Help! I'm stuck in a disad rut!

Great Beyond

Re: Help! I'm stuck in a disad rut!

The most fun disad I have played was Psych Lim: Lecherous. Basically it meant my character hit on any female in the vicinity, and did it constantly. Even in combat again female supervillains, and bad pickup lines abounded

Things got really interesting when I rolled a three on my seduction against the main female antagonist in the campaign. It was doomed from the start, but boy it was fun, especially when she kidnapped me to make me her love slave.

Heh - that's kind of like what I have on my pulp hero character (not the one that I'm currently stuck with disads on). He's a transport pilot that travels the Caribbean for a living. He has:

* DNPC: A Girl in Every Port

* Hunted: Former Girl in Every Port

It makes for some . . . intresting times.

Psycological Limitation: Insane.

Physical Limitation: Life Support (no need to eat) causes medications to help mental state to not work.

I basically played the character as well nuts. He was a fairly basic brick. When his new friend (would have been teammate if the campaign lasted) turned invisble, my character decided "to turn invisible." Obviously, he was seen sneaking up on the next villain he encountered. My guy "deduced" that the crooks could still se his costume. So my chracter stripped. And promptly loped downstairs to where most of the action was happening, "invisible" and naked. GM made me roll a presence attack for some reason.

One of my favorite Psych Lims is "Bluntly honest". Everyone respects honesty, but the tactless comments made it fun. This is especially good when combined with a high level of the Psych Lims "Naive" or "Cultural fish out of water."

Further afield was Dist. Feat. "Living Hair", a character whose waist length hair was fully prehensile (bought as Extra Limbs) but habitually waved and twitched with a mind of its own like the tail of a cat.

Finally I had a Manic/Depressive character with the Dist. Feat. "Smells like Teen Spirit". All apologies.

my all-time favorite disad (used several times) is the catch-all "Magically Delicious".

It's sort of a combo DF - only for entities that can detect magic, hunted - manavores and other entities that collect or seek magically powerful victims and physical limitation.

Makes for fun games.

I liked the disad I came up with for my kid's Teen Champs character. Nothing special taken separately, but fun when put together. She has an obnoxious Draco Malfoy type boy at her character's school who hates her in her secret ID and is always following her around, planning to get her in trouble, etc. That comes to a hunted. The same character is enamored with her super ID (a kirin) and is basically starstruck. He always shows up when the kirin comes out and gets himself into several dangerous situations. Because of the character's protective instincts, her hunted is also her DNPC.

I just remembered another, borrowed from GURPS

Weirdness Magnet. If there was ever a character who would find themselves in the thick of absolutely weird events of a threatening nature, it was him. Talking ducks, demons with flatulence, accidentally buying a section of the Necronomicon at a flea market. Kind of like a hunted meets a DF meets Unluck.... but heaps of fun to play.

Phys. Lim. Mild epileptic with cut corpus collusem. The character had previously had a history of very bad grand mal seizures, and had his corpus collusem severed essentially splitting his brain into two hemispheres, which did wonders for limiting his seizures, but results in some bizzarre effects like:

Right side aphasia: the character cannot respond linguisitically to anything presented to his left visual field.

Left side numerical incapacity: the character cannot count or work any mathetmatical operation based on information dervied from his right visual field.

In the particular character I used it with, the character had also lost his left eye. So while he could see he couldn't yell "Look out" when he saw the kid about to get run over, but had to jump in and save the kid instead. While he recognized people, he couldn't "remember" their names, or describe what they were wearing.

Something different.