 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 230

Movement: Running: 12"/24"

Leaping: 20"/40"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Swinging: 30"/960"

Cost Powers END

Mutant Abilities

5 1) Shadow Vision: Nightvision 0

30 2) Tougher than Nails [combo Mutant and Symbiote]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

30 3) Tougher than Nails II [combo Mutant and Symbiote]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

10 4) Shadow Stealth: Invisibility to Sight Group (20 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Only Works In Darkness (-½), Requires A Stealth Roll (-½) 2

15 5) Damage Resistance [combo Mutant and Symbiote] (15 PD/15 ED) 0

12 6) Runner: Running +6" (12" total) 1

Symbiote Powers

10 1) Spider-Climbing: Clinging (normal STR) 0

7 2) Spider Leap: Leaping +7" (20" forward, 10" upward) 1

7 3) Symbiote Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 ¼), Self Only (-½) 0

2 4) Spider Sense Blocking: Invisibility to Danger Sense , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (6 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Only vs. Spider Sense; -2) 0

2 5) Symbiotic Mental Defense: Mental Defense (4 points total) 0

3 6) Chains/Psuedopods: Extra Limbs (4) (5 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-¼), Nonpersistent (-¼) 0

3 7) Symbiote 'Shape Change': +10 COM (5 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -¼), Nonpersistent (-¼)

75 Symbiote Powers: Multipower, 75-point reserve

1u 1) Instant Change (any clothing): Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (Clothing into costume and vice-versa), Improved Target Group (+¼) (12 Active Points); Limited Target Limited (-½) 1

5u 2) Weaponry / Bite: HKA 3 ½d6 (7d6+1 w/STR) (55 Active Points) 5

7u 3) Chain Web: Entangle 8d6, 7 DEF (75 Active Points) 7

5u 4) Chains/Psuedopods: Stretching 12", Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (75 Active Points); Limited Body Parts (Psuedopods Only; -¼), Always Direct (-¼) 3

6u 5) Swinging: Swinging 30", x32 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (62 Active Points) 2

Combat Training plus Spider-Fu

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Fast Strike +2 +0 15d6 Strike

4 Charge +0 -2 15d6 +v/5 Strike, FMove

3 Legsweep +2 -1 14d6 Strike, Target Falls

5 Flying Grab -2 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 75 STR for holding on; FMove

4 Reversal -1 -2 80 STR to Escape; Grab Two Limbs

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

5 Flying Dodge -- +4 Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

Perks

3 The Nightstalker: Reputation: Vigilante (A small to medium sized group) 11-, +3/+3d6

4 Contact: SpiderMan (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact limited by identity, Good relationship with Contact) 8-

Talents

24 Spider Sense: Danger Sense (self only, out of combat, Function as a Sense) 16-

17 Instinctual Fighting: Combat Sense 16-

Skills

0 Acting 8-

0 Conversation 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 Paramedics 8-

0 Persuasion 8-

0 Language: English (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

0 Sewer Dweller

0 1) PS: Homeless 11-

3 2) AK: Campaign City 14-

3 3) AK: Sewers 14-

3 4) Concealment 14-

3 5) Security Systems 14-

3 6) Lockpicking 16-

3 7) Shadowing 14-

3 8) Streetwise 13-

3 9) Stealth 16-

4 10) Survival (Underground, Urban) 14-

0 Spider Skills

3 1) Acrobatics 16-

3 2) Breakfall 16-

3 3) Climbing 16-

3 4) Contortionist 16-

3 5) Power: Spider-Skills 16-

5 6) Sweep as a half phase action: Rapid Attack (HTH)

10 7) Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH) (Ignore the -3 penalty for Off hand, ignore the first -2OCV penalty for Sweep, Only -2 DCV instead of Half DCV)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 370

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

0 Distinctive Features: Bony Protrusions from Mutations (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Rivalry: Professional (Arachne), Rival is More Powerful, Rival is a Player Character, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Unaware of Rivalry

15 Hunted: Carnage No idea where it is ATM 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Venom Scorpion now wears it 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Watched: Apocalpyse 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

5 Watched: SpiderMan 8- (Mo Pow, Watching)

10 Money: Destitute

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Talks to the Symbiote (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Wants to find out about his old life (Common, Moderate)

10 Social Limitation: No Identity (Frequently, Minor)

10 Reputation: Threat or Menace, 11-

10 Enraged: Symbiote Control: When attacked by another Symbiote (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 11-

Total Disadvantage Points: 600

Background/History: It seems a fantasy when Morlock 'remembers' his days as a brilliant scientist under the employ of Dr. Henry Philip McCoy (known in this timelime as The Dark Beast). Only fragments of memory remain, and these can't be trusted either...

He can piece together shattered thoughts of accelerating mutant genes, with failed experiments being thrown into the sewers, appropriately dubbed the 'Morlocks'. It is this word that he takes his name from, for he can remember no other.

His immense strength, durability, and reflexes, coupled with his ability to hide himself in shadows, have allowed him to live in these sewers, avoiding detection and capture... He has searched for any others like him down here, but to no avail, they seem to have been wiped out. He has watched from below, learning about the world above, wanting to be there but knowing his mutated body would not be welcomed...

And so he waited, living off what scraps he could, learning how to follow people unnoticed, to enter buildings and bypass securities, studying his surroundings thoroughly, learning how to survive the best he could.

Until that fateful day when Patrick Mulligan, one of New York City's finest cops [and host to the symbiote known as Toxin, the offspring of Carnage] lost his life and the symbiote needed a new host.

It was that day the Nightstalker was born.

Personality/Motivation: Morlock wishes nothing more than to have a life among other people. He knows he was robbed of a life, but can't piece together what it was all about. He is tormented in his dreams by an unpredictable cycle of the warm fuzzy moments in the life of a brilliant scientist and the atrocities that he committed under the leadership of Dr. McCoy. It is made worse by the fact that he retains his vast intellect but can no longer remember any of his training - nor could he even access a library before the symbiote came along.

With Toxin, the symbiote, Morlock has a new lease on life. He can now go outside in the surface world thanks to it's shapechanging abilities. He has thoughts of being a hero now, through the symbiotes memories and his own need for redemption. Toxin has also made friends with Spiderman while attached to Patrick Mulligan, and Morlock hopes to further that relationship as well. He wants to thank Spiderman for the words of wisdom that echo through his head.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Quote: "The night belongs to me, evil one."

Powers/Tactics: Similar to SpiderMan, Venom and Carnage.

He can Leap, Swing, Create Weaponry, Bite, Entangle, use Martial Arts, is tough as nails, and much stronger than the other symbiotes.

Appearance: TOXIN0101.jpg

Here's my submission: Son of Werewolf By Night, Wolf!

I've got some other stuff I'm going to PM to you, SG... :)

-----

CHARACTER NAME: Wolf

ALTERNATE IDENTITY: George Timothy (G.T.) Russell

HEIGHT: 72"

WEIGHT: 200 lbs

HAIR COLOR: Sun-Bleached Blonde

EYE COLOR: Sparkling Green

BACKGROUND: Grigori Russoff brought the supernatural curse of lycanthropy upon his family when in 1795 he tried to rescue his wife from the clutches of Dracula and was bitten by a female werewolf. The curse was mystically transmitted to Russoffs descendants, awaiting a supernatural catalyst to trigger it. In the mid-1950s such a catalyst was found when Baron Gregory Russoff acquired a copy of the Darkhold, the tome of evil mystical knowledge originally scribed by the ancient demon Chthon. The act of reading the cursed tome triggered the dormant curse in Russoff's ancestry. The werewolf Russoff was eventually stalked and killed by a mob of townspeople.

Russoff's wife took her children to live in America, far from the horror of their past, but the past has a way of catching up with people. When Jack turned 18, he became afflicted with his father's curse, and began to turn into a werewolf on the three nights of the full moon. For about two years, Russell ran rampant through Los Angeles with the mind of a savage beast on the nights of the full moon until such time as a trio of mystic beings granted Russell the ability to transform himself at will into the werewolf regardless of the time of month, while retaining his human intellect.

Eventually, Russell settled down to raise a family of his own. Thanks to the help of some of the world's top doctors, his curse was under control. He and his wife had a beautiful baby boy, who grew up in the suburbs of LA without ever knowing about his father's dark history.

But once again, the past caught up with them. When young G.T. reached the age of 18, he, like his father, became afflicted with their ancestor's curse. But unlike his father, he found that he could control the beast; indeed, the power of the wolf filled his blood, giving him superhuman strength, agility, and recouperative powers without taking away his humanity.

Ever the sunny California optimist, G.T. decided to use his newfound abilities for the good of his fellow men. And yet, for all the good he does, he is still haunted by the knowledge that his ancestor's curse has made him into a creature of darkness, hated, distrusted, and feared by the rest of humanity. Perhaps, somehow, he can redeem his family's name, and break the curse forever.

PERSONALITY: G.T. is wants to know everything, see every place, and meet every person -- so much so that he often takes senseless risks to assuage his curiousity. He is a man of simple pleasures. He likes a big steak dinner, a moonlit night, and a pretty girl by his side. If he can fit the ocassional bout of injustice-fighting in there, so much the better. He has a very light heart and a relaxed attitude; hardly the sort of creature from whence nightmares spring. And yet, there is a darker side to him, a quiet part of his soul that he never allows out.

There is a good chance that his teammates have never seen -- or even know about -- his "other" form; he prefers it this way.

POWERS: George (who goes by either "GT" or "Wolf") inherited his father's curse, but with a twist. Though he can, indeed, transform into a very powerful werewolf, he prefers to remain in his human form, where he still maintains most of his supernatural wolf-like abilities. He is extraordinarily strong, agile, and durable. Above and beyond this, he has amazing recouperative abilities that let him recover from nearly any wound within hours.

TACTICS: G.T. knows that he's damn near impossible to kill, and is pretty hard to hurt. Therefore, he will throw himself recklessly at any enemy. He fights with a smile on his face and a laugh on his lips, rarely taking things seriously no matter how grim they get. His tactics are pretty straightforward -- charge, punch, repeat. If things grow too hairy for him to handle, he has a little secret that he can call upon... but he really doesn't like to unleash the beast if he can help it.

CAMPAIGN USE: Wolf is a baby brick with a twist, suitable for stealth and investigation missions but more than capable of handling his own in a fight. As a fun-loving party guy, he fits in well with any crowd, from socialites to frat-boys. He's got something of a pack mentality, so he loves hanging out with people -- and will happily work with his teammates. He's not a leader by any stretch, but makes for a good follower.

APPEARANCE: G.T. is a good looking young man with sun-bleached blonde hair, sparkling green eyes, and a slightly feral cast to his features that tends to drive the ladies wild. He is generally unshaven and a little scruffy looking, and his relaxed California attitude just adds to his unkempt appearance. He doesn't really have a costume because he doesn't want the world to think he has anything to hide, and he tends to just go by his given name, for much the same reason. He prefers to wear loose-fitting, colorful, and fashionable clothes.

I am hitting a slight snag. Just like Mole Man and Dr. Doom's color schemes are almost identical' date=' I have a feeling Mole Girl and Doom's Daughter would show up to the dance wearing the same outfit. Any suggestions?[/quote']

Cat-fight? :hopeful:

lol, I just noticed that my swinging [swinging: Swinging 30", x32 Noncombat] was a little too fast... at 7 spd it equates to roughly 4800kmph.

I mean, he's a swinger, but he's not that fast!

Without any NC Multiples he swings about 300kmph, which I think is fast enough....

Though I have played alot of Champions, I have never played in an online game. I had originally only planned to lurk until I got the hang of the online thing, but this game just sounds too cool not try to get involved in. If noone has an objection to an online noob, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for a spot in the game.

My submission is "Crusher", the son of The Absorbing Man and Titania (stats previosuly posted).

Looks great. But could you please post a Word version of your character? Unfortunately' date=' I don't have Hero Designer. :([/quote']

RadioKaos just sent me a text file (thanks bro!), so here it is:

WOLF

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

45 STR 35 18- Lift 12.8tons; 9d6 [4]

25 DEX 45 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

25 CON 30 14-

20 BODY 20 13-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 15-

17 EGO 14 12- ECV: 6

23 PRE 13 14- PRE Attack: 4 ½d6

20 COM 5 13-

20 PD 11 Total: 20 PD (5 rPD)

20 ED 15 Total: 20 ED (5 rED)

6 SPD 25 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

14 REC 0

50 END 0

56 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 221

Movement: Running: 17"/34"

Leaping: 11"/22"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

Wolf-Man

60 1) Wolf-Form: Multiform (600 Character Points in the most expensive form); Personality Loss First Roll After 1 Hour (-1) 0

20 2) Cannot Be Killed: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 20 Minutes (-2), Self Only (-½) 0

20 3) Invulnerable I: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; Does Not Work Against Magic (-½) 0

20 4) Invulnerable I: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; Does Not Work Against Magic (-½) 0

20 5) Hits Like a Brick: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-½) 3

Wolf's Physiology

27 1) Can Run Forever: Running +11" (17" total), Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) 1

2 2) Incredible Leaping: Leaping +2" (11" forward, 5 ½" upward) 1

6 3) Wolf's Keen Senses: +2 PER with all Sense Groups 0

20 4) Wolf's Keen Nose I: Targeting with Smell/Taste Group 0

10 5) Wolf's Keen Nose II: Discriminatory with Smell/Taste Group 0

10 6) Wolf's Keen Nose III: Tracking with Smell/Taste Group 0

5 7) Wolf's Keen Nose IV: Microscopic ( x10) with Smell/Taste Group 0

5 8) Wolf's Keen Nose V: Rapid ( x10) with Smell/Taste Group 0

5 9) Wolf's Eyes: Infrared Perception (Sight Group) 0

3 10) Wolf's Ears: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) 0

Lycanthropic Physiology

15 1) Immortal: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Longevity: 800 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0

5 2) Resiliance: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED) 0

5 3) Will of Iron: Mental Defense (8 points total) 0

5 4) Unquenchable Power: Power Defense (5 points) 0

5 5) Mighty Physique: Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Normal Defense 0

Perks

1 He's Got A Secret: False Identity

Talents

27 Wolf's Keen Senses: Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense) 13-

Skills

10 Skilled Fighter: +2 with HTH Combat

9 Sneaky as Hell: +3 with Concealment, Shadowing, Stealth

3 Smooth Talker: +1 with Persuasion, Oratory, and Seduction

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Acting 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Conversation 14-

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 Disguise 13-

3 Gambling 13-

3 High Society 14-

3 KS: Supernatural People, Places, and Things 13-

3 Oratory 14-

3 Persuasion 14-

3 Seduction 14-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Survival 13-

3 Tracking 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 379

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

10 Accidental Change: To Wolf-Form, If Engulfed in Powerful Magic 11- (Uncommon)

10 Dependent NPC: Girlfriend-of-the-Week 8- (Normal)

15 Hunted: Jack Russell, Werewolf By Night 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Supernatural Creatures of the Marvel Universe 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Daredevil; Takes Unnecessary Risks (Very Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Pack Mentality; Likes to be part of a group (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Wild Child; Hates Rules & Regulations (Common, Strong)

5 Rivalry: Professional (???; Rival is As Powerful; Rival is a Player Character; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry)

20 Social Limitation: Dark Secret (Frequently, Severe)

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Frequently, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 600

lol' date=' I just noticed that my swinging [swinging: Swinging 30", x32 Noncombat'] was a little too fast... at 7 spd it equates to roughly 4800kmph.

I mean, he's a swinger, but he's not that fast!

Without any NC Multiples he swings about 300kmph, which I think is fast enough....

HA! I just visualized Toxin swinging along at 4800kmph... My mind's inability to perfectly conceive of such speeds in a cityscape made it look like an old Benny Hill sketch. Bwaahahahahah!!! :stupid:

I'm loosin' it. :help:

I am hitting a slight snag. Just like Mole Man and Dr. Doom's color schemes are almost identical' date=' I have a feeling Mole Girl and Doom's Daughter would show up to the dance wearing the same outfit. Any suggestions?[/quote']

I see a catfight a'comin'!

way off topic, but I rewrote Dr. Brutallus (Kingdom of Champions) and gave him armor that was something of a cross betwee Ultron and an Alien from the movies, and Dr. Doom. Silver armor with a beastly face and a purple cloak and tabbard. looks awesome in my head. Can't get it to futz right on paper.

Allright -- much as I'd love to get in on this one (and had lots of fun tossing together a 600 point character), I'm actually gonna go ahead and bow out. My wife and I just got a puppy yesterday, and there's a big difference between keeping an eye on our old 10+ year old Dachsund, and keeping an eye on our new, 4 month old, Collie/Shepard mutt. When both the physical capacity for destruction and the energy level go up a hojillionfold, these little furballs require a lot more attention. :)

So, rather than get into another game, and then find myself short on time to post and do it all justice, I'm gonna just sit on the sidelines of this one. Maybe I'll try and get into your next Next Generation Marvel game, or something.

I'd say just short of common.

Sure, if you're reading Doctor Strange, then it's super-common... But elsewhere it only pops up every now and again. Of all the Avengers, how many had powers based solely on magic? According to Avengers Forever web site about 2% (both fairly weak; Scarlet Witch & Doctor Druid).

Of course, magic items are available enough... but that's just an easy explanation for powers... Also, I didn't count anything divine, which seems to be a Marvel favorite.

For the longest time Wanda was referred too much more as a mutant than a sorceress. The X-Men rarely deal with magic and when they do its origins are often from other dimensions.

Of all Marvel's titles the Defenders dealt with magic the most... But everyone else, not so much.

Just my perspective based on allot of comicbook reading. Of course, I haven't read everything. :rolleyes:

I thought it was made pretty clear in JLA/Avengers where it was clearly stated that magic in the DC universe was much stronger than magic in the Marvel universe.

Let's just ask ourselves how Dr. Fate would fare against Magneto or Dr. Doom... :D

Who knows... It's a matter of perspective.

Hmm, I wouldn't so much say uncommon as.. quiet. I mean, heck, at least two of the Avenger's foes are heavy magic(Morgan Le Fay and Cthon, with Set being an honorary contender), and *coughs* I certainly count Thor in the "magic" user catagory, along with Black Knight. Or, any of the Midnight Sons stuff or Hellstorm. Heck, even Agatha Harkness... which just gave me an idea for a character, but I won't post it. Hmmm.

There's a lot of magic, it's just most of Marvel's magic seems to be items, gods or supernaturals, not spell wielders.

I've never done an online roleplaying session, and haven't even done face-to-face gaming for, gee, about 21 months (when my second child was born), but this is sounding interesting. Just finishing up Electron, Electro's daughter. Even if you're full up, it's been something to keep me interested during two incredibly boring days full of conference calls. Will post the character in a bit.