Class of the Titans

Logan D. Hurricanes

Is anybody else watching this? And dare I say creating write-ups? I'm starting to catch more episodes and it's not bad. I do have to wonder why Narcissus is considered a great hero, but beyond that I'm pretty cool with it. If no one else has anything yet then I may have to make this my pet project. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Class of the Titans

I've heard of it but as far I know its only airing in Canada.

And Australia. I've watched it a few times and it's really good. A group of kids inherit the powers of Ancient Greek Heroes (and Gods). My kids love it too and have their favourites.

Have to admit that Narcissus/Neil is a bit of a waste of space though.

And Australia. I've watched it a few times and it's really good. A group of kids inherit the powers of Ancient Greek Heroes (and Gods). My kids love it too and have their favourites.

Yeah, We don't get alot of good cartoons in the US and the goods that do get aired get cancelled PDQ.

I'm still trying to decide just what Neil brings to the table beyond a warm body to distract the villains with. From what I've seen his more useful for carrying stuff others on the team occassionally use to help with the mission at hand [such as when Theresa used one of Neil's nail files to free them from some tangling vines.]

Neil is cool! He's the comic relief, but he's not a moron like they typically are, like the cavalier in the old D&D cartoon. Besides, he never loses a coin toss...that's pretty handy!

Neil/Narcissus does stand around a look cool, you're right. In fact, isn't that how he was introduced at the start? He was a model at a photo shoot and looking in the mirror a lot.

I like the supporting cast too, like Hermes. And there was the Keeper of Tarturus, I think, who was pretty cool. She had a scorpion strapped to her back which she could take off and sick on to the good guys. I thought of incorporating that idea into a Champions character. Do you remember her name? It was like Kel or something.

I'm still trying to decide just what Neil brings to the table beyond a warm body to distract the villains with. From what I've seen his more useful for carrying stuff others on the team occassionally use to help with the mission at hand [such as when Theresa used one of Neil's nail files to free them from some tangling vines.]

He has about 6 dice of luck. Given how low rent the rest of the team is, they desperately need that edge.

I'm still trying to decide just what Neil brings to the table beyond a warm body to distract the villains with. ...

That's about it, really, but he's built to be the perfect distraction--looks to grab their attention and luck to stay safe. Well, till the cavalry comes.

He has about 6 dice of luck. Given how low rent the rest of the team is' date=' they desperately need that edge.[/quote']

I wouldn't say they were low rent really. Maybe they aren't as powerful as the originals but they're not wusses either. I'd say it's more a case of thier opponents being that much more powerful in comparison to them. I mean Cronus IS tossing the nastiest beasties Greek mythology has to over [and borrowing the Kraken from Scandanavian myth as well] after all.

I wouldn't say they were low rent really. Maybe they aren't as powerful as the originals but they're not wusses either. I'd say it's more a case of thier opponents being that much more powerful in comparison to them. I mean Cronus IS tossing the nastiest beasties Greek mythology has to over [and borrowing the Kraken from Scandanavian myth as well] after all.

To be fair, the Kraken is only the Scandanavian name. The basic concept of an impossibly huge sea-going monster is found is almost every sea-going culture I'm aware of, including Greek. The writers simply chose to use familiar name (presumably, the gods chose to refer to it as "kraken" so the heroes would more readily understand the threat).

Class isn't particularly good - it's definitely for the kids 7-12 crowd and not much older, with a decided 80s-90s cartoon vibe, including Neil as the stock "Reggie" (a la Archie) or "Eric" (the D&D carroon's comic cowardly foil who tags along with the heroes) style characrter.

However, it does have a few RPG minable ideas and the premise would make a cool Teen Champs game or modern day FH game.

Interesting premise. Maybe it will get picked up by Cartoon Network at some point.

I'd hope but given the apparently delusional nature of Cartoon Network's programming department its anyone's guess.

(I mean Wu Lin Warriors, Bo7..what are they smoking!?)

To be fair' date=' the Kraken is only the Scandanavian name. The basic concept of an impossibly huge sea-going monster is found is almost every sea-going culture I'm aware of, including Greek. The writers simply chose to use familiar name (presumably, the gods chose to refer to it as "kraken" so the heroes would more readily understand the threat).[/quote']

It worked in CLASH of the Titans so why not? :D

It worked in CLASH of the Titans so why not? :D

"In the 1981 film Clash of the Titans, "Kraken" is given as the name of the creature that is sent to kill Andromeda. In fact this monster, slain by Perseus, was typically referred to as a "ketos" by the ancient Greeks, a word that is best translated by the English phrase "sea monster", and in fact gave its name to 'cetacean'. "

"In the 1981 film Clash of the Titans' date=' "Kraken" is given as the name of the creature that is sent to kill Andromeda. In fact this monster, slain by Perseus, was typically referred to as a "ketos" by the ancient Greeks, a word that is best translated by the English phrase "sea monster", and in fact gave its name to 'cetacean'. "[/quote']

Yes, but I don't see why this is a responce to my post? :confused:

The relevance seems clear to me -- you referenced that the Kraken was used in the Clash of the Titans' date=' and I posted some expository information related to that tangent.[/quote']

I suppose, but I was just joking around. :)