Online game:Who wants to buckle some swash?

hooligan x

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Online game:Who wants to buckle some swash?

Ah, but let me be a warning - I said that and did not, bad me!

We went out with friends and between being already-tired and having a few drinks, I didn't get anything done besides sleep when I got home. But tonight I have no plans so should truly get it done.

We went out with friends and between being already-tired and having a few drinks, I didn't get anything done besides sleep when I got home. But tonight I have no plans so should truly get it done.

Did you sing any karaoke? Cuz I heard you can rock a mic.

Ummm...are you OK?

Well, the automobile has been retrieved from the impound lot and is now properly registered. (Tip #1: Don't drive in Trumbull CT with an expired registration).

My cell phone and all the numbers in its sim card are surfing the storm sewers of New Haven so don't be surprised if any of you get calls from rats. (Tip #2: Do not stand near storm grate when checking the time on your phone.) The good news is I have another phone I can get my service switched to. The bad news is there are several people who I can't ever call again, including my father wh's number and address are lost. I hope he calls me because nobody in the family has his information, since I am the only one who still talks to him.

The big knot on my forehead is barely noticeable in the cheaply lit office I work in, so that's ok. (Tip number #3: do NOT, even after being stranded by the police in Trumbull with the wife and the friend you drove to that craphole to pick up THEN taking a $20 cab ride to Bridgeport and a train to New Haven THEN losing your phone in the sewer and paying your last ten dollars for an eight block bus ride, punch yourself in the face repeatedly. This just upsets the people around you and attracts unwanted attention from the police. Oh, and it hurts the next day.)

Well, the automobile has been retrieved from the impound lot and is now properly registered. (Tip #1: Don't drive in Trumbull CT with an expired registration).

My cell phone and all the numbers in its sim card are surfing the storm sewers of New Haven so don't be surprised if any of you get calls from rats. (Tip #2: Do not stand near storm grate when checking the time on your phone.) The good news is I have another phone I can get my service switched to. The bad news is there are several people who I can't ever call again, including my father wh's number and address are lost. I hope he calls me because nobody in the family has his information, since I am the only one who still talks to him.

The big knot on my forehead is barely noticeable in the cheaply lit office I work in, so that's ok. (Tip number #3: do NOT, even after being stranded by the police in Trumbull with the wife and the friend you drove to that craphole to pick up THEN taking a $20 cab ride to Bridgeport and a train to New Haven THEN losing your phone in the sewer and paying your last ten dollars for an eight block bus ride, punch yourself in the face repeatedly. This just upsets the people around you and attracts unwanted attention from the police. Oh, and it hurts the next day.)

:nonp:

Dude.

You need my number again?

Sheesh, sorry to hear that, that's terrible.

Interesting, I finally managed to upload a char sheet - turns out I had to apply the most recent patch of v3, weird, it wouldn't take the earlier version of v3 that I had loaded. Oh, well, needed to patch anyway. You should see the submission now.

Back on topicl...Martin van Remmen

Martin van Remmen

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

16 STR 6 12- Lift 229.7kg; 3d6 HTH damage [2]

17 DEX 21 12- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

13 CON 6 12-

13 BODY 6 12-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

10 COM 0 11-

5 PD 2 Total: 5 PD (0 rPD)

3 ED 0 Total: 3 ED (0 rED)

4 SPD 13 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

6 REC 0

26 END 0

28 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 70

Movement: Running: 6"/[Noncombat]"

Leaping: 3"/[Noncombat]"

Swimming: 2"/[Noncombat]"

Cost Powers END

Martial Arts: [Martial Art Name]

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 2) Froissement -1 +1 Disarm; 26 STR to Disarm

5 3) Lunge +1 -2 +4 DC Strike

4 4) Parry +2 +2 Block, Abort

5 5) Slash +0 +2 Weapn +2 DC Strike

5 6) Thrust +1 +3 Weapon Damage

Skilled Blade Combat

1 1) Weapon Element: Blades

Talents

6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

Skills

Everyman Pool

0 1) AK: Europe and the British Isles 11-

0 2) AK: Carribbean (Custom Adder) 11-

0 3) CuK: Christianity 11-

0 4) Language: Dutch (idiomatic; literate) (4 Active Points)

0 5) Language: English (completely fluent; literate)

0 6) PS: Soldier 11-

0 7) PS: Sailor 11-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Climbing 12-

3 Fast Draw (sabre) 12-

3 Interrogation 12-

2 KS: Way of the Blade 11-

5 Rapid Attack (HTH)

3 Riding 12-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Tracking 12-

6 TF: Riding Animals, Carts & Carriages, Large Wind-Powered Boats, Small Rowed Boats, Small Wind-Powered Boats

10 Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH)

6 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Early Firearms, Early Emplaced Weapons, Whips

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 80

Total Cost: 150

75+ Disadvantages

5 Distinctive Features: Distinctive black clothing, black wide brim hat, and black cloak (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Enraged: Insults to the Protestant King of England and the Netherlands (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

15 Hunted: French 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Puritan Ethics (Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: Dour, Diligent Bounty Hunter, 11-

10 Rivalry: Professional (noted French Buccaneer; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

10 Social Limitation: Puritan (Frequently, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

I have a brief background on the hdc file, it just didnt' show up here. it also depends on when HX wants to set the timeline..

1650s...he was a Dutch Mercenary supporting Cromwell during the English Civil War, and then went to the Carribbean, maybe fighting against the Spanish and French there. Maybe he could have been with Morgan in the Panama campaign, leaving with disdain after the debauchery in the wake of the conquest.

1680s..Supported William of Orange for his bid of kingship in the Glorious Revolution, and maybe fought against James II in Scotland and/or Ireland. Then ended up in the Carribbean chasing French privateers.

I gave him some emplaced weapon skill (ie cannon) and he has a war veteran background to explain this. I do have to figure out how to explain his blade training..though it could very well be self-taught.

I was very temtped to give him that cat-headed luck staff that Soloman Kane has, but decided against it.

edit: equipment didnt show up on this brief outline either...

btw I have some prefabs of early firearms somewhere.

Unlike some lizards, I am a man of my word. :D

I have a brief background on the hdc file, it just didnt' show up here. it also depends on when HX wants to set the timeline..

1650s...he was a Dutch Mercenary supporting Cromwell during the English Civil War, and then went to the Carribbean, maybe fighting against the Spanish and French there. Maybe he could have been with Morgan in the Panama campaign, leaving with disdain after the debauchery in the wake of the conquest.

1680s..Supported William of Orange for his bid of kingship in the Glorious Revolution, and maybe fought against James II in Scotland and/or Ireland. Then ended up in the Carribbean chasing French privateers.

I gave him some emplaced weapon skill (ie cannon) and he has a war veteran background to explain this. I do have to figure out how to explain his blade training..though it could very well be self-taught.

I was very temtped to give him that cat-headed luck staff that Soloman Kane has, but decided against it.

edit: equipment didnt show up on this brief outline either...

btw I have some prefabs of early firearms somewhere.

Sounds cool!

Just FYI, Savinien is not returning from his Paint Ball Tourney until the 13th. Also, seeing that some of the other PCs have a bit of magic, type stuff, I was thinking of indeed giving Martin a "cat-headed staff" good luck charm, but maybe from a Caribbean/Haitian native, dug up or imported form the ruins of Aztec Tenochtitlan

OK, I didn't make it. On the bright side, dealing with personal things for the last two weeks seems to have had a happy conclusion. Looks like the drain in my time was worth it.

Maybe I'll work something up that could be added later, if you like.

-OR- I could play the bad guy. Muh-hah-hah-hah-hah-*cough* *gasp* *wheeze*... Just can't breathe radio-active fire like the old days....

so...

I wanted to make some adjustments to MvR, however, I wanted to put things in a somewhat historical context.

About what year are we? Is Morgan already Lt. Gov at Port Royal? Would taking him as a contact be useful or just flavor?

Also, what about the supernatural angle....should I rework a "luck staff" into MvR or keep him as is?

IMHO, I like Martin as he is -- no luck staff needed (though I am not the GM, so my opinion counts for little). But if you really want some sort of "supernatural" advantage, perhaps you could work something into his puritan background? Maybe he has the ability to see evil -- like a Witchfinder General or something...? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...