WWYCD: We Have To Work With Them To Get Out Of Here...

Wormhole

Your character and one of his/her teammates are abducted by a cosmically powerful entity and find themselves in a cell. In there with them are two villains they encounter on at least a semi-regular basis, who were abducted in a similar manner as your character and his/her friend. The entity speaks, explaining that the cell's door shall soon open into a labrynith full of deadly traps! The labrynith is set up so that the only possible way out alive (and thus to freedom) is for the four characters to work together as a team.

At first, the more hotheaded of the two villains gets mouthy and tries to pick a fight, but his calmer, more rational companion grabs him, pulls him aside, and chides him for his idiocy, ending with a statement along the lines of "Now, if you're still itching to have it out with the do-gooders after we're safely out of here, that's your business. But until then, you're going to shut the hell up and do as you're told."

WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: We Have To Work With Them To Get Out Of Here...

Soulbarb would be able to work with a villain to get out, if that's what it took, and then see about taking the villains in afterward. She's very practical that way. But, she's also very skeptical about this supposedly cosmically powerful entity, and watching to see if he's really as powerful as he claims, and what his game is. She doesn't like being treated like a lab rat, and if there's a way out that doesn't involve running this guy's gauntlet, she's going to try to find it. That includes just sitting in her cell until he gets bored, if that's what she thinks it will take.

Sylph would probably take the cosmically powerful entity at its word, smile weakly at the villains, and agree to work with them to get out (so long as it didn't involve anyone getting killed.) Her boyfriend is the suspicious one with mental powers, not her.

Badger-would have no trouble with it with the exception of his arch-nemesis. The, if it meant stopping his archnemesis dying is a small price to pay (and although not heroic including the deaths of the other 2 involved, sorry to say)

Frosty Bob- no trouble, if villain is hot female, definitely no problem. ;)

Zl'f would have no trouble with cooperating under such circumstances. She has no archnemesis, and the only villain group she's encountered with any regularity (3 times so far) has been the Master of the World's team, who all seem to be fairly decent people for bad guys. She even sorta likes one of them (Fezzik) personally, although that won't keep her from trying to earnestly kick his kiester at their next meeting.

It really would depend on -which- two badguys I was stuck in the cell with; but, in general, both Bastian and Requiem are fully willing to work with badguys for getting something done that is mutually benficial.

The villains will be watched the entire time, of course.

Blackberry S. Firr would be suspicious of this cosmic entity's motives, and try to engage it in conversation to determine more about her plight.

She would have no problem conceptually working with some villains to get out of such a place--in fact, given her earnestness and sincerity, it is entirely possible that 4 heroes would end up emerging from the dungeon...

;)

Jake the Troll has no villians yet, and in some designs I have of him IS a cosmically powerful being.

Shinji Miromoto comes with anime genre conventions, and technically IS the villian. So, he'd probably get stuck with a self-rightous magical girl who is out for vengence for something. He'd put it off to dealing with kharma, and endure it.

Icon would get inevitably get stuck with the Buckaneer. After the eighteenth "Arg, lassie, I be checkin' out yer fine booty," she'd paste him through a wall and deal with the deathtraps herself. After all, regenerating your own torso doesn't hurt THAT much, right? Right?

Quantum - He would agree to work w/the villians and make sure the other hero would as well. Of course he would be expecting the villians to try and double cross him and would remind the other hero to keep his/her eyes open.

Stone - "Right. Sounds good to me." Looks to the hothead villian. "After you".

Spectre - "I've been dead before. I will survive." Looks at the villians, "If you wish to survive this, you will do as I say."

• 2 weeks later...

Hermes ( the only character I could even try this for ): The possible complicating factor here is we have enemies who are not villains. In fact, quite a number of people on the opposite side in our setting are nonetheless people we count as friends.

So, if the two "bad guys" are, say, Alaric and Telemachus, cooperation would be a total non-issue. If anything, Hermes and whichever party member is also present would almost appreciate an opportunity to work together with them under circumstances where opposed politics are totally irrelevant.

Which means its more likely to *not* be any such nice people. More like a pair like Dracha and Fenris, who are the closest to a recurring near-equal villain pair for us. Which means that, while we'd still go along with it and cooperate, it would be solely until the exit is found. Its not even a matter of being betrayed; I'm fairly certain every single member of our PC group would jump at the chance to kill these two.